2022-23 Hot Seat

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by Collegewhispers, May 18, 2022.

1. ilikecollegesoccer

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Jul 1, 2022
    Didn’t think we’d be bringing up coach’s fitness on the Hot Seat forum as an additional criteria other than their Wins and Losses but okay.

Think shes an average candidate. Meh wins and losses at a school with great resources in a metropolitan. Should be doing a lot better than currently is.

2. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    for once we agree. Anyway she turned the position down so they are looking elsewhere.

3. luvthegame

luvthegame Member

Oct 17, 2005
    Need a national coaches fitness test to coach college soccer now. I think there have been plenty of college coaches who are really fit that fail at coaching. We all know who the best candidates are in the college game. Very fit coaches with an accent!!!

ytrs repped this.
  4. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

The accent card does seem to make a difference

5. SpeakeroftheHouse

PSG
    Italy
    Nov 2, 2021
  6. supercell

supercell New Member

Aug 19, 2021
    On a positive note, his beard game is on point.

7. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Doesn’t surprise me. Not a good or bad hire

8. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018
    For the person who made this absurd accusation about female coaches, I could not help but think about you when I saw this tweet. Be sure to click on it to see the photos:

LimestoneKid repped this.
  9. ilikecollegesoccer

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Jul 1, 2022
    seriously bringing politics into here?

Socr4evaH repped this.
  10. Eddie K

Eddie K Member+

May 5, 2007
    Am I seeing things or is there NOT a P5 coach on that list this year? Would it not be very rare to have no head coaching changes among the Power 5 schools any given year?
    Just curious since there were some biggies last year...

11. LimestoneKid

LimestoneKid Member

Edmonton Drillers
    Canada
    Dec 22, 2022
    That was me! And it wasn't about "female coaches" (plural), it was about a specific female coach (singular). Nice try though.

12. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cincinnati is moving to the Big 12 and has a change. Other than that (if you want to count it), you are seeing it correctly. Also no changes for the West Coast Conference, Big East, Big West, and Horizon among others. And yes, it is unusual to have no (or only 1) changes among the Power 5 in any given year.

SpeakeroftheHouse repped this.
  13. SoccerTrustee

SoccerTrustee Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Eddie K, great point about no P5 jobs open as of now. Crazy that is the case. A lot happened last year when more than 60+ jobs opened, versus now when we haven’t hit even 30 jobs yet. Maybe that’s part of the reason why. Have to imagine there will be at least a couple P5s turn over before next fall but none for now. Nuts that UCLA, USC, Tennessee, Florida State, etc turnover all happened last year and no P5s at all this year.

On a very different note I think the St. Bonaventure hire is a decent one. Good experience and Niagara has done relatively well the last couple years. Seemed ready to make the move from mid major asst to mid major head. And let’s be honest, have to assume they may not be supported that well administratively or financially so that’s a good hire based on limits they may have there and trying to compete in the A10.

14. Cantcoach

Cantcoach Member

Barcelona
    United States
    Dec 29, 2017
    There was some chatter at the ECNL event in Florida this weekend that Walker at Ohio state might be leaving. Sounded more like stepping away from soccer than a career move. That would be a big one if true.

15. Youth Soccer7

Youth Soccer7 Member

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Sep 13, 2022
    Villanova has a job posting for WSOC assistant if anyone's interested.

16. ilikecollegesoccer

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Jul 1, 2022
    For some reason the assistant gig has rotated multiple times under the new Nova coach. Looks like she can’t find a good assistant or assistants cant work for her. Been there a year and this hire would be the 3rd assistant brought in.

17. SuperSoccer1978

Barcelona
    Nov 24, 2011
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    My top 3 hires so far:
    1. Gore at Troy
    2. Denton at Richmond
    3. Batman at Toledo

18. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Cinci, NAU, UTEP: although Richmond could be in there yes.

19. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Walker’s contract is through 2026 I believe so she must be stepping away for something big if true. Heard more murmurs of her stepping out eventually but I would guess it would be at the end of this contract

20. From the Spot

From the Spot New Member

QPR
    England
    Oct 26, 2022
    Is the opening in anyway related to this:

21. ilikecollegesoccer

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Jul 1, 2022
    Thats a bit ********ed if it is. Shes a great personality at recruiting events when chatting with her. But hiring assistant coaches and letting them go? Making them leave solid positions, move across the country, then let them go? Needs to do better in the interview stages or look at staff managing style deeper.

22. RVAKICKER

RVAKICKER New Member

Man United
    United States
    Oct 3, 2019
    New Longwood Assistant was seen in FL on the Sidelines, with head coach. Any idea where Stoneman is going?

23. WACySOCCERWORLD

Jan 28, 2014
    Keep in mind that Stoneman is the Assoc HC, not an assistant by title, so He may not be going anywhere...or maybe he is?

24. Eddie K

Eddie K Member+

May 5, 2007
    Saw him at the NCFC event and he was as grumpy as ever. He's applied several places and you assume Dyer is staying on longer than he expected.

Longwood had 2 keepers and decided to bring in 3 more freshmen so 5 on the roster. One of the 3 is in the portal already. For a team that won 5 games. Is that a good recruiting record?

25. CASLKING

CASLKING Member

Houston dash
    United States
    May 20, 2018
    Probably not the best recruiting strategy, but Longwood just had a bad season, saying “for a team that won 5 games” seems like they are perennial losers, which is not true.

One bad season doesn’t define a program, I believe if you look at Todd’s body of work overall he has done well enough.