2021 Winter Transfer Thread, Let the Rumors Begin!

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Nov 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's November, so the rumors for the winter transfer season have started ramping up.

So far we have a lot of chatter that Bernardeschi is looking to leave Juve.

Today there are reports that Juve is taking serious interest in bringing Manuel Locatelli, from Sassuolo, to Juve this winter.

2. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    There are also rumors Juve are interested in Alaba, don't see how we can afford his salary. By all means though, he would be an excellent addition

3. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alaba, another one of the free transfers. Talk in Germany though is that he would prefer to go to Real or Barca.

4. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Calciomercato claims that Juve are working to sell Bernardeschi, as early as this winter, since he's no longer in Pirlo's plans.

If he's not in his plans, why does he play so much?

gumbacicc repped this.
  5. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    Because imo who would buy him right now? They need to get him to recover some form to coax someone into taking him but honestly juve will be lucky to just loan him out, he's only making 2.2 million a year so that's some incentive... but with coronavirus and lower revenues, they won't even be able to get half the 40 million for him. I think it's why they play him all over, to try to show some versatility... he has a penchant for good crossing and good first touch passes up top. He was pretty good when he arrived here, not great or promising...Mancini calls him up so he must see something during training

6. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    Apparently Ronaldo has not learned any Italian and only speaks Spanish according to Pasquale Bruno, any one hear him speak Italian? How do you train with your team without knowing some of the language

7. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Because we still have some injuries, prolly.

Once Sandro comes back there won't be any need for Berna to play.

He needs to move to see if his career can still be salvaged.

We are still short in MF as far as creativity goes. And we nee another striker. Sean would have been perfect. AlVARo can't play every game.

Dybala needs to get fit and change his attitude.

8. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Rumors that the club will cash in on Ronaldo in the summer. Gonna be hard finding a buyer that will pay a big transfer fee AND his huge wages at 36 years of age. Then again maybe one of the rich boys would pony up for a year or two of CR7, who knows, he's still got it

9. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I highly doubt it, the report first came from AS in Spain and then everyone else jumped on it. Juve will keep him, whether they renew his contract is an entirely different question.

10. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Juve are reportedly ready to offer a Chiesa sized offer to Sassuolo for Locatelli. They want him during the winter transfer season, Sassuolo wants to keep him until Summer. Juve might offer a player or two in exchange to sweeten the deal.

11. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Letting him walk for free would be dumb so if they don't plan on renewing what's the plan?

12. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    If CR7 goes anywhere it will most likely be PSG

13. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Locatelli would be nice (even if 50-60m is a lot), but it really starts to crowd the midfield, especially with our 2 man midfield. Locatelli, Arthur, Bentancur, Rabiot, McKennie, Ramsey for 2 is a lot. If we switch to a 3 man mid, a little more wiggle room.

I am torn on CR7, he still offers something special, but I feel the team plays for him and limits our ability. Everyone sees our players looking for him first and will often try and squeeze passes to him regardless of whether it is the best decision. His special play in CL knockouts may be worth it though...

14. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reports in Italy are denying the Ronaldo rumors. One even said that he plans on honoring his 4 year deal.

15. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    So essentially letting him walk for free, or re-signing him. Not great options tbh

16. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I agree that you don't want to let Ronaldo walk but I have serious doubts about someone coming in to pay big money for a player of that age, even if it is Ronaldo.

We also need to be honest about the Ronaldo experiment. Yes, he has been excellent for us. Yes, he boosted the profile of the team. However, the team has basically gotten worse since he joined. It will be interesting to see how this year plays out.

17. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    100% agree about the experiment and results so far. It is pretty cool seeing him at the club and the pop-culture recognition it brings. I was watching 6 Underground with Ryan Reynolds and saw his Juventus jersey twice in the movie.

Sporting wise, I believe we have regressed and too reliant on him. We could make some noise this year in the champions league and I will eat crow, but outside of that...

18. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    We're not winning the CL

19. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I don't see us winning CL either. We are further from that goal now than when Ronaldo first arrived.

20. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll save my pessimism until late January and a fully fit squad.

21. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    El Chiringuito TV claims that Sergio Ramos could leave Real Madrid for free at the end of the season. Juve are very interested in him. He would like a three-year contract of €12 million a year.

Juve are seriously interested in signing one of Aouar or Locatelli during the January window.

22. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Chiringuito not a really good source. That being said, I don't think a 35 yr old Ramos is the answer to our defensive issues. We're trading a 36 yr old Chiello for a guy a year younger.

I'd rather we get Aouar but I bet the club will go for the Italian

23. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    These experiments of bringing on players who are at the latter stages of their careers isn't exactly making us any better.

24. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, we hit big with Pirlo, Ronaldo is doing well, got 2 good years out of Khedira and Evra, 1 year out of Dani Alves but as everyone else mentioned it shouldn't be a constant transfer strategy in my opinion.

Locatelli would be great, but I think Aouar might be more of what we need right now. If we sign Locatelli, what does that mean for our "80me" signing of Arthur? To be clear, I'm not Italian and do not care whether we have a solid Italian foundation on the team, but Locatelli appears to be the real deal. I would be good with selling Dybala or Ronaldo this summer and revamping with Zaniolo and Locatelli. I really like Dybala and love that he stood up and grabbed the number 10 but he has become even more of a luxury player for me. Unless he can sort his s**t out, idk if there is a starting spot for him.

Seeing Berna with the 10 for Italy reminds me of when he was rumored to take the 10 after Pogba left and he just signed from Fiore...

Dante repped this.
  25. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I don't disagree that some of the older players we have brought on have done well. However, the squad didn't improve collectively. That older player was taking a position away from a promising youngster we could have brought on for less money. Some of the players you mention as examples fit the bill. I think that is the better approach: i.e., bringing on good, young players yet to hit their prime like we used to do in the Moggi days.