2021 preseason general discussion

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by SiberianThunderT, Jan 14, 2021.

1. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    True, I oversimplified the lineup descriptions - MV and ML are both quite good! But the first half lineup was far more packed with recognizable names.

blissett repped this.
  2. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Washington's Governor just announced that the entire state will move up to Phase 3 on March 22 and that sporting events will be allowed up to 25% capacity, or 9,000, whichever is less. In order to remain at phase 3, a county of 50k or larger must have less than 200 per 100,000 new infections and less than 5 new hospitalizations per 100,000 over the previous 14 days.

For Pierce County, where the OL Reign play, their new infection rate is currently at 153.7 and new hospitalizations is 15..

https://www.tpchd.org/healthy-people/diseases/covid-19-pierce-county-cases/

CoachJon and Klingo3034 repped this.
  3. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    The Spirit-Pride game for this weekend has been cancelled. Per the Spirit's release, they had a number of false-positive cases earlier this week, and while thankfully false, the number of cases and the protocols everyone went into as a result were a significant enough mental and physical disruption that they didn't want to go through with the match.

4. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    The Spirit hosted Sky Blue closed-door at Audi Field today, falling 1-2 to the New Jersey club.

Klingo3034 repped this.
  5. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Any other info about this game? (Line-ups, subsitutions, and so on...).

As you can figure, I am especially interested in the possible presence of Japanese players in both teams. :giggle:

6. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Both teams Tweets out their starting lineups and subs as they happened! The Spirit also put out a new article about the game, but the article only includes the Spirit lineup and doesn't indicate when subs happened like the Twitter feeds do.

7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    That's the downside of not being on Twitter.

All the rest is the upside.

Reign Man repped this.
  8. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    You don't have to be on Twitter yourself to read public Tweets, at least! =-)

9. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yes, but I have to know they exist, so I can look for them (like I just did :p).

SiberianThunderT repped this.