2021 Winter Transfer Thread, Let the Rumors Begin!

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Nov 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Dybala will likely be sold if he keeps on demanding 15m a year for an extension. No way in hell should we pay him that much

Dante repped this.
  2. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That strategy is nice, but admittedly, we have an obsession with winning the CL and buying young players about to hit their prime is good for continuing to win the league, but as our history shows, we choke in the CL. So I can understand trying to adjust our approach to win it. With that in mind, there is a very low chance we win it this year and Ronaldo is up in the air moving forward. I would go back to the "Moggi days" strategy but playing a more modern style on the field.

3. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Juve supposedly interested in Pedro Neto, he's one of Jorge Mendes' clients. Don't know anything about the kid, he's a 20 yr old winger that plays for Wolverhampton

4. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I agree. The Champions League goal looks more like a dream than it looked a few years back when maybe an aging champion could have put us over the top. I think we're just too far away at the moment.

usnroach repped this.
  5. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not really a transfer, but there are reports in Italy that Chiellini is close to announcing that this will be his last season at Juve.

juventino13 repped this.
  6. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    at 36 and can barely string 2 games together, it is probably time.

7. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Ending like Barzag it looks like.

Body just can't do it any more.

8. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    According to Calciomercato, so take it with a grain of salt, Juve is interested in brining in Van de Beek. He hasn't played much since arriving at ManUre is supposedly fed up of waiting for an opportunity

9. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    HE WOULD BE A NICE ADDITION.
    Could be the creative spark we need in MF.

10. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I'm skeptical that a player that can't break into United's starting XI can make the difference here.

11. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Van de Beek is a consistently healthy Ramsey in my opinion. Great goal scoring midfielder, don't think he is some creative assist machine to set up our forwards.

12. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

********ing Bernardeschi

scirea6 repped this.
  13. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Now I like him even less

Dante repped this.
  14. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    It's not Bernardeschi's fault that the club made a stupid decision to sign him; just saying. I don't think anyone loved the deal at the time and it looks a lot worse now.

16. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aouar would have been nice, but I haven't given up on Berna. He still shows out with Italy, I don't see why he can't produce similar things with Juve. I think his position needs to be figured out and focus on what makes him best at that position and he will become a very good option off the bench.

Personally, I think he is a winger/wide midfielder. He is good running with the ball and a pretty good crosser of the ball.

Unfortunately, Fiorentina fleeced us and we paid way too much money for him which will leave a sour taste in all of our mouths.

calabrese8 repped this.
  17. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  18. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let the rumors begin

19. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I'd love him back but not at those wages or with a massive transfer fee. While I agree that United hasn't helped his development as a player, one has to be concerned by his form.

Dante repped this.
  20. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    The funnier quote from Mino is this one:

"....Mino Raiola has revealed Paul Pogba’s time at Manchester United ‘is over’, adding Juventus ‘should have signed Zlatan Ibrahimovic.’

The contract of the French midfielder expires in June 2022 but he could be on his way out of the Old Trafford in the summer.

“It’s over,” Raiola told Tuttosport speaking about Paul Pogba’s time at Manchester United.

“Juventus should have signed Zlatan Ibrahimovic, he would be a perfect attacking partner for Cristiano Ronaldo,” he added.

The full interview will be published in the Tuttosport paper tomorrow.

21. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Here I thought Mino understood our club a bit better than that.

Given that Ibra was the first one to abandon ship when calciopoli hit (after getting Agnelli to supply him with one of the rarest Ferraris ever built no less), Juve was never going to resign him.

Dante repped this.
  22. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Yeah, that's all we need. Two strikers that don't do any defensive work.

23. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And so it begins

24. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’d be happy to have Pogba back, but not at that ridiculous price range.
    For Pogba to comeback we would need to sell, selling Dybala alone would not do it...for now I am content with what we have, not at a cost to sell the young talents we have on our roster at this time.

Lastly I think Bentancour needs to really step it up because this whole season he has been way below average.

Dante repped this.
  25. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I've already read reports expressing United's doubts about our ability to afford Pogba. Based on his United form, neither Juve nor any other club should be paying astronomical sums for the player. If United want him out and he wants to leave, the club will need to take a loss on the transfer fee and Pogba will need to take a paycut. Otherwise they can live miserably with each other for all I care.

NicktheGreek and usnroach repped this.