Discussion in 'San Antonio FC' started by HailtotheKing, Jan 26, 2021.

1. HailtotheKing

HailtotheKing Member+

San Antonio FC
    United States
    Dec 1, 2008
    TEXAS
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sooo we've got one hell of a midfield.

I love the signings to replace Solignac up top. I've been a fan of Patino and really thought he'd have excelled if given a true shot up top in MLS. I think we're getting a steal here. Dhillon is proven at this level, and of course Jose is a CF/CAM hybrid that can play wide too soooooo

Will be very interesting how we lineup given the midfield we've signed. Epps, Lema, Cuello (who's been given the 10 it seems), PC are all fantastic in the USLC .... but we've got dynamic capability with Bryant, Wright (and how does that mesh with Jose's fluid positioning)? That's not even mentioning Cam or Leo.

Connor, Liam, and Axel are great ... but we need several more pieces back there.

THE BEARD, nothing needs to be said.

I know we've got PLENTY of signings to come and that we've already got formation/getting folks on the pitch dilemmas ... and that's a great problem to have! But man this is going to be interesting.

2. HailtotheKing

HailtotheKing Member+

San Antonio FC
    United States
    Dec 1, 2008
    TEXAS
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fantastic open to the season!

SANTIAGO PATINO the hat trick hero on his debut!

Nice win and great fun for the first match. I did though, see some issues. Mainly with speed. We have some fast guys, yes ... but team speed overall was very lacking and noticeable, or COL just has two EXTREMELY fast dudes. Will need to watch closely in the early part of the season to see as we looked slower than last year. Yes, first match and all but just caught my eye.

3. run_it_out

run_it_out Member+

Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 19, 2018
    I really love what you have going on in San Antonio. Out of curiosity, where is Jose Gallegos? He's back from Germany but hasn't appeared in any recent matches with SAFC. Did he pick up an injury, or do they have him encased in bubble wrap until the transfer window opens?

4. HailtotheKing

HailtotheKing Member+

San Antonio FC
    United States
    Dec 1, 2008
    TEXAS
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He just got back a couple weeks ago. Not sure what protocols, COVID related, that are in place. Though I've heard loose reporting of a "lower body injury" he was nursing.

5. HailtotheKing

HailtotheKing Member+

San Antonio FC
    United States
    Dec 1, 2008
    TEXAS
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well that was a wild affair with RealMonarchs ... without the Red I think we'd have REALLY taken off. Still managed the point being down a man for 60min though.

I'll take it.

Cam can sure as shit slide passes into space SO WELL