2021 STH seat lottery

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by mjlee22, Apr 5, 2021.

1. chris thebassplayer

Feb 18, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Yes, still Red Tier capacity level (20%) for the first two games, then hopefully a transition to Orange Tier (33%)...but that could take longer than most people realize... Even though we are currently in Orange Tier, there are logistics that need to be met in the stadium...spacing for social distancing probably the primary requirement driving capacity and seating.

2. That Guy There

That Guy There New Member

Earthquakes
    United States
    Apr 8, 2021
    Until guidelines change, there will be no increase in capacity. Because of the 6 foot distancing guideline there is not any room for more people.

3. chris thebassplayer

Feb 18, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Yep, could be many months until 33%...

4. That Guy There

That Guy There New Member

Earthquakes
    United States
    Apr 8, 2021
    They are hoping to be full capacity after Stanford

chris thebassplayer repped this.
  5. SeaJayBee

SeaJayBee Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Saratoga
    I would like to think that they are clever enough to realize that, if they allocate some space for vaccinated people they can increase capacity. e.g. one side for vaccinated people with less social distancing space. The other side more spread out.

xbhaskarx repped this.
  6. mjlee22

mjlee22 Quake & Landon fan

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That’s an interesting idea, but do any of the government guidelines take vaccinated people into account for anything but small gatherings?

7. SalinasQuakesFan

Mar 27, 2010
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Doesn't matter how much you space them out if you are only allowed 20% of capacity.

8. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Atlanta United sent out there STH gifts and my friend recieved there's. Everyone's who's a STH for the United got a coffee table book, arthur blanks new book, a 24k gold Martinez Statue, A stadium Flag, Media Guide, Trading Card Set, Custom Klipsch Head Phones, and a Beach Towel.

We get... Trash

xbhaskarx repped this.
  9. mjlee22

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just finished my second round of the STH lottery (sorry for using the word lottery) for the 3 games in May versus SEA, POR, and SKC. The process started on Tuesday, but my time slot didn't open until today Thurs @ 12:00 PM. However, it seemed like there were plenty of seats available, so I got almost the same seats for all 3 games, although 10+ rows higher than my normal seats, and $69 each in 106.

The rep had told me not to worry about getting tickets, because they added 1,000 seats to this lottery. Now I'm also realizing that if I were willing to sit on the opposite South side of the stadium, I could have gotten rows closer to the field. Maybe I will try that next time.

10. SoccerMan94043

SoccerMan94043 Member+

May 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just posted in the blog thread on this. Mine was at 10 AM this time and there were plenty of seats. I got almost the exact same seats for Portland and KC and choose to sit on the player side for Seattle in not as good a location.

Still haven't been able to get decent moat seats due to unavailability or needing to buy 4 seats (only need 2)... it seems a bit wrong you can't buy similar level/location seats to your season tix. Though it seamed like they aren't running the moat bars and that's the only reason we're in the moat (wife preference; we've been sitting in row 1 upper deck and I'm quite happy there).

11. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another convert to the upper deck in the making.;)

TyffaneeSue repped this.
  12. mjlee22

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was disappointed at the first game that they wouldn’t let us into the Club area. However, at least we are still getting parking passes, I guess irrespective of where we sit in the stadium.

has anyone tried getting the STH discount at the food trucks?

13. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Scored tickets for all three matches. Unfortunately, all the $13 scoreboard terrace tickets were gone. I had to upgrade to $21 Supporters Reserved tickets, Section 118.

I learned that opening more than one tab at a time doesn't work, one game at a time. Also, I had some technical difficulties for the third match, but it ended up saving me money because, at first, there was no availability in Sections 117 and 118. F'in internet.

Hopefully, that will be it for competing for tickets because California is supposedly reopening fully on June 15th.

14. mjlee22

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Today i saw a Quakes email that STHs can request free Away game tickets, so I put in a request. Don't know if I will receive any...

Are all MLS teams giving free tickets to their home game opponents, or are the Quakes somewhat unique?

15. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Looks as though there are still seats available for the next three games for under $30. Ticketmaster is a nightmare, though, keep seeing "no tickets available!" and have to back out and come back in. And it's ridiculously slow. If they had any competition, they'd be out of business in a minute.

Also, the seating is rigid -- lots of 2-seat and 4-seat opportunities, but single seats, 3-seat, 5-seat -- not so much. I was able to talk my daughter into coming with us so we got four good seats for the May 22, but there were far fewer options for three seats. Dynamic reconfiguration shouldn't be that hard but...this is Ticketmaster we're talking about.

16. Earthshaker

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe just by a double and single somewhere and then sit together. Don't think anyone would notice. Last game I had one couple 6-8' away from me one direction, and then the next nearest was at least 10' away another direction.

17. mjlee22

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Quakes sent an email on Sat AM that:
    • Your exclusive Season Ticket Holder window to select seats for our upcoming home matches will end Monday night. Log in to your Account Manager now and use your ticket credit to claim seats ahead of the general public.
    So i just checked account manager, and it appears that as of Monday AM, quite a few seats are available for the upcoming 3 games in May. It also isn’t clear to me, but it seems like I would be able to buy more than my 2 STH seats for any game. I just assumed I was limited to 2 per game. Has anyone tried ordering more than their STH # of seats?

18. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I think you can buy up to eight tickets. I bought more (four vs three).

mjlee22 repped this.
  19. SoccerMan94043

SoccerMan94043 Member+

May 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We had interlopers from (presumably) the cheap seats who tried to take over "covid closed" seats next to ours in the last game. The stayed for a while and then left. Then some other moved into the close seats in the row behind us.

Both made my wife uncomfortable.

20. mjlee22

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That’s too bad that happened, but realize that in another month, we could be back sitting elbow to elbow!
    Not sure how I am going to feel about that. It still seems weird to be less than 6 ft from someone, even outside.

TyffaneeSue repped this.
  21. Earthshaker

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I noticed many pods of people in my area not wearing their masks, (and not eating/drinking) and then one of the guys with the "Mask Up" sign comes up the aisle and the masks magically appear.

22. mjlee22

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I never realized before that I am eating and drinking non-stop during the game. During the first 2 games, Hubby and I consume 2 bags of kettle corn during a game + a drink + I have been getting an entree from the food truck. I only had my mask on maybe 10 minutes.

23. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Next time, try eating with your mask still on. ;)

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

24. mjlee22

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hahahaha. No.

Goodsport repped this.
  25. mjlee22

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard back from my rep today that the LA Galaxy only gave the Quakes 10 away tickets for STHs for the May-29-2021 game. Kind of outrageous. Surely they had more than 10 seats available in what used to be the away section? I watched the LAG vs LAFC game and they did not seem to be enforcing social distance or wearing of masks, so what gives? Phooey!