Review: 2022-23 Napoli Champions League Thread

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Ciro Di Marzio, Aug 21, 2022.

1. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Ajax probably felt bad listening to him cry since he came on, so why not.

2. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    this is the best game Ndombele has played for us

Ciro Di Marzio and tripwire repped this.
  3. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    We are averaging more goals than PSG did when they set the record for most goals in a group stage.

4. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Final. KO round secured.

10-3 on aggregate. I hope now they'll want our kits.

Good game. We knew we would see a better Ajax and we did. With Osimhen we have a "reference point". The play is obvious. He wants every ball and we end up being more predictable. With Raspadori, he moves more horizontally and doesn't fuss when he doesn't get the pass. But as you saw on the goal, Osimhen provides pure drive and hunger. Spalletti has to be wise in who he plays and when.

Best showing by Ndombele so far. Chucky very good in the first. Kvara was sublime

LGRod, Sacki, Retrosword and 4 others repped this.
  5. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Congrats on two solid wins against us. I wish we were able to give Napoli a more competitive match today but we have so many deficiencies that your club cruelly exposed. I think they have a good chance to have a special season and Spaletti is a solid manager who gets the tactics right. Good luck in the knock out round!

6. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    We're one of the first to qualify for the R16. Now let's try and win the group.

Really liked Lozano's performance, if he steps up this year we'll be a real threat in all competitions. I've been very critical of him but I really liked what I've seen from him over the past 2-3 games.

Kvara, what needs to be said? This kid is special.

Love Raspadori, Zielinski, and Lobotka.

Olivera and Di Lorenzo are such solid fullbacks. Mario Rui likely offers more in possession but I just feel more confident with Olivera out there. Meret with a few very good saves. I hope he makes me regret wanting him out.

This is everything I could've asked for and more through 4 games. I love this team.

LGRod repped this.
  7. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Took you Guys long enough to jump off the osimhen wagon

I do predict he can redeem himself in the away game at anfield, but as we play now raspadori is fundemental.

8. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I think raspadori brings more hunger. He presses much more and much much better.
    The goal osimhen scored was, just like his other goals, a clear mistake and lucky

Ciro Di Marzio repped this.
  9. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Also would like to add simeone brings more than Osimhen

10. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    We have always seen it; however, it is not an irreversible defect in a young footballer, and he can still learn to time his runs. Last season, he was still one hell of a striker despite this problem. This year, the things have been going so well that one simply does not want to see it when we can easily score without him, far more than just score. The irritation, at least for me, was directly proportional, so to speak. When you had been watching your team's fruitful attack only for Osimhen to come and show you 5 badly timed runs in a row, it is different.

He is still one hell of a beast as a striker. He just needs a good blacksmith to shape something out of him, no pun intended.

11. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Here is an interesting article for those who have not stumbled upon it. I dare extract one captivating paragraph from it: That I kind of expected – but I found this next statistic quite surprising.

"Napoli don’t have a single player in the top 25 for distance covered per game in Serie A. Their player with the highest figure is André Anguissa in 26th place – he covers, on average, 10.617 km per game – Di Lorenzo is next highest at 10.551 – the league’s most committed runner, Sergei Milinkovic-Savic covers, on average, 11.801 km per-game. I also took a look at the average number of dribbles per game – only one Napoli player is in the league’s top 32 – that’s Kvaratskhelia, who only averages 1.1 dribbles per game."

https://football-italia.net/the-secrets-behind-napolis-incredible-start-to-the-season/

SF19 and 11plavih repped this.
  12. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Disagree. He pressured the defender and caused a mistake. That was a goal earned.

Osimhen still provides value whether you like him or not. The difference now is that we have options. Raspadori and Simeone are fully capable

SF19 and Retrosword repped this.
  13. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I can get behind Raspadori being more important than Osimhen but this one is too much for me.

14. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We play better with Raspadori but Osimhen adds speed and pressure. I prefer him.

15. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    We are so lucky to have both. What a luxury to sub one for the other or even have both on at the same time.

16. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Play Raspadori! The rule for Italian Clubs is that if two players are similar quality and one of them is an Italian player, the Italian player always has to get the nod out of respect for the country that the club is in. Therefore Raspadori should be the main starter!

17. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    This has to be a troll account

Rossonero23 and Retrosword repped this.
  18. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Simeone too

Ciro Di Marzio repped this.
  19. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Spalletti might make 3-4 subs for tomorrow's game vs. Rangers.

20. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    It will be important to win tomorrow. A win will allow us to calculate a little bit, as we can secure 1st spot based on score alone.

Funny that people say we did not deserve to win some games. It is normal that a team wins some games with grit. Happens to the best of teams.

The only game that I admit we were outplayed was against Milan. Roma had just one good chance that could have cost us 3 points, but we had at least 3 solid chances.

Rossonero23 repped this.
  21. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [​IMG]

Anguissa is back

22. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Wow!

Giovanni Simeone scores 2 goals in 5 minutes for Napoli in CL vs Rangers.

Napoli is on track for their 12th straight win!

LGRod repped this.
  23. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Simeone: 1 goal per minute of play time

Have we ever had such options on the st position?

24. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Great performance. Simeone is the best CF sub we could have possibly bought. He is fantastic.

Liverpool win also so it’s down to the final day. If they smash us by 4+ goals they take first.

25. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well done. Very good performance