2021 National Team Thread [R]

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by Blue_nation724, Jan 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    That's exactly right. Too much focus on keeping the ball but not enough creativity or chances created.

2. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

Hope its a good game. In 2008 y'all came too arrogant. There was so much talking about how y'all were better, nowadays y'all aren't as quick to mouth off but the talent is there. Y'all have a good side but I fancy our chances unless we can't figure out our attacking options lmao.

DaniChandler repped this.
  3. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    #828 Grimmjow316, Sep 9, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
    Also stay away from “The drink”, that’s ********ed over our guys on multiple occasions.

R9Kevinr9 repped this.
  4. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I should have worded that correctly I mean his subbing choices like in game one Joshua and Dennis were a negative especially Pineda since it hasn’t been too long since returning from his knee injury so his speed wasn’t going to be present. It’s odd he didn’t really give Moreno any decent minutes until today he could have been a plus against Honduras if brought in earlier. He did get better as the games wore on though.

5. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    All i wanna add is that the US had an 18 yr old start his first Nt game and WCQ game in SPS in Pepi and he scored.

Give a chance to Reyes, Rivera, and Vazquez. Let them show what they’re made of, as we’ve seen Rivas just isn’t our answer.

Chesco United repped this.
  6. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    In the case of Bonilla he was screwed because of COVID protocols, I guess Rugamas isn’t in form and as for Fito given well his best years are behind him I see why Hugo has “closed the door” on him despite never saying it outright.

7. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

8. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

Lol, I totally agree on Fito not being part of the team. Dudes fat and washed. Just depressing how we literally don't have any strikers bruh lol.

9. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    It’s one thing that pisses me off about the local league they keep going for washed foreign players that they struggle to pay later on, instead of looking locally. Also Fito should have been phased out of Alianza also a long time ago, but since he’s a fan favorite they keep him they should have let him go to Qatar when that foot was open.

10. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Last time he played for the national team he wasn't any help either. He lost his speed. His form when he shoots for goal looks very off. If anybody remembers when he was playing against those smaller Caribbean national teams and the last Gold Cup he played in he was diving often to find fouls and constantly arguing with the ref.

Just rewatch these matches even the highlights might be enough
    upload_2021-9-9_20-26-41.png

For anyone who wants to watch even worse performance
    upload_2021-9-9_20-27-43.png

Zelaya with the last club he played abroad

11. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Bonilla just started his season and scored today. He hasn't had an outstanding season since Season 2018/2019. Hopefully he gets back into form and we could use his experience for the upcoming matches. Rugamas seem to be improving early in the qualifiers before his injury. That injury probably brought his form down a lot for Hugo not to call him back up. We do need another center back along side Zavaleta.

12. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  13. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    He hasn’t scored though, unless it’s some random friendly to which I’m not seeing anything.

14. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    DaniChandler repped this.
  15. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Christian Martinez received his Salvadoran passport. Let’s hope he makes a difference in October.

8ECE55F1-E4AE-4DB1-ADB3-45864955D7EF.jpeg

16. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Blue_nation724 repped this.
  17. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Man you should see how much the Alianza fan base still want this guy to get called up despite being way past it. Waste of a roster spot for that club.

18. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    #843 Futbol E.S. Por Vida, Sep 11, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
    Hugo even got cussed out and flicked off by "fans" at the stadium before he took the stairs to the locker rooms (Home match against Honduras). Hugo didn't get bothered he shrugged it and asked what's wrong? The fans were saying why do you still keep Darwin on the team and not bring Fito.

I think I know why he keeps Darwin and he will make mistakes. He's more of Dennis Alas and not a Ramon Sanchez. His job to mainly to intercept, pass quickly, defend, but not possession and not to hold the ball long. Which explains the screw ups like Dennis use to make but made the risky interceptions.

Which is why I rather have the two CM options since they're playing more of a possession style of play but I like the option of Punyed and Martinez having the skill to shoot from long distance. Orellana has potential he seems he can switch between the intercepting style and the retaining and maintaining the ball style CDM.

Hugo didn't lie he did say his style of play will be risky but it's necessary if they want to get some results in. So we're going to win and lose some.

What does bug me is we can't find a freekick expert. Larin just wants to blast every freekick he gets. Punyed seems like a good enough freekicker. No one near as good as Cheyo or better on this current national team so far.

19. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Think Larin has shown his free kicks were above average. Mayen was the FK taker for us but he isn’t being called up.

20. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    When was the last time we had a naturalizado play for ES? William Reyes and Shawn Martin?

Seems like we’ve had a few foreigners in the past that have wanted to represent ES, but never materialised; Bladimir Diaz, Paolo Suarez, Clayvin Zuniga and Facundo Simioli from the top of my head.

841F2EA3-2438-43F3-9093-18B3D433513B.jpeg

21. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    #846 Futbol E.S. Por Vida, Sep 12, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
    We tend to lose them when they get offers to play outside the country (everyone on your list except William Reyes and Shawn Martin) or they just past their prime (William Reyes). Shawn Martin had potential and was still really young, but if I remember correctly in a match with Trinidad & Tabago for the WCQ ruined his career with the injury he received in that match.

If he really wants to play for El Salvador and Hugo thinks he can help. I say why not? He's been playing from 2nd division in El Salvador a while now and now 1st division, he's not new to the country. The only problem is he's only been in the country for 2 years, nearly 3 years. I think he needs to be in the country for 5 years and he can't leave the country.

La Trucha repped this.
  22. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    So many forgotten players we once hyped up as the next best thing. I'd add Oscar Sorto and Junior Flores to this list too.

23. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

24. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Damn, that just made the OCT games that much harder.

25. Boltzmann1.38064852

Boltzmann1.38064852 New Member

El Salvador
    Sep 14, 2021
    Anyone going to the game in Audi Field against Guate on the 24th? I checked on ticketmaster and no tickets yet. Game is in less then two weeks hopefully it doesn't get cancelled.