2021 STH seat lottery

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by mjlee22, Apr 5, 2021.

1. mjlee22

mjlee22 Quake & Landon fan

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    somewhere in this forum I posted what the process would be to get your STH seat for the reduced capacity games.

So since my seats were in the "bowl" area of the Club section, I logged in at 1:00 PM PT to get my 2 seats for the first 2 games. It was very disappointing, because I couldn't get anywhere near my usual seats. They must have given our old seats to paypal because it looked like the first 15 rows of 106 were not available.

I ended up in sections 106 and 107 starting at row 17 or 21 or something like that. The seats were about $69 each, or about $25 less than my usual seats. But if my old seats are gone, there is no reason for me to be an STH in 2022. I pretty much stuck out this whole pandemic because we enjoyed our location so much. Wahh.

Kaitlyn, Beerking, bsman and 1 other person repped this.
  2. SoccerMan94043

SoccerMan94043 Member+

May 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As I understand it, your normal seats will be back next year (who knows, maybe half way through this year). The reason your seats weren't available was because its only 20% capacity and they also took away the first 2 rows of the moat (some rule about needing to be 50 fee away from the players).

All of us moat dwellers got to pick before you and there is enough of us to make seats scarce (I couldn't get into a reasonable place in the moat, so I'm on the first upper deck row, but on the opposite side of the field from my normal seats in FC3).

3. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Good thing we haven't been vaccinated or I'd be totally bummed about this.

4. NedZ

NedZ Member+

May 19, 2001
    Los Gatos
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I didn't see this thread when I posted elsewhere, but I'll copy my post here since it is on this topic:

"My selection time was at 1:00 PM today, and I was looking to buy 2 tickets. (So I don't know if the purchasing experience will be different for people buying more than 2 seats). I normally have 2 seats in row 2 of section 107. I wanted to sit in one of the upper three midfield sections. I checked in at 1:01 PM. However, there were almost no seats in the first 5 rows available in sections 105, 106, and 107, and not too many above that, either. I was able to get 2 seats for both games by 1:11 PM in section 130, row 4. Sections 128, 129, and 130 seats were also scarce and I was lucky to get what I did. I didn't want to spend a lot of time searching other locations in the stadium, because I was afraid I would lose the immediate options I first saw if I waited too long. I logged in with a "plan B" in mind in case I couldn't get close to my own normal seats, but those plans went out the window because there were almost no seats available on my regular side of the stadium. Looking to the other side I grabbed the first "blue dots" (which is how one could tell what available seats remained on the map) I saw because there were so few there, as well. So I have to think that anyone coming in later should pretty much take the first blue dots you see because they will go fast."

mjlee22 repped this.
  5. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm fully vaccinated, but I forgot about this...

Beerking repped this.
  6. USA Saint

USA Saint Member

San Jose Earthquakes
    England
    Jun 30, 2016
    Upstate New York
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So they gave priority to the fans with the most money? Not surprised at all. Modern football at its finest. All the young, passionate working class fans are being kept out. Not saying there is anything wrong with older fans, but this feels like discrimination. Especially with the rhetoric of needing a vaccine, which the majority of young people with healthy immune systems don’t need.

7. USA Saint

USA Saint Member

San Jose Earthquakes
    England
    Jun 30, 2016
    Upstate New York
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The stadium will be a ********ing morgue, like whenever the Ultras aren’t there.

8. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I don't see how they can have a supporters' section given all their other constraints -- unless there was a special arrangement.

Jared did say that STH who did not attend the first two games will get priority for the next ones in May, so I'm aiming for those. Perhaps they'll have worked out the kinks in the system.

And, nope, loyalty is not rewarded. I paid $$$ to sit in the moat for five freezing years and that doesn't count for anything. My family is kind of at the point where we might pick and choose our games, watch the rest on tv, and not get season tickets again. Hard to support this organization, much as we love our team.

9. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, just got my tickets. Nothing in my sth section, but, better than nothing.

10. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Okay, so it was my turn at 10 and I logged in just to see what would happen. After hitting a half dozen error messages of the "system not working" variety and a captcha later, I managed to get in and was told I was 14th in line.

When I got access, the map picker did not work for me, but I could see a list of available seats. There were actually many seats available in good locations at an affordable price (moat seats for $80).

Anyway, I exited without getting a ticket, but hope this means that those of you choosing seats later today will have options.

On a cryptic note: the email I got from my rep today included this line: "Seats in the North and South Terraces will not be eligible for resale" -- not sure what that means. You can buy them but not give them to anyone else? Tickets elsewhere can be scalped?

NedZ repped this.
  11. chris thebassplayer

Feb 18, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I had a 10:00 slot today (second priority level on the list)...very difficult to find a ticket for my 3 person pod. I could not believe how many were already taken by the first level priority sths...nearly completely booked by the high enders before i even had a chance.

I'm thankful I even got tickets and I needed help from my rep, who was fantastic...it was more like, just get me in the stadium, I'll sit anywhere!

Oh_Teddy_Teddy, TyffaneeSue and bsman repped this.
  12. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I sorted on "most expensive" tickets -- surprisingly, the most expensive were substantially less than we used to pay for the moat. And I found last year's very good seats near the top of the list for something like $50 each.

13. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Work "meeting" ran long so I missed my 10am slot :thumbsup:

14. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Wait a minute - are you limited to a specific timeslot that is of THEIR choosing without any regard to your calendar or does that simply mean 10am was the earliest you could enter the site? If it's the former - that sucks big time and is a piss-poor way to interact with your best customers by making them conform to your convenience.

TyffaneeSue repped this.
  15. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would call your rep and see if you can get tickets through them.

16. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have no idea how it works... didn't really think about that until now. I'll call my rep.

17. Oh_Teddy_Teddy

Apr 7, 2003
    Mountain View, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our rep James helped us on the phone, and we got tickets for both games!

TyffaneeSue repped this.
  18. chilitownpontiff

Jul 14, 2008
    San Ramon
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the windows are still open. I only bought one game, but just logged back in and everything is still up and normal.

19. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got tickets to both games :thumbsup::thumbsup:

NedZ, TyffaneeSue and bsman repped this.
  20. FUAEG

FUAEG Member+

Oct 18, 2005
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just scored me some bleeders!

SeaJayBee and NedZ repped this.
  21. FUAEG

FUAEG Member+

Oct 18, 2005
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that's their "normal" process for those sections. They're E-tickets only and there's no way to transfer them in account manager. And for $20 a game, that's isn't much of a hardship. I think the logic is they don't want "invaders" showing up in the supporters sections.

Of course this is easily defeated by selling/giving somebody a screen shot of your QC code that they could present on their own phone.

TyffaneeSue repped this.
  22. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Very pleasantly surprised that there were available tickets when my window opened at 3 PM. Even more surprised and happy that there were $13 tickets in what looks like a new bleacher section on the open end. Those are gone for the opener as is much of the stadium. Still decent availability for May Day.

Hopefully, the team will loosen restrictions for the next three matches so more people can attend.

23. mjlee22

mjlee22 Quake & Landon fan

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When I was selecting my seats, I thought I read something in the purchase agreement that said you could not transfer tickets to anyone outside of your pod...

24. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    According to the account manager, both games are sold out.

25. staudio

staudio Member+

Mar 7, 2008
    Marin
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    apparently they are allowing 3,500 fans to a game which is roughly 20% capacity according to an article from centerline soccer....