2021 Winter Transfer Thread, Let the Rumors Begin!

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Nov 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I think the club pivoted towards Locatelli over Aouar as he would be cheaper. I wish we could find a way to get both, but finances probably won't allow that. Not to mention we still have to pay Atletico for Morata (assuming that's still the plan of course which I see no reason it shouldn't be).

usnroach repped this.
  2. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I'd forgetten Rovella was a thing. We'll see if he can break into the team next season, or if they'll just send him out on loan again.

I'm excited to see Romero finally arrive next season, hopefully he gets some minutes. He should, especially if Chiello retires.

juveeer repped this.
  3. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Romero is at Atalanta until June 2022 and they have an option to buy him. I wouldn't be surprised if we never see him at Juve.

4. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Oh, forgot about that. Well, if he doesn't then that means we might need to bring in another CB. Add another to the list of positions that need work.

Dante repped this.
  5. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I had heard that Nedved wanted the club to look at Tomas Soucek, but haven't really seen anything since. Anyone know anything about that? Is he any good? His numbers look solid for this season and hes only 25. Apparently he plays in a double pivot in midfield so that's also a plus if we're going to stick with 2 CM's.

6. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Juve reportedly inquired about Gosens from Atalanta this past summer and also this past January. Testing the waters. Could expect them to make a move this summer.

7. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    He could be a help. He is a pretty dynamic player.

Our problem is when we play fast we can be devastating, but we too often pull up and look for CR7 who slows everything down. If we commit to quicker play I would like a guy like Gosens.

usnroach and gumbacicc repped this.
  8. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I don't ever see us committing to a high-pace, high-intensity brand of football so long as Ronaldo is here.

usnroach repped this.
  9. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
  10. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
  11. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Sell Ronaldo and Dybala and revamp the team. This project is donezo.

gumbacicc and scirea6 repped this.
  12. cizko

cizko Member

Juve
    Italy
    Jul 14, 2017
    Sure hindsight is 20/20, but what a fail (in terms of actual results) has Ronaldo's transfer been.

13. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Even back then, there were open-ended questions. And now the results have provided the answer: it was a mistake. While mistakes happen (Moggi had his own list of them), what's unacceptable is not to learn from them.

So we need to acknowledge the mistake and move on, and that means rebuilding the team. There's no future in Ronaldo.

14. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I would also sell Rabiot if anyone wants him. Bentancur, maybe give him another chance under a different coach? I dunno.

We're gonna need a new CB, new midfielders, a striker. This summer is going to suck because we're broke. Selling those players should give us some room to make moves.

15. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Absolutely sell Rabiot. Get those wages off the books.

16. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Ronaldo's signing was more about branding internationally than futbol.

It cost us Marotta, elevated the Bobsey Twins into his slot, and cost Mad Max his job - something the Twins convinced Agnelli to do.

We shall now see how this all shakes out. Will those that drove this be held accountable?

cizko and scirea6 repped this.
  17. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Hence the problem with it.

gumbacicc and juveeer repped this.
  18. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To say that Ronaldo's signing was not about football and getting the CL, is wrong. Maybe in your eyes, but both the club and Ronaldo himself stated that he was brought in to bring home the CL.

19. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    It was mixed motives, but we changed our brand, we changed our sponsor, and Agnelli has made it clear that we have to become a world level club in order to survive in the future of football as he sees it coming in the next few years.

To ignore that fact and say it was all about winning the CL, I don't think is accurate.

20. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Chopping block is supposedly:
    Demiral, Sandro, Buffon, Frabotta, Ramsey, Bernardeschi, Chiellini, Morata and Ronaldo (if the club finds any suitors)

The rest have one more shot next season.

21. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I didn’t realize Erling Haaland was worth 110,00 mln €. I’d still spend the money and invest in a 20 year old goal scorer any day of the week over an almost 40 year old superstar. Haaland can easily give you maybe 8-10 years of production , is still growing or learning and potentially and he can be sold at 30 for a profit. You can’t do any of that by hanging on to CR7!

22. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Getting rid of Morata would be stupid. Frabotta is a good back up to have against the smaller league sides. The rest, peace yo.

23. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States