2021- K.Furuhashi | 2022- R.Hatate | T. Iwata 2023 | D.Maeda | 2023- Y.Kobayashi @ Celtic F.C. (SCO)

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by SamuraiBlue2002, Jul 15, 2021.

1. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Samurai Warrior repped this.
  2. HTCONEM8

HTCONEM8 Member+

AC Milan
    May 16, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I hope he would have the same impact as the legendary Nakamura. Very excited for this news.

3. mushu21_2

mushu21_2 Member

Manchester United
    Vietnam
    Sep 1, 2018
    o_O
    Surprising news.
    The new Celtic coach may be quite fond of Japanese players.

4. HTCONEM8

HTCONEM8 Member+

AC Milan
    May 16, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I guess during his tenure at Marinos, he liked what he saw in Furuhashi.

5. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    I am excited to see Celtic with another Japanese player. There's been loads of speculations that Postecoglou will bring some players that had caught his eye during his stay in Japan, and here's the first one.

It must be noted that the media had no idea that negotiations were ongoing, which is not true when Celtic go for transfers in Europe. It takes a lot of time, and transfer bids often result in failure.

6. mushu21_2

mushu21_2 Member

Manchester United
    Vietnam
    Sep 1, 2018
    I checked and there were rumors that Postecoglou tried to get Mitoma or Ao Tanaka before they were official signed by other teams.
    Who knows, may be he's still interested and for next few years he would build an exciting Japanese-inspired team in Europe.

Samurai Warrior and seolseol repped this.
  7. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    With Mitoma signed by Brighton and loaned to Belgium for one season, he probably can join Celtic on-loan after his journey in Belgium, as Scotland has less strict work permit process than England.

If Mitoma does well at Celtic, he can be either sold permanently to Celtic or any other club for top European leagues (perhaps a top 10 English Premier League team) for more than 10 million GBP.

This can be a really smart investment by Brighton to acquire the services of a player and then get more than double of the money they paid for him in the space of 2-3 years without the need of having the player playing for them.

8. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I hope Celtic manages to get into some european competition, otherwise this transfer will be a borefest.

9. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    In the last years Celtic has always been first or second, which allows it to enter the CL in the third respectively second qualifying round stage.

10. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I know, they haven't really made it to the Champions League in a good while though so I just want them to get into the Europa League rounds (hopefully also while doing a bit better than last year...)

seolseol and Testator repped this.
  11. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Kyogo Furihashi is in the first match-day squad for Celtic vs. Hearts.

He is named among the substitutes, and may come off the bench tonight and make his debut.

12. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Starts now in the EL qualifiers!

13. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Just scored

Whispered11 and seolseol repped this.
  14. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    He's a champ, no doubts.

Samurai Warrior, Testator and seolseol repped this.
  15. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    Positive reviews all around. Our main striker has been so disinterested for about 2 years, but Kyogo is trying much harder, and has the focus needed to contribute. Considering his versatility, swapping positions with the other front two would also be an option. They are all winger-capable.

I apologize for him having to play with defenders that are the worst in Scotland. I'm praying the manager signs Yuta Nakayama. We need a LB and RB.

16. Drew1404

Drew1404 Member

Aug 25, 2014
    That's so funny I was just thinking today what a good signing nakayama would be for Celtic, the guy was really impressive in the Olympics, super solid.

Great debut for Kyogo, the goal was a touch of class, he is a real finisher. He impressed when he was out on the wing briefly in the second half, I think that's his most productive position, he goes past people so easily. Should be sn exciting season, won't be surprised if he manages double figures.

seolseol and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  17. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    We will need him, Abada and Forrest all in double figures, plus a midfielder, considering the amount of goals we are likely to concede.

Speaking of Japanese players, I was raging when we signed Joe Hart, instead of trying Kosei Tani. He definitely impressed me with his reactions to crosses.
    Also, we have a very young defense. Maya Yoshida handled Chris Wood. If he can do that, then Scottish football would be a cakewalk. Yes, we are on the hunt for a CB, too.

18. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

his goal

19. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    #19 Testator, Aug 8, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
    And, another one. Had a bad miss earlier in the game, but then a good ball steal, and now, a goal.

EDIT: And a few minutes later, here's a second for Kyogo. Celtic shirts sale in Japan better explode!

Drew1404 and YakYak repped this.
  20. HTCONEM8

HTCONEM8 Member+

AC Milan
    May 16, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Will he be the Japanese striker we've been looking for?

Anyways, I'm really happy that he's doing well with Celtic and at this rate he will be a contender for top scorer in the Scottish league, no doubt.

Drew1404 repped this.
  21. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    I'd say yes!! His work rate is insane, and his movement off the ball in general very good.

His only limitation is physical strength, so he can't hold the ball up. But tactics that avoid the concept can be set up.

HTCONEM8 repped this.
  22. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  23. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    Kyogo-san!

And in the 67th minute, too.

Drew1404 and seolseol repped this.
  24. HTCONEM8

HTCONEM8 Member+

AC Milan
    May 16, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    What a match for him! Congrats.

Drew1404, Whispered11, seolseol and 2 others repped this.
  25. Drew1404

Drew1404 Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Watched the match, incredible performance from Kyogo, hattrick on his home debut, could have had even more!! Watching the reaction post match, the fans are in heaven about this guy, Celtic had a torrid season last year and he is a beacon of light for them. A lot of them are comparing him to the great legend Henrik Larrson, in terms of his movement. There can be no bigger compliment.

So pleased for him!