2021/22 Sporting CP Transfer Signings/Rumours/Dealings

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, May 17, 2021.

1. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    As is everyone else we loaned out, until their contract runs out haha

2. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Abola saying Sporting going to FIFA to get their rightful money owed via Inter for circumventing the anti-rival clause for J. Mario. The Osasuna case should provide plenty of precedent.

OndaVerde and SCP21 repped this.
  3. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Yeah hopefully that helps back our case. Another 30 millon for Joao Mario would be nice :whistling:

4. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Miracles do happen! Tiago Ilori looks set to join Boavista on loan for the season.

I doubt they would pay any of his ridiculous salary - this guy has a contract until 2024 and I have little doubt he's gonna enjoy his pay cheque up until then.

5. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Looks like Rafael Camacho is another who looks set to be loaned to the Eredivisie, joining a club called Cambuur.

6. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    It looks like another headache is about to be resolved. Diaby, who still had 2 years left on his contract, costing the club with tax about 2 mill a year, is set to rescind with us and join Al Jazira. If I'm not mistaken, our former coach Marcel Keizer is coaching there.

7. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    #207 fdasilva, Aug 23, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
    Official: Diaby released from his contract with us (for another 2 years) and signs with Al Jazira, linking up with former SCP coach Marcel Keizer - we save 4 million in salaries over next 2 years with this at least:

At least we've resolved most of the cases, mostly we've loaned guys, with the exception of selling Misic for 2 million, Rosier for 4M (although we never saw any confirmation), and of course Max for 4.5M (potentially 5M).

Still have the following to resolve after loaning the likes of Ilori to Boavista, Battaglia to Mallorca, etc:

Idrissa Doumbia
    Renan
    Matheus Oliveira
    Camacho
    Sporar
    Luiz Phellype

8. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Official: João Virginia joins on loan from Everton to be our backup GK

9. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Another player set to be loaned out. Rafael Camacho is set to join Belenenses SAD on loan

10. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Maybe they can give us that young stud forward they have. Alioune Ndour

11. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    So nobody getting sold or bought huh. That's a bit disappointing. We're going to rely on Paulinho and TT while we're in multiple cup competitions. Surely, that is going to backfire on Varandas and Amorim. I don't get it, but whatever.

12. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Still have a day left, but it's verrrry quiet. I thought maybe Man City would go for Nuno Mendes after Mendy got arrested, but there's been no rumours at all.

We just don't have any more money to spend, so I'm not against going with this group of players and not losing anyone else. We did add depth, particularly with Vinagre, Esgaio and Ugarte who are really solid rotation options.

Luckily we have a manager that isn't afraid to use the youth, we seem to have finally a plan with the youth academy, and I'm pretty sure that if there isn't a valid option or money then Amorim won't hesitate to look to the B team. Gone are the days we are signing tons of questionable flops or last day craziness like the infamous Jese, Bolasie, Fernando trio.

Still, I hope we continue to look at the following positions I think we need:

Striker - for obvious reasons

Winger - with Plata maybe getting loaned and Jovane injury prone, I think getting a winger that makes the difference would be important

Centre back - another defender at the back would be important, although I'm keeping my eye on Quaresma at Tondela and he's had a fantastic start

13. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Am I reading this shit correctly? Sporting loaning out Joelson to Basel with an option to buy? If so, that's an absolutely atrocious piece of business from Amorim. Really starting to question his judgement..

14. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Just saw this, will wait for the official confimation. The kid does need a loan IMO, but I'd hate to lose him for good.

According to Record, looks like a 2 year loan + option to bring him back after the 1st year. They do mention an option to buy... I've seen some other rumours mention we would have a buy-back clause.

Maybe it's our way of lighting a fire under the player to say "you got a year to prove yourself". Joelson could be the next Nani or even better, OR he could be the next giant flop because he didn't apply himself in training.

Eduardo Quaresma has been having a great start with Tondela, hopefully this works out the same way. Joelson is clearly talented but needs a loan to a league like the Belgian league which could do him wonders IMO. Also Basel is a team that fights for titles domestically so it's a good experience in that regard too.

15. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Why would we do business like this? Just loan him with no option to buy. Why make us have to purchase him back when we already own his contract? Loan him to a Portuguese team.

I thought Sousa Cintra was gone but we're still out here doing terrible deals like this. Demiral 2.0.

Oh yea, and forget signing a striker who can actually score goals. Let's just give a contract extension to reaffirm that we just wasted €16 million on the biggest flop in club history

https://www.abola.pt/nnh/2021-08-31/sporting-paulinho-renova-com-o-sporting/903153

Varandas and Viana truly are fucking idiots. I can already see this season being a complete disaster. Rivals getting stronger and we're out here with two of the worst forwards in the league and we give one of them an extension.

16. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Why would they play a kid if there wasn’t an incentive? Buy back makes sense. Big clubs do this all the time, not a big deal.

17. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rumors of Nuno Mendes possibly being sold to PSG today. Could be bullshit.

18. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Fabrizio Romano saying we are trying to shop Nuno Mendes today, willing to sell for 40-45M. psg and City so far only willing to go to 30M.

Yeah not sure how extending Paulinho is a priority right now... as for Joelson, loan makes sense to get real experience, really wish we had some better dealing though. Viana isn't the best negotiator IMO...

19. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    This final day may be tough for us…. We need a cash infusion and market seems tight.
    Agree with those against loaning out a young player with an option to buy that isn’t 20 mil plus

20. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Yeah the market has been crazy with signing players for free or relatively low fees that are super stars (i.e. Ronaldo Messi) if you think about it the only huge deals were Grealish, Lukaku and Sancho. Maybe Varane and Ben White too.

Spanish paper Marca reporting that we are trying to loan Pablo Sarabia on loan from PSG. The 29 yr old winger is likely not to play much for PSG and we could take this opportunity.

21. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Finally this one is official. Sporar joins Middlesborough on loan with option to buy.

Not gonna lie, at this point I wonder if at least Sporar on the bench would be better.

22. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    If anyone is watching, Fabrizio Romano is on twitch on a 12 hr stream. Been listening on my phone while working. He says Sarabia to SCP is pretty much a done deal

23. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sarabia would be a good get, but a loan sucks. I’m sure an outright transfer isn’t feasible due to his wages though.

24. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Sorry for the multiple posts but writing as I hear. Fabrizio explaining that Nuno has agreed on personal terms, Sarabia we are still negotiating contract, but he said that both moves are LOANS. The only way I can see us accepting a loan for Nuno is if there is an obligation to buy him and we have guaranteed money coming.

25. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thats really odd.