2021/22 Sporting CP Transfer Signings/Rumours/Dealings

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, May 17, 2021.

1. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Official! Jovane to Lazio confirmed

2 exits must mean 2 arrivals no? :D

1 million loan fee + 8 million option to buy according to Romano

Tonel repped this.
  2. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    #377 fdasilva, Jan 31, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2022
    Fabrizio Romano on twitch live stream.

"Slimani to Sporting is done deal Here we go!"

Edit:

3. Tonel

Tonel Member

Sporting
    Aug 22, 2021
  4. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Confirmed by Lyon - player has rescinded and will sign for us.

The Algerian international striker who will have played 37 matches (8 goals) in the Lyon jersey will find Sporting Portugal, a club for which he has already played from 2013 to 2016.

Olympique Lyonnais thanks Islam and wishes him the greatest success for the rest of his career.

5. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    Interesting winter transfer window for us …. So many moving parts

Man wish we were not 6 points back that is going to be tough to make up

6. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    At least we signed the Dragon Slayer, Slimani loved scoring against Porto

I'd say this is an upgrade though.

Edwards > Jovane whose stagnated
    Slimani > Tiago Tomas whose stagnated

If they work out we get 2 players back that are more developed. If not we make some decent money we can use to reinvest.

7. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
  8. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    50 minutes for SCP to lock it up and register players for the league.

9. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Transfer window is closed. Awaiting official registration/confirmation.

Just to be clear. Slimani is a free agent before the window closed so he can technically sign whenever. Edwards would need to be registered though...

10. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Can’t believe Slimani is actually back! Thought it was gonna be the same story as usual. I know it’s not prime Slim but still think he provides a major need to this squad, someone who can ********ing score from the point of attack.

I know we’re likely 6 points back at this point. But Porto’s winter transfer was even more underwhelming. Diaz, Corona and Oliveira gone. Replaced with Geleno (could you believe the memes if we made this kind of deal) Eustaquoio and dipshit Semedo? Race is on in my opinion.

nelly29 and fdasilva repped this.
  11. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    natenate101 repped this.
  12. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    P.s. I'm gonna need that #9 shirt ASAP

13. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Big time upgrades. The season has just begun.

14. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Agreed congrats on the board, again we have a positive transfer window, I can't remember the last time we had successive good windows. We've loaned out 2 players that stagnated and weren't giving us anything and brought in 2 serious upgrades for those positions.

Also these signings are not just for now, but preparing for next season too. I feel with these 2 guys, and Ugarte getting more and more comfortable, we're preparing to sell Palhinha as well as get the Nuno Mendes money. Then we can sign a new LWB which is sorely needed (I think Vinagre is gone) as well as a quality CB. Other positions upgraded as things happen.

While we have "wingers" like Pote or Sarabia, they're guys that excel at passing and finishing chances, Edwards is a true winger, he'll take on defenders 1 on 1 and get past them with a lot of ease, and he delivers quality final passes. One of the best players outside of the big 3 that was available.

Slimani is just Slimani... he's 33 so we shouldn't expect 90 minutes of running but I can totally see him coming in or starting in games where we face 'park the bus' teams.

AlexJones19 and natenate101 repped this.
  15. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^ Good summary of the positive aspects of the boards moves and what’s to come. I’m not expecting much from Slimani, but we know he is passionate about being with Sporting so he’ll definitely give all he has.

Don’t know anything about Edwards but YouTube shows me he has good dribbling ability and is quite shifty out there. Like you said we need players who can disrupt defenses with pace and dribbling so he should help.

Glad the club didn’t sell Palhinha this window. Make a run at the title and see what happens.

16. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I still think Paulinho will start most games because of everything else he does minus scoring. But Slimani will hopefully put Paulinho on his toes.

Edwards weakness seems to be not liking to track back and help defend much. But if he was good at that too he would be in England not Portugal. I think in Amorim's hands he will improve his off the ball movement because when he gets the ball he looks like a difference maker.

17. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Great little window for us! A couple of solid additions and our main title rivals have definitely been weakened.

With the World Cup coming up in 2022 and a few of Englands wide forwards really underperforming this year, Edwards will be hoping to hit the ground running and he could find himself on the fringes of the national squad

fdasilva repped this.
  18. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon

Edwards looks really introverted and that's something Amorim talked about today in his prematch interview.

With Edwards Amorim said basically what we've said here, his strengths and weaknesses, adding that he's quite introverted and coming now will give him time to gel with the group, some good long term thinking there.

With Slimani, Amorim was candid, he said Slimani could have joined in the summer but he didn't feel they needed him, he had faith in the options. But admitted his opinion changed because the team is playing different, we're playing more on offense rather than sitting back and counter attacking, and against certain teams where we are crossing a lot we need a reference in the box, also Coates has missed some games and suddenly the backup option isn't there anymore.

natenate101 repped this.
  19. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good stuff. But did he really say that about Coates? If so, wow.

20. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Watched a video of every goal Slim scored for us earlier and I think he will be a very useful addition. Paulinho links up the play very well but we all know he’s hit and miss in front of goal

Slim was similar to Dost in the sense that players can put balls into the box, whether that be an aerial delivery or on the ground, and know that Slim will be sniffing around the 10 yard area to finish off those chances. He loves a goal in a big game too!

fdasilva repped this.
  21. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nice announcement video for Slimani

22. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    lol thats hilarious

but 2023?

23. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Yes contract is a year and a half, til June 2023.

OndaVerde and nelly29 repped this.
  24. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    With the winter transfer window closed, the squad saw 2 exits who seemed stagnated and saw two arrivals which should improve the quality of depth to attack our remaining objectives.

Between the summer and winter transfer markets, we've made a total of 21.67 million euros in signings, and made "only" 16 million euros in sales. However, according to the papers, this summer could see around 100 million come in to the club, with Nuno Mendes being sold for 40 million, 30-odd million from a direct CL qualification spot, and at least 30 million from potentially selling Joao Palhinha. This would give us 100 million to pay off debts and finance transfers for next summer.

The plan according to A Bola is to sign a right footed central defender, in order for Inacio to move to the left side since he is left-footed. We also need to sign a back up GK, as Virginia is on loan from Everton. We'll also need to sign a new winger if Sarabia leaves and the likes of Gonzalo Plata aren't in the plans.

Who else do you think we might try to sign?

25. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    Sounds like we are very close to agreeing to terms with Santa Clara for Morita....Anyone watch a few of their games? I have only watched one so I know he is having a good year but I have not seen enough of him to know if the will be able to step into the lineup next year or if he is more of a chess piece type of signing