2021 CONCACAF Gold Cup: Mexico vs Trinidad and Tobago; July 10, 2021

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Philip J. Fry, Jul 8, 2021.

1. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    Agreed, if this continues I hope this leads to a ban of Mexico from tournaments, World Cup included.

2. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    If this is what it takes for even a fraction of people to obtain some actual self reflection about this, I would also be okay with it.

Just to add to my previous post: there is absolutely no contradiction occurring. There are a variety of issues, all of which need to be dealt with. A more severe punishment for one over the other doesn’t vindicate anyone. It is really not as complicated as some of you are attempting to make it, and no one is being treated ‘unfairly’ for being an oppressor.

El Verde, Kaney and Sanchito repped this.
  3. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    I also think we shouldn't assume that just because someone is calling out the blatant hypocrisy of FIFA it means that the person is trying to excuse Mexico's bad behaviour.

El Verde, la fresa and Kaney repped this.
  4. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    They aren't going to learn anything unlesss they kick them out of games. Mexico out of the world cup is going to really hurt fans but more importantly the players all for people who are going to do the chant on January 1st, 2023. Raul Jimenez, Tecatito and Corona will miss their prime and maybe last opportunity to play a WC for the guys who are all " down with the FMF". Maybe they should go hard after clubs because for some reason, those guys care about their clubs, the one where those corrupt owners make most of their money.

5. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    While it would be impossible to identify everyone doing it, banning some may help as it may make some think before. I don’t think reasoning and expecting the bulb to come on is going to happen.

beat junky and Serg33 repped this.
  6. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Just have the NT start playing in empty stadiums. Problem solved. No more grito and no more idiots signing Cielito Lindo five into the damn game

Everyone wins. Except of course SUM, FMF, and CONCACAF. But fuck them!

7. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    Can't play in empty stadiums at the WC though

8. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    That’s my point about go after fans specifically. These fools don’t care if it costs the team points or the wc. Just do away with them. Lifetime bans until it stops.

beat junky repped this.
  9. LAFEFUT

LAFEFUT Member+

Mexico
    Mar 13, 2018
    I am undoubtedly against the chant and I have not read any comments from people that favor it.

There are 2/3 issues being conflated - FMF, the chant and SUM/CONCACAF/FMF greed.

A person can’t go into a place of business and start yelling insults to other patrons, the employees or business just because 1) You are the paying customer and feel entitled 2) You believe and try to argue/rationalize that what you are doing is ok because the owner of the business is making money.

Unfortunately all fans are categorized as one.

10. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    INB4 Caramelo gets a lifetime ban.

DGreat repped this.
  11. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Go to Twitter, to almost every post from @miseleccionmx. It's filled with replies of people for the chant and "protesting".

12. LAFEFUT

LAFEFUT Member+

Mexico
    Mar 13, 2018
    Guess I meant comments on here. It is not a good image regardless of what other countries/fanbases are or aren’t doing.

13. Mr. P Mosh

Mr. P Mosh Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Monterrey, NL, Mex
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Did they do it at Russia though? It's easier to identify them there

14. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    Playing in front of no fans at a friendly or qualifier is easier to pull off. If they aren't banned from the WC how can they play in front of zero fans? Now you're punishing the other team that has nothing to do with stupid fans and their stupid chant.

Sanchito repped this.
  15. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    If I remember correctly, at the 2017 Confederations Cup and 2018 World Cup they would kick out people. The chant was pretty nonexistent throughout those tournaments

Mr. P Mosh repped this.
  16. Mr. P Mosh

Mr. P Mosh Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Monterrey, NL, Mex
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I don't mind them playing with no fans at the WCQ, what I meant in that in the Fifa tournies they didn't do it since most of the fans are identified. Of course I don't expect Concacaf or the FMF to pull off something like that (easier done at Monterrey or Tigres games since many fans are abonados) but I don't see the chant being a problem at the next WC.

17. LAFEFUT

LAFEFUT Member+

Mexico
    Mar 13, 2018
    #317 LAFEFUT, Jul 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
    The last part of your comment is exactly what I agree with. I do not do it, have never done it and think it’s ridiculous that we have to a stance on something so basic- a sense of decency. To top it off, the media says that fans who see other fans doing it should tell them to stop. We will see how that goes. I guarantee you that a sane fan, with their friends or family, is not going to go up to a complete set of strangers (other grown a5$ folks) and risk getting into an altercation/getting hurt after telling them to stop just so that the greedy money makers can keep in making more money. The greedy money makers, the fk-ing Mexican media vultures/hyenas all want the innocent fans to do their dirty work. People have the option of not going to these matches. Wash/rinse/repeat.