2021 CONCACAF Gold Cup Final - USA vs Mexico, August 1st, 2021

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Regulus Tera, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    Piojo won a gold cup and got canned...

2. nicamex1935

nicamex1935 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You actually probably do need someone with tactical acumen to help mask Mexico’s weaknesses at the back.

Tokyo has been very encouraging and that more than offsets the issues in this gold cup for me. It also doesn’t mean I’m willing to crown Lozano and dump Tata. We’ll see what happens in qualifiers when Mex have players like Lozano and Raul back.

Serg33 repped this.
  3. erdons

erdons Member

May 1, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Maybe the fact that we literally do not score goals.

El Chanclas and Serg33 repped this.
  4. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    This. I don't think Tata will be fired and maybe he will get his head out of his #$$ after this disaster although I have my doubts. But to act like this isn't a huge failure and a huge hit on the rivalry is BS. If the shoe was in the other side, it would be the biggest comedy. As I said losing to the Nations League wasn't as bad a thing when analyzed but this is huge especially because of what Tata did. Even as a cup, I don't know if people even knew or cared about the Nations League up until the Iceland friendly but Tata went trying to win this Cup to get prestige back and the stupid World Cup seed that is not never going to happen and we really now took nothing valuable from this.

5. Athazagoraphobia

Jul 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Might have something to do with him wanting to beat up a reporter.

SGuerrilla and erdons repped this.
  6. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I’m sure he won’t get a sniff but Almada imo has proven to be a very good coach that works well with young players.

LGRod and Philip J. Fry repped this.
  7. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    Are we at risk of not qualifying?

No

We lost a cash grab molero tournament

Fire him!!!

LGRod, Romario'sgurl and nicamex1935 repped this.
  8. nicamex1935

nicamex1935 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It’s undoubtedly a failure. It also doesn’t really mean much.

9. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    So....nothing to do with on field shit...

LGRod and El Pipiripau repped this.
  10. SGuerrilla

SGuerrilla Member+

Sep 8, 2014
    en la cueva
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    No they didnt wtf are you talking about. They bunkered down for 120 minutes.

11. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    Thank you! Damn

12. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Yes because jobs are important. It wasn't the U23 tournament but the job to get a team that on paper was overly superior but didn't make it out of the group stage and played like shit. Just like Tata Martino decision with the Senior NT doesn't mean that Mexican football is dead but that the senior NT has just created a crisis and is doing bad.

13. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    I haven't watched today's game yet, but I don't think I have to. He has had a horrible 2021.

14. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    tbh lozano seems to have the olympic team playing in a way many have always wanted for a long time to utilize our strength - fearlessly offensive. I'm not sure how it would translate to the senior level but its a breathe of fresh air for sure. I don't expect Tata to be let go but I have very little faith of anything occurring well at the WC.

15. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    Are we at risk of not qualifying?

LGRod repped this.
  16. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Dumbest shit I’ve read yet.

Sanchito and Serg33 repped this.
  17. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    Fans are the problem

Obviously

18. nicamex1935

nicamex1935 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I get pointing this out comes off as sour apples to some in hindsight after a loss tonight but this really is a shameful once every two year circus we partake in. It does nothing for us. We don’t even have the confed cup berth to help give it some relevance anymore.

It’s fine for the yanks to be excited. They have a nice crop of players abroad and tonight they played like a traditional USA side. I think it’s actually more difficult for Mexico when the US plays like this regardless of which players they’re fielding than the way they played in the nations league.

Serg33 repped this.
  19. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    True but that’s not what lost the game. Not getting the calls played a huge part and we didn’t put away chances. They went 115 minutes without conceding and lost two cbs to injury.

SGuerrilla repped this.
  20. erdons

erdons Member

May 1, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    We’re going to play an octagonal with like 2 days rest between games traveling down to Central America and back etc, this is not going to be an easy qualification, don’t be shocked if this is 2013 all over again.

SGuerrilla repped this.
  21. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    You guys....Man City places country over club

When will Mexico learn!

Sanchito and LGRod repped this.
  22. Special_talent23

Real Sociedad
    Mexico
    Mar 26, 2017
    En Inglaterra trabajan grandiosamente a sus juveniles.

SGuerrilla repped this.
  23. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    2013? No

A cake walk? No

We'll be in Qatar next summer? Yes

LGRod and El Pipiripau repped this.
  24. wolfpupz

wolfpupz Member+

Jan 24, 2011
    SJCA
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He got fired for the reporter shit but that team played like shit too… remember that Panama semifinal

25. LAFEFUT

LAFEFUT Member+

Mexico
    Mar 13, 2018
    El Chicharo no tiene ningún partido a nivel de selección donde uno pueda decir que se hecho el equipo al hombro. Hay muchos aquí que lo defienden y verás en unos instantes.

Un 9 de ya casi 34 años no es la solución. Podrá ser convocado y meterá un gol aquí o allá pero el problema o solución no es un solo jugador. El problema es el desarrollo del fútbol mexicano. No creo que esto cambie. Los TUDN, los Aztecas, los Televisa saben cómo manipular al paisano mexicano radicando en los EEUU y bajarle la lana del los boletos (no importa el precio), hacerlo comprarse la camiseta de la selección (o club) o hacerlos “fíeles” a su equipo

wolfpupz repped this.