2021 Season Member Thread

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Pauncho, May 21, 2020.

1. runningoz

runningoz Member

Oct 25, 2014
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Logged in to see how much credit I have from this year (to help determine how much I can spend for next year) and its no longer listed. I know I checked a few weeks ago and it was still there.

2. DGA57v2

DGA57v2 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Apr 1, 2019
    I was told they took them out and will put them back online once MLS decides what the future holds. They haven't been applied to any payments. Check your credits at the end of the month.

3. runningoz

runningoz Member

Oct 25, 2014
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Well I'm in. 217 row 2

4. 110toyourleft

110toyourleft Member+

Jan 27, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Neighbors.

5. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All it showed me was that I'd be paying $300 a year more next season than this season. Which I expected.

6. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was told it would be in October or thereabouts before the final credit amounts would be known. I had a sense it could be into November.

7. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...as long as they can delay it, methinks....

8. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    During my call, I asked Clay whether there would be any home matches at Mapfre this year. He said there was nothing official but the league is hoping to play at least 1-3 matches in each market. If the Crew play at Mapfre, he thought they wouldn't sell additional tickets and would allow season ticket holders to opt out.

Also asked if the team knew whether any of the parking lot operators were planning to sell season passes for games next year or if it would be game by game. He didn't know of any planning on season deals. The parking garage at Confluence Village won't be finished when the stadium opens but he said there would likely be parking available on the CV site.

Meant to but forgot to ask what other games were included in season package. Will there be an international exhibition or USOC matches?

9. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Supposed to be a USOC game--but that's unlikely to happen now.

10. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Think about that for a second. $300 more (assume for 2 tickets) for a completely different experience. From an erector set (adorable as she may be) to a bonafide professional stadium (the best MF'ing in the league). From the fair grounds (which I never minded) to the City (which is probably the best location).

I just don't get some of these people who are so angry at the price increase and that they have been fortunate to enjoy major league sports on a minor league budget that they refuse to move to upper deck seats in new stadium. I guarantee you every single upper deck seat will be a better experience than they had in Mapfre. But whatever. I'm in and am so looking forward to it and those that chose not to spend a few extra bucks will miss out. To each their own.

11. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who's "so angry" about these prices? Lots of people can't afford to sit where they might most desire to (me among them), but the consensus I'm reading is that these prices are pretty much what people expected.

zman31 repped this.
  12. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some of the ticket reps are actually encouraging (probably not corporately supported) folks to do payment plan so that they can delay pmt until credit is sorted out and then can easily (hopefully) just credit it toward unpaid balance/installments. That's what our whole group did.

13. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go to the Crew facebook page - not here. There's a handful of them. Some of them long long time season ticket holders. Seems they feel a bit of entitlement and team should just make them a special deal for their loyalty. When others say they simply moved up to 200 level and kept pricing close to same, they scoff. I mean the one lady is an angry hornet and won't back down and acts like people are attacking her. It's the opposite actually, they want her to get to games and continue supporting the team and are just trying to help.

14. Masefan

Masefan Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jan 4, 2018
    I'm not angry but here's my beef: We are being forced to pay EPL ++$ money to support our team in the (10th?) best league in the world.

Avg. EPL ticket 32 pounds = $41.60

My Jackets tix in the upper deck first row between the circle and the blueline are $44/seat. These are the best players in the world vying for the Stanley Cup

15. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can't compare EPL ticket prices. For a myriad of reasons. But basically because their business model is completely different. Their revenue streams are far different, from TV to jersey sponsorships they make exponentially more money from those things than butts in seats. Add in the way they can generate revenue from selling players. Also other than a few of the big teams, many of them are paying in very very old stadiums that have been expanded over a long period of time. They aren't bearing the cost of stadium debt. Also consider they play far more home games a year. Chelsea for instance played 19 Premier league, 3 FA Cup, 3 EFL, 1 Community Shield, & 8 Champions League home matches in 2018-19 season. That's twice as many home games as Crew. And that doesn't even take into consideration the capacity being so much higher. Oh and they also get revenue for coming to play in and selling out our huge football stadiums in the summer - that's equivalent to 4-5 games in an MLS sized stadium - and those ticket prices certainly weren't what the local fans in England pay.

Bottom line is MLS will never be european league caliber if they continue with revenue as it has been.

16. MFRONE

MFRONE Member+

Jul 24, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Ken went from 10 rows behind the benches to the upper south seats (I know because my seats are behind his). A comparable non-premium seat in a similar location is $1400/seat, I’m paying $450 right now. Say what you want about the upgrades and whatnot, but my seat price shouldn’t be 3x the amount, it’s just ridiculous.

17. Pauncho

Pauncho Member+

Mar 2, 1999
    Bexley, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I understand the difference between a gripe and a complaint.

My gripe is that I'm paying 282% as much for seats which will be comparable except for the fact they will will have the sun in my eyes. And I don't yet know if the legroom will be as good, but I do know benches give my overweight butt all the hiproom I need, something I don't know about the new, improved seats.

What I also think is that giving casual fans the creature comforts comparable to what they get from the Blue Jackets and Reds, and the business customers lodges and club seats, is the price of the team staying in town.

So I'm whining, not complaining.

Bill Archer and crew2112 repped this.
  18. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know you, and this really isn't specifically directed at you, but how many people (who live in the Columbus Metro) are truly planning on driving to - and finding/fighting with parking - Columbus Crew SC matches once we move to the new stadium? I mean, at worst, drive to a Cota Park & Ride location and take the bus from there.

Especially when there are simultaneous events going on in the Arena district.

19. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How many EPL games you make it to last year?

This argument is horsesh*t and everyone knows it.

crewfan_in_columbus repped this.
  20. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm glad I'm not the only one completely dumbfounded by the complaints about and entitlement surrounding ticket prices. It's as if people expected to continue to pay 1999, $25 Million dollar stadium prices for seats in a brand-new, $250 Million dollar stadium. I'm literally mind-blown by this.

21. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    I may do the COTA park and ride, depending on the evening schedule and if there are trams from High street to the stadium. I'm old and overweight so I'd prefer to avoid the mile walk if possible.

I asked about season long parking so I'd know there's a spot reserved at the Hocking St lot or wherever and can avoid driving around looking for an open spot.

LaMacchia repped this.
  22. Smithsoccer1721

Smithsoccer1721 Member+

Feb 16, 2007
    Middle of the Table
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just think about this. You can get season tickets to the 2nd best soccer league in the USA for less than $250.

23. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The more I read this shit the more upset I get. Let's examine:

"Why should I pay $1500 for Cavs season tickets when I can get tickets Shenzhen Aviators tickets for $750?!"

Because you don't live in China, bro!

catfish9 and Bill Archer repped this.
  24. Crew96Fan

Crew96Fan Member+

Jul 27, 2013
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’ll entertain this just for a second.

The average ticket at Old Trafford is ~$51. For 19 home games, at 76,000 capacity, MU makes ~$75M a year on ticket sales alone. This doesn’t include the £20 per person to get a membership and be eligible to buy tickets.

The Adidas gear deal is worth ~$98M a year. MLS makes $100M a year AS A LEAGUE with Adidas.

United is set to replace Chevy with another $90M a year shirt sponsor. Even the lowest deal in the Prem is worth more than the Crew is getting with Nationwide.

Lastly, and most importantly, is the TV deal. United leads the league by making $198M a year from the leagues TV deal. West Brom at the bottom of the table makes $124M. MLS’ current deal pays the entire league $75M a year.

The point I’m making is that it is absurd to even compare the two leagues. MLS needs ticket sales. The Crew needs ticket money. The Premier League does not.

25. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States