News: 2021 In-Season Catch-All Thread

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by JasonMa, Apr 16, 2021.

1. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    JasonMa repped this.
  2. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
  3. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    AlbertCamus and COMtnGuy repped this.
  4. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rapids announced they're returning to full capacity starting with the 4th of July game, which is our next home game after Saturday.

COMtnGuy repped this.
  5. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    Email from ticket rep stated that season ticket holders will be returning to their regular seats for the July 4th match and there will communication later next week, I presume about payment plans.

JasonMa repped this.
  6. TheWarmBurger

TheWarmBurger Member+

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Aug 7, 2018
    Arizona
    Not gonna lie…Altidore would fit really nicely into our system….this report and others hint that Jozy and Toronto aren’t exactly in good terms right now.

When healthy, dudes a monster on the pitch. When not healthy, we have capable backups in Rubio and Shinyashiki.

Just putting it out there!

AlbertCamus repped this.
  7. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Full capacity! Awesome.

Altidore! Awesome. I always thought he's blamed for too much when the Nats disappoint.

8. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, I haven't liked Jozy'a attitude since he returned to MLS. We don't need an over-30 oft-injured striker who may or may not fit in the locker room.

SccrDon, COMtnGuy and TheWarmBurger repped this.
  9. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like Jozy, but he was never big on pressing the ball and thus no way the Rapids will touch him.

AlbertCamus and JasonMa repped this.
  10. TheWarmBurger

TheWarmBurger Member+

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Aug 7, 2018
    Arizona
    No, that’s fair.

But we said the similar things about Kei and I would take a healthy Jozy (who’s only 31, three years younger than when we brought in Kei) over a healthy Kei any day of the week.

We desperately need a striker who can score consistently. Jozy, with his potential baggage, has proven to be a guy with a nose for goal.

AlbertCamus repped this.
  11. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    TheWarmBurger repped this.
  12. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder

COMtnGuy and TheWarmBurger repped this.
  13. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    AlbertCamus repped this.
  14. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FSL plays at home the night before and then plays @ Vancouver, who is currently playing their home games in Sandy, 3 days later. Probably the easiest time for Pablo to come over the mountains to be honored between games.

At least we're not doing it during the Rocky Mountain Cup match.

COMtnGuy repped this.
  15. TheWarmBurger

TheWarmBurger Member+

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Aug 7, 2018
    Arizona
    Got caught with their hand in the cookie jar, and are now facing some pretty big ramifications:

Furthermore Mr Paul McDonough has been “let go” from Atlanta

Paul was a part of Atlanta’s trophy run, before leaving to join Miami. He returned to Atlanta this year - probably hoping to not get caught.

Paranoid Coyote repped this.
  16. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    Agree. I doubt if Fraser and Pádraig would bring in a #9 who doesn't fit with being the point on the high press and doing so relentlessly.

Now this doesn't mean that I feel the Rapids should stand pat and leave the #9 for the rest of the season. IIRC, @JasonMa has intel that the Rapids have someone in line with TAM money. I am wondering if Pádraig has a player or two in mind for the summer window?

17. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sadly you remember incorrectly. I have no intel on signings at this point.

18. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no Shirt sponsor, I doubt we bring anyone "significant" in this season.

19. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
  20. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    therapidsnumbernine and JasonMa repped this.
  21. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
  22. TheWarmBurger

TheWarmBurger Member+

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Aug 7, 2018
    Arizona
    Don’t know if anyone watched the USMNT ha Honduras tonight…Acosta didn’t start but Yueill did at the CM position.

However, Yueill didn’t look very good out there. Gave away possession several times, had questionable defensive positioning, etc. Acosta subbed in around the 80th minute or so, and immediately shored up on the defensive side of the ball. His impact was felt right away, and his pressure ultimately helped lead to the games only goal.

If he keeps playing like that for the US and for the Rapids, I imagine we will be missing him more often on international duty. The position of defensive midfielder is wide open in the US pool, and it’s his job to win right now

23. SccrDon

SccrDon Member+

Dec 4, 2001
    Colorado Springs
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was good to see Kellyn playing for USMNT last night, and he did fine. Yeuill was poor.

The DM position is not wide open - Tyler Adams will play any match where he's healthy, and deservedly so. But Kellyn may be the best backup we have there.

COMtnGuy and TheWarmBurger repped this.
  24. TheWarmBurger

TheWarmBurger Member+

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Aug 7, 2018
    Arizona
    I think that's the problem though. Since transferring to Leipzig in 2019 he's got 51 apps in 68 games with a couple of injury stints in there.

Since 2016 with the full Nats, Acosta has 29 apps for the US, compared to Adams 12 with the full Nats since 2017.

Sure, when Adams when healthy is great. But I think he's going down the Jozy route....that "when healthy" window isn't always consistent. I think Yueill is playing himself out of the conversation, and Acosta can win it from Adams with Adams' health issues. Kellyn has really been turning things around for his career since joining the Rapids. And at 25, he's still got a lot of room for growth too.