2021/22 Sporting CP Transfer Signings/Rumours/Dealings

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, May 17, 2021.

1. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    He is shit. Leave him the fvck alone lol

2. The Zeta Variant

The Zeta Variant Red Card

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Aug 7, 2021
    Santa Clara president says he’s pretty much a done deal and going to sporting.

also rumours we are trying to sign Paulinho a striker from leverkusen and st juste a cb who also plays in the bundesliga and known for being very fast and strong

I’ve already guaranteed the
    Bicampeaonato but with these moves I can now dream of being tricampeao

SCP_16 repped this.
  3. Tonel

Tonel Member

Sporting
    Aug 22, 2021
    Paulinho from Leverkusen is more a winger than proper striker. Hasn't lit up the league over there yet but is still 21 and could thrive in a place where he speaks the language and feels closer culturally. He seems to be playing more though in the second half of the season and is putting together a more productive stretch of games lately

4. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Man Amorim has a fetish with guys named Paulinho.

Still it would be funny to see 3 Paulinho's at the club

5. Tonel

Tonel Member

Sporting
    Aug 22, 2021
    Yep, all the Paulinhos and imagine if that Bruno Paulista guy from a few years ago worked out

6. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Idk the scouting so far has been pretty good with Amorim, to me he looks like a worker bee kind of player. Seems to also have some acceleration with the ball at his feet. I don't think he'll be a starter right away, likely a backup to Matheus Nunes probably just a replacement for Bragança, as Ugarte and Essugo will probably be the defensive midfield options.

Saw some article that Amorim is thinking of a tactical switch to 442 or 433, not to be the main formation but as an alternative when the need arises. I think the 343 has been good defensively but the better teams have started to figure it out and we should be able to change on the fly during a game.

Also a rumour that St. Juste has already been in Lisbon and spoken to us about a possible move. Allegedly Sevilla and Monaco are also interested. He seems to be very fast (fastest recorded speed in the Bundesliga) which would complement Coates and Porro really well IMO, one is slow and the other likes to attack and needs a fast CB that can cover for him.

eurodad repped this.
  7. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    Sounds like Slimani is done at SCP…. So we will need another striker for next year. That went sideways in a hurry yikes, so strange…. He doesn’t seem like the kinda guy that would take days off and mail it in at training, but that’s how RA sees it.

8. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Has anyone actually ever returned here and it not turn into a catastrophic flop? I can think of Nani the first time but that’s it.

9. Tonel

Tonel Member

Sporting
    Aug 22, 2021
    Maybe Joao Mario on last season's loan where fwiw he played most of the matches

But yea return players have typically been bad: Tiago Ilori, Fredy Montero

10. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Lesson learned, dont bring back former players.

Talk of Tiago Tomas coming back. Really hope not, we should let him play in Germany. He's getting plenty of minutes and even scoring some goals.

Dunno if Amorim really wants another target man, he seems to prefer forwards that are either more mobile or drop deep to link up play. Think of Liverpool and Man City's attack, without a clear #9

The Zeta Variant repped this.
  11. The Zeta Variant

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Aug 7, 2021
    So guys 1 point does it for Porto. If we don’t win tomorrow they are champs. I hope we prolong it as much as possible , hopefully until the very last game

12. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Amorim said today that this season we lacked 1 on 1 on the wings when Porro was injured and its something we have to correct in the next transfer market.

He probably means the left side, but playing Esgaio doesnt help either. Also I wonder what happens with Vinagre, are we actually buying him for 10 million?

13. Tonel

Tonel Member

Sporting
    Aug 22, 2021
  14. The Zeta Variant

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Aug 7, 2021
    This is true and some of us mentioned this issue. When Porro was injured, that was our worst period of the season where we lost to Santa Clara and Braga

SCP_16 repped this.
  15. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Playing Esgaio is like playing to lose. I don't pity Amorim because Esgaio was his ask, and we overpaid for him. That's on him..

The Zeta Variant repped this.
  16. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Looks like Esgaio is gonna look cheap next to Vinagre. I have hopes but he's so predictable and looks totally out of confidence. Always the same movement and cross, almost never cuts inside or does something different.

17. Tonel

Tonel Member

Sporting
    Aug 22, 2021
    Stuttgart are in 3rd last place in the Bundesliga with 2 match days to go

If they end up relegated then Sporting have an option to bring him back or decide if they want to let the loan run until the end of next season

18. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Rumour is that we've accepted to pay 10M euros for St. Juste, and negotiating personal terms with the player. Direct access to Champions League was the deciding factor.

Also, Amorim is pressing the board to keep Matheus Nunes one more season. He wants both Matheus and Inacio to stay. Palhinha is transferrable.

Supposedly we have 40 million budget this summer to spend on improving the squad. I wonder if this also includes the purchases of Porro (still no confirmation on this) for 8.5M euros, or Vinagre for 10M...

19. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon

Good news, hope next season his fitness is better. Good release clause IMO, the City clause is low but atm I don't think they want him or need him there.

SCP_16 and natenate101 repped this.
  20. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    When asked again about Slimani, Amorim was clear that the issue is done, the player is not part of his plans for next season.

21. Tonel

Tonel Member

Sporting
    Aug 22, 2021
    Porro is a reasonably good player for someone his age. Being able to stay healthy will be critical though in terms of impact he has on this team

22. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Looks like St. Juste is pretty much a done deal

SCP_16 and nelly29 repped this.
  23. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    I have never seen him play....Just know he is FAST :D

With that type of money he has to be an every week don't even think about it starter...fingers crossed

24. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    From the man himself now - says 9.5M euros.

25. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Sweeeet. Just what we needed. Can't rely on Feddal or Neto.

I'd even go after another CB, since I also don't trust Inacio.