2021/22 Sporting CP Transfer Signings/Rumours/Dealings

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, May 17, 2021.

1. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Psg might not be able to buy him right away cause of FFP. But if there's a guarantee transfer we can anticipate those funds, it's a common practice.

It seems like 40M is the talked about value. It's less than what we all want, but Nuno this season has had a lot of problems staying fit. We also already have a really good replacement, with Esgaio able to play on the left if needed. And if it means we keep Palhinha and Matheus Nunes, and get a craque like Sarabia (him and Pote finding spaces while Porro and Vinagre overlap) would be fantastic IMO.

As for Sarabia, dude is a baller. Just too bad we are getting another loan. End of this season we have to figure out Vinagre, Porro and maybe Sarabia who are all loans.

2. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Laughed at PSG and FFP together in the same sentence. But I hear you. Doesn’t Sporting need a cash injection now though?

SCP21 and fdasilva repped this.
  3. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    If they have a guarantee that they will buy him, they can take that guarantee to the bank and get the cash in anticipation.

Fabrizio : "Nuno is one step away from PSG"

4. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Fabrizio Romano:

"HERE WE GO: Done deal - Nuno Mendes to PSG. 7 MILLION loan fee for 1 year + OPTION TO BUY for 40M euros."

5. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon

6. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Fabrizio just confirmed. 40M is an OPTION, not OBLIGATORY.

This. Makes. No. Sense.

7. Holy__Joe

Holy__Joe Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    yep I was thinking the same thing, especially with his injury record and also if he doesn’t get regular games. Risks killing his value/progression. Or the chance that PSG jump at the next flavour of the month

8. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Reading through and watching the news. It looks like there's an "agreement" to buy him, they just can't make it obligatory because it will fall under FFP rules.

If you recall, when PSG got Danilo from Porto, they also brought him on loan with an "option" to buy for 20M which they paid. And even Mbappe came on "loan" from Monaco and they eventually paid 180 million....

As for the deal. We wanted at least 50 million for him. So considering the pandemic and the tough market we are in, it's 47 million + potentially a Spain national team attacker whose a goal scorer and with potentially PSG paying most of his salary for a season. Not bad.

SCP_16 repped this.
  9. Holy__Joe

Holy__Joe Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I like Sarabia, but reading this bit gave me 'Nam Flashbacks.....

[​IMG]

ScpBoy77 repped this.
  10. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ha, I understand but Sarabia is a consistently good player. Only worry I have is if he will sulk at all or feel like the Portuguese league is beneath him. Overall from his Castilla days at Madrid, he’s always seemed level headed so we should be good. Wish it was a two-year loan though.

11. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    Unless the option to buy has a mandatory clause like they must buy if they don’t drop to 2nd division I don’t like this… why are we taking the risk for 7 mil? What if he blows his knee? We are left with a sports car with a bad engine.

SCP_16 and Holy__Joe repped this.
  12. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Lol well I can see the comparison. But Sarabia scored twice in the Euros and had 2 assists, and last year played 37 games and had several goals and assists. Don't think he's quite Jese level

13. Holy__Joe

Holy__Joe Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Jese was just a whole mindset issue, dude didn't want to be a footballer and by the time he first left PSG he didn't care about impressing, just keeping up a paycheque

Sarabia at 29 is laying the groundwork for potentially his final contract if we work as a shop window, I think he'll be a different attitude

14. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

But for the rumored €10 million? No thanks.

Hopefully he gets playing time and turns out to be great. Dude is loaded with potential. Would hate to see him go because if he does, you know Basel sells him for €30 million in the next year

15. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    It would be nice if our club could actually make these announcements on our site and actually break down the deals. We used to do that with the previous administration, independent of anything else that happened.

16. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Idrissa Doumbia joins Belgian side Zulte Waregen on loan with an option to buy of 3.5M euros.

Also, Mattheus Oliveira becomes a free agent after terminating his contract.

17. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Plata set to join 2nd div club Valladolid on loan with option to buy for 10M euros (70% of his rights). Quite high but let's see how it goes for Plata.

Also Basel already confirmed the 2 year loan of Joelson with option to buy:

18. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Latest rumour of the deal:

7M loan
    40M (option but there's an agreement to buy him, this is to get around FFP)
    10% of future sale comes to SCP
    Pablo Sarabia - Loan for 1 year with PSG paying 100% of his roughly 4M a year salary

If true that sounds really good on paper. If Sarabia comes with a good attitude he can clearly make a difference up front. Winger with a lot of goals in his career, him and Pote can be a dangerous duo.

19. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
  20. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
  21. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
  22. The Zeta Variant

The Zeta Variant Red Card

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Aug 7, 2021
    Sarabia is a huge pick up
    Vinagre and esgaio (he can also play lb) provided sufficient cover. Mendes always looked injury prone.

23. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Here's a strange one: remember Rodrigo Fernandes? Apparently he swapped us for Porto, and we got Marco Cruz whose a 17 year old from Porto and captaining their U19 team.

Yeah while at first I was confused with the whole loan thing, I think we can safely say it's a win-win and a good deal. The player leaves as a champion and he's clearly going to be a world class LB for the next decade. We get 47 million during an economic crisis (for comparison, Porto tried selling Oliveira, Corona and even Luiz Diaz and wasn't able to sell them, and Benfica sold players at a loss like Waldschmidt, Vinicius and Pedrinho). 7 million immediately plus a craque like Sarabia without paying his salary at all. And 40 million guaranteed for next season to pay off our debts, buy Porro hopefully and Vinagre, who knows maybe Sarabia has a stellar season and loves Portugal/decides to stay?

As for Sarabia, excited to see another "Pote" style player, he'll take the pressure a bit off of Pote who we have been relying on heavily. This is a guy whose worth 25M euros, and has the following stats - as a winger:

20/21 - 37 games (half from the bench), 7 goals 4 assists
    19/20 - 40 games, 14 goals, 8 assists
    18/19 - 52 games, 23 goals, 17 assists.

SCP21 repped this.
  24. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Weird - rodrigo Fernandes was meant to be a decent prospect too wasn’t he?

25. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    So is the buyout an option or is it a guaranteed sale? All I have seen is it’s an option to buy… no clauses that make it mandatory