2022-23 Bundesliga Matchday 5: Borussia Dortmund vs TSG 1899 Hoffenheim

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by BVBFNM, Sep 1, 2022.

1. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    We start the Matchday on a Friday night vs Hoffenheim, so let's win the game, keep a clean sheet and focus on Copenhagen.

2. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    It seems we have a lot of players missing. However, apart from Moukoko for Modeste its the team I would play. Hopefully it's enough to get the win.

3. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    1:0 Reus. Brandt with the kind of assist we need to unlock defenses.

astrophyz repped this.
  4. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Gittens had to score there. Not a repeat of the Berlin game, please, because Hoffenheim is much better to not punish that. Gittens was probably surprised how good Modeste's cross was. I was, that counter was almost perfect.

5. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    That should have been a clear handball penalty for us. I don't get it. You can see the player locking his arms behind the back as it's usual but then he releases the lock to block the ball. It couldn't be clearer what the intent of the player is.

BvB_Peon repped this.
  6. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Three points and a clean sheet. Flawless victory.

Are we going to 1-0 our way to victory this season?

7. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Game ends 1:0. First half was very good, particularly by Reus and Brandt in defense and offense, second half not so much. But clean sheet and we really didn't allow much. We make it too hard for ourselves by not getting the second goal.
    Modeste was a bit unlucky but there are signs he isn't only a player for the box but also someone who could set things up and combine with the other players.

eaglespark and astrophyz repped this.
  8. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    The goal was created by Wolf, Gittens and Brandt. These are the players i like. Theyt ake risks in attack.
    Is it just me or has Sule lost some unnecessary weight? It's good to see that. I was honestly worried during preseason.

9. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    It seems we never get those clear penalty!!! How much more intentional then that does it need to be?! On the other hand I remember so many times we were punish for way less blatant hand balls...

10. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Brandt and Reus were good. I felt Ozcan had a good game too.