2022-23 Bundesliga Matchday 6: RB Leipzig vs Borussia Dortmund

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by BVBFNM, Sep 9, 2022.

1. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    RB Leipzig sacked Domenico Tedesco this week and replaced him with Marco Rose. With barely a couple of days I very much doubt he'll be able to implement his ideas in full, so anything less than a win would be a disappointment.

It would be nice if Moukoko got some minutes and scored a goal for good measure, just to rub it in.

2. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Leipzig have quality players and similarly to Leverkusen, they aren't where they should be despite showing the basis for attractive and dangerous football. I think it's only a matter of time until they get rolling again.

eaglespark repped this.
  3. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Yes it will be a tough game and they might have a new manager bounce. We still have a lot of injuries, hopefully we get a win. At least we had the easier midweek fixture.

4. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Great, 1:0 Leipzig after 5 mins after we had a decent start. Will be fun to now having to deal with their counter attacks while they can protect the lead.

5. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    You've got your wish, they are up 1-0... They look to be climbing the ladder.

6. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    We wouldn't want to disturb Bayern by staying on top too long...

7. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    2-0 could be 3 or 4 easy... Another day to forget

8. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    2:0 for Leipzig at halftime. Looks like we'll be giving Rose a great start at Leipzig.
    We don't play that bad but lose the ball too often and Leipzig may deserve credit for that to a degree. But with Leipzig's fast players, losing the ball is always dangerous.
    We had some promising situations but the last pass never reached its target. Some players like Brandt or Guerreiro don't seem to be in the game and frankly, Modeste doesn't seem to belong at this level.

9. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I agree so far Modeste contribution is like his name modest... Looks like a bad signing in desperation.

10. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    3-0, no match for them...

11. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Zero shots on target is not acceptable. Yes Modeste was an emergency signing but he looks out of place. Losing the ball easily doesn’t help against a team like Leipzig either.

A big improvement will be needed to get a result v Man City.

12. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    This might be where we actually are: Comfortably behind Leipzig. But there were still a few things that keep me optimistic. The team can play good football but must make better final decisions which is of course also a question of quality.
    Not that it matters much but Bayern only with a draw.

I don't expect anything against ManCity. We'll have to invest a lot but won't be able to stop their offense. I just hope we won't be too tired for the Schalke game.

13. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    There is just no way we can compete with Man City and their new striker!! We'd need a guy like him... But my guess is we'd be just as bad!!

14. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Why is it that whenever we face a team on a negative run they always end said run precisely against us?

15. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I missed the game, but will watch the replay tomorrow. Sadly this probably is where we are.

Our fan base really needs to get over the way we hype young players and pretend they are better than they are.
    1. Bellingham IS NOT good enough for a top 8 European team.
    2. We have no wingers.
    3. Modeste is an average striker. We gain nothing from playing him. These minutes should be given to Moukoko so he develops.
    4. Meunier is still an average right back.

16. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The casualness from Meunier for the 3rd goal should send him to U23 team if Dortmund had another good enough RB and a tough coach

17. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    That is why he is with us, we are nowhere near top 8 club!!

18. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Yet we overblow how good he is and we could actually sell him and buy a player good enough.

Looking at our squad:

Reus
    Brandt
    Kobel
    Suele

These four are good enough for a top 8 European team.

Dahoud is borderline.

The jury is out for the

Ozcan and Schlotterbeck.

The rest of the team clearly are not.
    We need to try and actually win. We need to sign players of tha level, or players that will reach that level and stay with us.

TimBenneth repped this.
  19. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
    Hmmm, I don't know, Bellingham has been surprisingly mantle this year. The only issue I have, is that its quite clear he will bail after this year...
    I really like Bellingham to be honest. Damn, that was a sh!t show of a game, That 3rd goal was just a can't be bothered by Meunier... I feel like RB needs an upgrade. Poor game by Brandt, Modeste was invisible. Moukoko has been kind of underwhelming tbh.

20. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    What do you mean Bellingham has been mantle?

21. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
    clutch, mantle ... potatoes, tomatoes.