2021 pre-season

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Union' started by Cherry Hill SOB, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Cherry Hill SOB

Cherry Hill SOB Member+

Aug 30, 2012
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Looking at the blog from today's home opener (loss to Orlando, 1-0). Starters include Mbiazo at RB, Fontana on top of the diamond and DeVries up top with Kasper. Ended 0-0 after the first 45 min.

Second half new team except Elliot who was paired in the back with...Oravec!? Harriel and Real to complete the back line. Brandan Craig, Cole Turner, Jack McGlynn, Paxten Aaronson; Quinn Sullivan and Union II's Shanyder Borgelin in front of that.

Sounds like the Union hit the post a few times and had some opportunities but no scores. No video that I could find but a few pics at the union website.

https://www.philadelphiaunion.com/post/2021/03/15/recap-union-generate-chances-first-friendly

cwelch999 and sentrido repped this.
  2. sentrido

sentrido Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    New Kit looks good in action.

3. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The full MLS schedule is very disappointing for a fan of an Eastern Conference Team living on the West Coast. The Union don't play West of the Mississippi once this season. Very, very disappointing. :(

4. WVUPharm2007

WVUPharm2007 Member+

Jul 24, 2011
    Montgomery Township, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I work 7 days on, 7 days off overnight Mon night - Sunday night. I'm off this week. So I went through to see which games I can go to. I can go to 5 home games out of 17. 5. 5 freaking games.

So it's a spectacular, statistical outlier of a bad schedule for me personally.

Hopefully I can take some vacation days.

5. aztec21bas

aztec21bas BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 24, 2009
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, but it’s good for us who live here!

LiverpoolFanatic repped this.