2022-23 Bundesliga Matchday 1: Borussia Dortmund vs Bayer 04 Leverkusen

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by BVBFNM, Aug 5, 2022.

1. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I've no idea if this season we'll be able to mount a proper Bundesliga title challenge, but we should at least aim to win the DFB-Pokal and make a deep run in the CL.

2. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Excited about the return of BVB football!

Many say we'll challenge this season. And many say we're in rebuild mode. And probably some say both without realizing the contradiction!

eaglespark and BVBFNM repped this.
  3. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Intense and lots of commitment from the team. Great play from Moukoko. Reus scored from an inch out. Literally an inch. He will be our all time top scorer.

4. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Unfortunately Adeyemi got a knock on his foot and has had to come off for Hazard.

5. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    We are lucky it's still 1:0. 2 great chances from short distance wasted by Leverkusen.
    Hazard should have scored for us.

6. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    We got away with a lucky 1-0. After the energy died down in the end we were outplayed for most of the second half. But we won.

7. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    A bit lucky but not undeserved. Leverkusen with two offside goals, otherwise Kobel with some good and lucky saves. But it's good to start the season with a win against a tough opponent and we always complained about not having games without goals against us.

I liked the intensity and pressing of the team but they couldn't keep that up for the whole game. Overall one has the impression that some players need time time to grow into the team. It may be an advantage that the next few games aren't against top opponents.

Kehl in the postmatch interview seemed confident to find a good solution for a Haller replacement.

8. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Not the most spectacular result, but in my book 3 points and a clean sheet = flawless victory.

BvB_Peon repped this.
  9. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    - defense is still unstable when set defending. AND we sat Akanji.
    - Hazard. What did he contribute? He plays like he doesn't want to be near the ball. Back passes. Can't finish. Loses most of the balls he gets. He should be top of the list for players to be sold. I'll be happy if he goes for free. Play Brandt or JBG instead in that position.
    - I'm happy with all other players' individual contributions.. maybe not Hummels.
    - Kobel was my player of the season last season and was big today. I hope he isn't player of the season this season.

10. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

Akanji doesn't want to sign a new contract with us without a big pay raise and has already turned down at least 1 trade because he wants to play for a 'bigger' club...

11. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I dont' know about howe much luck we had. We had a fair number of chances like that perfect pass from Malen to Hazard who shot directly on the goal keeper.
    The finish for both team was really poor, and difference is that we got a good follow up by Marco to make sure the ball was in the net.