2021/25 Takehiro Tomiyasu @ Arsenal FC (ENG)

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by Samurai Warrior, Aug 31, 2021.

1. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Oh F**K..

2. morimotomania93

Japan
    Jan 22, 2019
    Tomiyasu may return from injury tomorrow against Liverpool or Sunday against Aston Villa. The list of Moriyasu will be known tomorrow, I wonder if he will be in the team.

3. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Arsenal now 4th in the league. They need just to keep the momentum and not waste points especially against Tottenham, West Ham, and Manchester United to secure the UCL spot.

Yamato Damashii repped this.
  4. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Cant see him on Arsenals tour. Is he injured as usual?

5. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Bench player this season?

6. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    First PL start of the if the season against Liverpool and first time starting as Left Back for Arsenal.

Put in a more than impressive performance as he kept Mo Salah quiet and post some solid stats.

Arsenal fans are praising him all over the net.

7. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    Great assist today in Arsenals 1-0 win over Eindhoven.

Yamato Damashii and seolseol repped this.
  8. dlsn3y

dlsn3y Member

May 23, 2016
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Concerning injury for Tomiyasu and in jeopardy to maybe miss the World Cup. Hamstring injury today in Europa league. Not sure of the seriousness but was subbed off 15 mins after coming on.

9. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    Sounds not serious, only a muscular issue, Arsenal said. Of course they have to check up what it is particular. But Tomiyasu could walk himself and the Coach said, he only subbed him cause he dont want to take a risk.

10. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    Some sources say its only a "knock" and you have to look from day to day.

11. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Jesus.... Tomi, you cant do shit like this if you want to be a first time player......

12. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    And second goal touches him too

Lets see if he starts next game

13. Yamato Damashii

Urawa Red Diamonds
    Japan
    Jun 17, 2015
    Australia
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Tomi had a bad game, cost them the first goal. Arteta will drop him for the next game I think.

14. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yes. Worst scenario for him. Getting a start. In the biggest game. And fck up

15. HTCONEM8

HTCONEM8 Member+

AC Milan
    May 16, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    His worst game in Arsenal jersey.

16. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    No worries. Tomiyasu played till now a outstanding season with almost no mistakes.

Of course today his mistake was horrible but even this mistake didnt cost Arsenal the win, cause Arsenal equalize after it and appart from this Arsenal and Tomy played very very solid today.

Tomiyasu has the unluck that he was injured at the beginning of the season and from the start Arsenal played a awesome season so there was no need to change the team. But he is ver close to the first 11 and gets always his minutes.

Maybe today was his first real mistake ever in the Arsenal Jersey? Appart from that he played to 90% very very good.

17. mushu21_2

mushu21_2 Member

Manchester United
    Vietnam
    Sep 1, 2018
    If Arsenal can't not win this year, this mistake may cost Moriyasu his career.
    I don't know whether the hype got into his mind or he lacked match fitness, but his play was coming careless and lacking awareness.

Just don't turn into Yoshida 2.0

18. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Tomiyasu not Moriyasu...
    In the end Gabriel screwed up, gifting City the ball and then getting dragged out of position on top of it. Othewrise Arsenal could've tied it.
    Zinchenko also gifted City a chance they should've taken.
    So while Tomiyasu did make a mistake, they can't pin this all on him. Limiting City to that one goal until the Garbriel mistake actually wasn't bad. Almost had an assist as well.

19. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    Tomiyasu played like a monster this year, even better then last season.

Of course a mistake like that shouldnt happen but when a player can afford a mistake like this, then its Tomiyasu.

To fear that he become a Yoshida 2.0 is a little to hard :).

He has till now a great career, nothing is over.

20. dlsn3y

dlsn3y Member

May 23, 2016
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Dont mean to be rude mate and this is coming from a Arsenal fan but Tomiyasu has been poor this season in a very good Arsenal team. He was a rock in his first season but his second season has been nothing short of poor. Unlucky with injuries but you cant say he has played like a monster this year.... He has been poor if you have watched the games he has played in.

seolseol repped this.
  21. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He always thinks JPA plays like monsters.
    First season yes, this season is just bleeh.

22. mushu21_2

mushu21_2 Member

Manchester United
    Vietnam
    Sep 1, 2018
    Ah yeah my bad, couldn't edit it.
    The point is: his mistake leaded to the goal, and that all the fans and the media will remember.
    Similar to Gerrard's famous slip against Chelsea, people just don't remember how well he played this season, they just remember and blame him for the lost.

seolseol repped this.
  23. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    #73 NaohiroTakahara, Feb 16, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2023
    I watch the games and the ratings said he hast been a monster this season. He gets overall better ratings then Ben White and Zinchenko which are one of the best LBS/RBS from momentum when you are Place 1 the hole season (place 2 since yesterday).

Guys you totaly get me wrong. I really like you all and this forum and never want to make stress or be rude.

My stuff is always very very neutral and based on pure facts.Very less wrote my personal thoughts here.I use always professionell ratings and thats all. Tomiyasu get praised like a alien this season and I See him playing too. He is very good. For example vs ManU, Manchester City in the other cup game and vs Eindhoven he was called the best defener on Arsenal side.

And even the Coach said, he gets a step up since last season.

And @seolseol, yes I think often JPA plays like Monsters cause they play like monsters.

Kamada, Endo, Doan, Itakura were all named as one of the best in the Bundesliga on their positions. Which means they are monsters.
    A Kubo is overhelmed praised, a Mitoma ia ranked as the 17th best player from all in the hole Premiere League. Thats all Monster stuff.
    A Sugawara is named as Maybe the best RB for now at the dutch league. Monster Stuff!!!
    A Morita is outstanding for Lissabon. Monster Stuff.
    And so on. Its not from nowhere.

Testator repped this.
  24. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    The feck?
    If Arsenal does not win Premier League it will be Tomiyasu's fault? LOL. A fullback that decide who would win the most important league in the world.

Anyway Tomi did bad in WC too. Probably he's done for at high levels but he's fine for a lot of Premier clubs and lower.

25. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    #75 NaohiroTakahara, Feb 16, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2023
    Tomiyasu is 24 , nothing is over and like I said, he has better ratings then White and Zinchenko this season. He played a good season with one totaly worse game for now. Takehiro even has better ratings then Walker from Man City.

And Tomy played a solid World Cup. He was one of the keys against Germany in the second half, was a rock in defense. After the game the comentators told that Tomys sub was a masterpiece. Was also very very solid against Croatia.
    By the way Tomiyasu was listed after Doan and Ito, Endo as the best player for Japan.

Testator repped this.