2021 DFL-Supercup: Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern München

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by BVBFNM, Aug 16, 2021.

1. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Once more Reus saves us with a great goal

2. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Passlack actually created that goal with a great header back to Bellingham who laid it off.

astrophyz repped this.
  3. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    youd figure we have a couple more chances in us and one of those will fall to Haaland who doesnt miss often.

4. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Akanji with a horrible mistake. I mean my god you cant do that there.

5. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    And my God, Nagelsman is a freaking ass hat.. I hate the freaking turd already.
    He acts like a total douche on the sidelines.

BvB_Peon repped this.
  6. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Akanji gives the ball on a platter to Lewandowski and that is game, set and match....

7. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Our CBs with a brainfart but it's more on Akanji, of course. Witsel kept Lewa onside but I suppose he didn't expect this bs to happen.

8. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    When I watch him play with his National team I am always impressed but we us he keeps making stupid mistakes at the worse time...

9. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Anyway, I'd much rather we beat Bayern when it really genuinely truly matters. I'm tired of occasionally beating them for this meaningless trophy.

10. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    LOL I love Haaland. You can tell he absolutely hates Bayern. I just dont see him playing there.

11. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    I agree but I kind of feel like Eagle, we dont have the wings to handle them and we lack the pace to take it to them.

Id almost rather we try and slow them down with a more plodding style but Im not sure we have the defense to do that either. We are in a quandry.

12. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    How is that not a penalty, I swear I hate watching Bayern.

13. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Another Lost to Bayern.... What's new?

14. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Result is secondary, the way we conceded goals is important to address. Some of the mistakes are hard to excuse for pro players on this level but if Akanji, for instance, never repeats such a bad pass, I'm ok with that.
    But it was good to see that we can cause some trouble. Less mistakes, more chemistry and luck up front and it's way closer. I think the duels against Bayern could get ugly this season because of the way they play and act.

Dahoud could have had a couple of assists simply due to his passing and fast mind. Moukoko has the right mind as well and had good ideas but wasn't lucky. He needs to get eased into the team but there's no doubt the club intends to do that.

astrophyz repped this.
  15. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    The ref was awful btw. Not necessarily biased for one side but just not good for such a heated game. When he started with the yellow cards early in the game, I knew he was afraid to lose control.

16. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Sounds like a broken record, year after year; same result same takeaway, but we never seem to progress....

Akanji did many of those last year, I doubt it's his last one...

BVBFNM repped this.
  17. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Not to bothered with the sloppiness of the match. It's still very early in the season and the teams are not fit. It was also incredibly intense.

However, this match has confirmed a few things.

Haaland, Reus and Dahoud are by far our best players and would star in any team. Quality players.

Akanji despite the mistake is a very good player and can easily play at this level
    Kobel seems good at this point.
    Schulz can cope defensively, but not great going forward at this level. A good back up.
    Moukoko is already class and can cope at this level.

Now the negatives

Passlack is terrible and just CANNOT play against top teams. I like him, he seems good in the dressing room, but we can't play him against any top 4 team let alone CL last 16 team.

Reyna and Bellingham are not ready to play at this level. Bellingham has it physically, but not good enough technically. They worked hard, but didn't do their jobs and left Dahoud having to do everything himself with help from Reus.

This is going to anger some people, but it confirms Malen was a poor signing. I am not sure he is better than Moukoko and gives us nothing Moukoko doesn't give us. I think Moukoko will be the better player even this season.

Haaland was furious with the loss and he won't put up with as just making up the numbers.

So in conclusion we have some excellent players genuinely some of the best players in the world, but we need 3 things to win big trophies.

1. Brandt to be great and take the place of either Reyna or Bellingham.
    2. We MUST sign a quality winger to give us the option of going 4-2-3-1.
    3. We need to hope Meunier has a fantastic season, Can does great at RB or sign a new RB.

Without those things we are not going to win the league and certainly won't get past the last 16.

As brilliant as Reus is, there will be moments when his form dips and there is nobody else to carry the creative burden. So the board can show some ambition and buy that winger or waste Haalands last year and look stupid for not selling him for 150million plus.

astrophyz, BVBFNM and hava repped this.
  18. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Unfortunately the board have made it clear that they are happy with being a feeder club that turns a profit regardless of sporting success.

19. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I'm pretty sure we won't see another star winger signing that could improve the team immediately. It'll only be Malen. Besides the mentioned Reinier, I think one of the reasons for that is to not block the progress of Knauff and Moukoko. There is no doubt about Moukoko's potential but I'd say this is also the season for Knauff to show that he can help this team consistently.

20. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    A winger has nothing to do with blocking Moukoko's path. Malen already does that this year.

A winger should have been brought brought simply give us options and extra creativity.

I actually do think Reinier has a lot of potential though.

As things stand we haven't got the team team go up against the top teams ie Liverpool, Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea, PSG, Madrid, Barcs and Atletico. Possibly Juventus too.

Worse if Reus goes down or drops in form we will drop a lot of points.

21. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I wouldn't be too hard on Akanji. We were pushing for an equaliser it is early in the season and he lacked options. I would love to hear what Rose said about the match.

Reyna and Bellingham didn't give the defence of Dahoud enough options all match. Dahoud did incredible considering Muller was also man marking him.

22. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    One thing is clear, we desperately need a RB.

Passlack simply won't cut it against the likes of Bayern, and neither will Meunier for that matter.

astrophyz repped this.
  23. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    First thing, the loss has one small advantage: Let Bayern think that they are much better than us.

Look at the big picture: I don't think we played with this intensity and belief with Favre. It's a much better improvement.

I think all the players played to their potential. I agree with @eaglespark that Reus, Haland and Dahoud are our best players (and Rapha too in general,) and that this season will depend on 2 things: Brandt playing the best season of his life so far, and having a RB that can contribute on offense.

A little more chemistry between the players and we'll be in good shape. I'm excited about this season.

hava repped this.
  24. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Minor points in random order:
    - I'm happy that Passlack created that goal. I feel he gives his most, and I'm glad he had a positive impact despite him not being up to the right level.
    - It makes zero sense to criticize Akanji for that mistake. He had a great game, and is very important in playing from the back, and distributing. He's come back from summer looking very good, and I think he'll have a great season.
    - Reyna I thought played very well. He's VERY mature for his age, and very smart too. But let's not expect more from him than he can give.
    - We came close on many occasions. Like 3, 4 or 5 times.
    - That Dahoud pass to Haland!
    - That fighting spirit displayed by Haland and Reus!
    - Too early to judge Malen. I'm still very hopeful for what he'll bring.

25. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I agree about Malen. He was signed right before the start of the season.

On another note, the last few times we won the Supercup we finished the season empty-handed. It's like winning it has this weird effect on the team where they take the rest of the season for granted.

astrophyz repped this.