2021 Season Member Thread

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Pauncho, May 21, 2020.

1. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At least they're communicating....

POdinCowtown, theshark130 and Paul171121 repped this.
  2. associa_tionfootball

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Oct 10, 2019
    upload_2021-9-2_13-48-56.png

yeah, I'm glad they put this in there because I can imagine the million reddit threads and posts here about them not sending anything to us about this

Bill Archer repped this.
  3. speedye1

speedye1 Member+

Dec 31, 2002
    They are and did give priority access as a STM benefit. You may argue it isn't what you wanted, but they are giving it.

4. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #2104 Bill Archer, Sep 2, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
    This is an.odd bird anyway. Certainly the club has some control over ticketing unlike a USSF match where the Fed can use your STM list as a convenient starting point but can still do whatever they like.

This affair is being run by SUM under the authority of the NAFU which, since nobody much knows this, is the North American Football Union.

The NAFU being one of the three constituents of CONCACAF, the other being the Caribbean Football Union and the Central American football.Union.

Each imaginary organization. gets two representatives on the CONCACAF board. Beyond that it's meaningless. NAFU also gets a member on the FIFA board.

So it's tough to say who is calling the shots aside from SUM, which is of course a sister organization of MLS with offices on the same floor in New York.

5. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe it's like the Super Bowl, where the league office takes over the stadium and the team office is totally uninvolved.

6. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sent a note to the membership email address and to my surprise, got a response within 50 minutes.

Before renewal gets locked in we will have the opportunity to change both our seat location and qty. additionally, once they know what seats were retained post renewal period, there will be a select a seat event at the LDC.

7. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Select a seat for current STM’s who might want to move? Or for new STM’s?

8. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m guessing they’ll have one event, but prioritize current STM’s first based on length of membership and then bring in new members.

Attached Files:

TKyle repped this.
  9. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #2109 Bill Archer, Sep 3, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
    • New Crew supporters will place a deposit for the 2022 season for as little as $50 to secure their place in line.
    • In late September, you will have the opportunity to renew your membership for the 2022 season.
    • Through your renewal, you will be provided the opportunity to relocate your seats for the 2022 season.
    • After you, as a current Season Ticket Member, go through your relocation process, those who placed a deposit will be able to select their seats for the 2022 season.
    So apparently once everyone who is renewing does so, they will then have the opportunity to change seats. Then, after that is settled, new members can select their seats.

So I dont see how they can hold one event for both groups since there's nothing for the new members to select until existing members have finished the process.

MLSinCleveland repped this.
  10. crew2112

crew2112 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Dayton, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    It will be interesting to see what they do with pricing. Honestly they have sold 95% plus of all seats this season. Probably no reason to lower prices despite the name of the stadium.

11. Paul171121

Paul171121 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 14, 2018
    I was thinking that. They probably rake in a lot more with a 95% capacity crowd at LDC than a 110% crowd at HCS. It just looks bad on TV with those lower corners half full.

12. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heck, they'd probably take in more with a 50% crowd.....

13. zman31

zman31 Member+

May 5, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My guess is that they quadrupled the season ticket money. Probably a tad less than that with the credits from 2020, but not far away I'd wager.

14. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    I received an email from the Crew about season tickets for next year. I found it odd because I haven't been a season ticket holder for almost two decades.

15. DRWCrew

DRWCrew Member

Aug 11, 2003
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That seems very on brand for the Crew FO.

16. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mining the list of lapsed customers for new sales is an entirely legitimate, logical and well accepted strategy.

I'm not going to go over all the reasons why you might want to check in with people who previously bought soccer tickets to see if maybe they'd be interested in doing so again. It's just too obvious.

Plus, it's just a freaking email. It's not like a carload of fo folks drove over to your house with flowers and candy. A decent IT punk can probably come up with a list of lapsed customers, generate 10,000 generic emails and still make it up the street for a lunchtime black bean burger.

I see nothing at all strange or illogical or odd about it. Well, except for the burger.

17. theshark130

theshark130 Member

columbus crew
    United States
    Jan 21, 2019
    Columbus
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just got the email. Renewals start on Friday.

18. runningoz

runningoz Member

Oct 25, 2014
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Wish they would tell us cost, how to move seats, will I ever have a sales rep again, etc...

19. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Of course but after two decades? One term used by someone with NFL sales experience was "desperate".

I'm surprised the list wasn't purged by Team Precourt.

hungariansteven repped this.
  20. Belgrano

Belgrano Member

Mar 5, 2014
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Just got an email that Nordecke STMs can pick up their Commemorative Nordecke patch at the game this Saturday in the Beer Garden.

It says you need to show your "Nordecke season ticket" to redeem. I don't remember receiving an actual card this year, am I crazy? Maybe we'll get a voucher in our account like we did for the cup ring replicas?

21. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's the way that I read it, but you can always reach out to the Manager of Supporter Relations, Ty Phillips, at supporterrelations@columbuscrew.com with questions.

CybrSlydr, Belgrano and kgilbert78 repped this.
  22. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #2122 Bill Archer, Sep 23, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
    I get the point here but respectfully disagree.

As I pointed out earlier, there's no evidence that they've dragged out a list of stm's who dropped out 20 years ago and are actively pursuing them.

Rather, they seem to have come up.with a list of old email addresses and shot them a note via gang mail. Probably took one intern 20 minutes.

They have product to sell. They have a list of.people who at one time bought some tickets. Frankly it would be stupid NOT to take a quick, cheap swing at them.

Tell your NFL guy I said he's an arrogant prick who doesn't know shit and a yapping puppy with zero brains.

As someone who has actually run serious professional level sales organizations, I'd frankly fire anyone who completely ignored the list of lapsed customers.

23. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm the world's worst salesman, but even I know that if you have a list of people who've previously bought what you're selling you should contact them.

MLSinCleveland and kgilbert78 repped this.
  24. Sagz

Sagz Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Cbus
    I just got assigned an account rep.....it must be time for them to collect money.

25. Dan Milton

Dan Milton Member

Nov 25, 1998
    If the team didn't contact former season ticket holders the team would be derelict in their duties! There were a couple of seasons that I knew there was no way I could attend enough games to make sense for me to buy season tickets. There are others who have to skip a season for the same reason! So it makes sense for the team to contact former season ticket holders!

MLSinCleveland repped this.