2021-22 Hot Seat

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by ThePonchat, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Socalsoccercoach

Dec 1, 2013
    Inside knowledge in all things I post..things can change but the UCLA rumor is out there this weekend so 'i am not the only one.

2. Jamie JBS

Jamie JBS Member

Fulham
    England
    May 10, 2021
    Rumors in our state here that denver might be moving to the WCC. That would really leave south dakota state in the drivers seat for summit. Still think Brock there is a good coach who might be on verge of a jump to something bigger. Never really seems to be linked to anything publicly. Maybe not interested in moving on?

3. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018
    Because there would always be an inherit bias from the coach regarding playing time, preferential treatment, etc. I simply said 'hopefully'.

As for side eyeing player/coach relationships, it is wrong on every level (there is a power dynamic there). So, yes, if I do not know the timing of said relationship, I side eye it.

4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Some correctly said that this is off-topic here, so I'll just answer this post and I won't add anything more in the future (or at least not here): when I wrote my hypothesis of two people whose "behaviour was absolutely correct" I was implying that it included no bias and no preferential treatment (at least as much as possible: whoever was in a position of power knows that absolut objectivity is a myth and that personal sympathies always play at least a minimal role, and we're not talking just attraction, we're talking everything you feel for or against single persons). I am talking people keeping their feelings for themselves and actively trying to have them influence their work as less as possible.

Actually it looks like you side eye it independent from the timing, since it had been clearly said that the hypothetical relationship had happened after the time when the player/coach relationship was active. It was you who started questioning ancient "feelings" to justify your bias against such a kind of couple.

5. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018
    If you are referring to the Baylor coach, I never once speculated or opined on that situation. In fact, a person clarified that he was not even a coach in the Atlanta organization before I even knew anything about the situation. I have never commented on that. I commented on a post that was talking about player/coach relationships in general. It is there that I said a coach/player relationship is never appropriate (and notably, and not surprisingly, many people agreed with me). After that I simply responded to a question about player/coach relationships that form after they are no longer in a player/coach situation.

Candidly, I cannot believe there is any debate over this at all. It is simply wrong for a coach to pursue a player/coach relationship. Period.

6. SoccerTrustee

SoccerTrustee Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Soccerguy1022, Fitballer and Jamie JBS repped this.
  7. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OPEN
    UK
    Maryland
    Austin Peay
    Tulsa (interim - Jim Rhein)
    Troy (interim - Nicole Waters)
    Villanova
    USC Upstate
    Missouri State (retired)
    Idaho State
    Oral Roberts
    Morehead State
    Bellarmine
    Loyola Marymount
    Saint Francis
    Wisconsin Green Bay
    Appalachian State
    Georgia
    Southern Illinois
    Baylor
    Fordham
    Texas State
    Mount St. Mary
    Air Force (retired)

Filled
    Louisiana Tech (Steve Voltz - previous interim)
    Pacific (Danesha Adams and JJ Wozniak - previous interims)

spykemanne and Fitballer repped this.
  8. MFF1910

MFF1910 Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Rumor mill seems really quiet on some of these positions that have been open a while, UK/UMD should be along the way with at least some interviews at this point, right? A prolonged process is what killed UMD the last go-round, they can't afford to mess it up again.

9. Enzo the Prince

Sep 9, 2007
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    If a coach has 'feelings' for a player but 'doesn't act on them,' how would you like to be another player on the team who plays the same position? Do you think you'll get the same benefit of the doubt for a missed touch or slow fitness run or being three minutes later or....etc etc. Just doesn't belong in a team environment, period.

ytrs repped this.
  10. Aday96

Aday96 New Member

Kentucky soccer
    United States
    Nov 8, 2021
    Any update on UKs coaching search? Haven’t seen anything yet, but noticed their interim coach Paul Babba announced their 2022 signing class so I wonder if that could be anything.

11. SuperSoccer1978

Barcelona
    Nov 24, 2011
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Babba isn’t getting the UK job. Just an SID posting about the recruiting class signing. UK aren’t that stupid to make the same mistake twice.

Soccerguy1022 repped this.
  12. SpeakeroftheHouse

PSG
    Italy
    Nov 2, 2021
    Im not sure they have much control over that do they? Male or female. I’ve heard of it happening with both. As long as they don’t act on those feelings, there isn’t much else that can be done. And if they don’t act on them, how would you know? Lol

blissett repped this.
  13. Fanatic#88

Fanatic#88 Member

Nov 22, 2021
    Wanted to dig this out.

You know what trumps hearsay? live testimony. With the temperature out there about the outlandish behavior of some in authority, i think BC will be vindicated.

14. J&S_LFG

J&S_LFG New Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Oct 18, 2021
    24 positions open. Out of those 24, nine female head coach that resigned or we’re fired.

15. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OPEN
    UK
    Maryland
    Austin Peay
    Tulsa (interim - Jim Rhein)
    Troy (interim - Nicole Waters)
    Villanova
    USC Upstate
    Missouri State (retired)
    Idaho State
    Oral Roberts
    Morehead State
    Bellarmine
    Loyola Marymount
    Saint Francis
    Wisconsin Green Bay
    Appalachian State
    Georgia
    Southern Illinois
    Baylor
    Fordham
    Texas State
    Mount St. Mary
    Air Force (retired)
    Northern Illinois

Filled
    Louisiana Tech (Steve Voltz - previous interim)
    Pacific (Danesha Adams and JJ Wozniak - previous interims)

16. SpeakeroftheHouse

PSG
    Italy
    Nov 2, 2021
    Good luck with that. It won’t see the inside of a courtroom. They’ll settle because of the potential of collateral damage.

17. SoccerTrustee

SoccerTrustee Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Boston College won’t lose and sleep over this, may get a couple laughs and that’s it. How can Foley in her right mind claim gender discrimination? I see other female head coaches doing just fine there, including one who just won a national championship in women’s lacrosse. Gender discrimination just reeks of a desperation.

The issues with alcohol are real unfortunately. College and club coaches in New England have seen that firsthand at some point. She also had an affair with a then men’s assistant who also worked worked at NEFC and that created a litany of issues. That won’t matter in this case but shows a pattern of unprofessionalism. I typically think kids that complain to be whiners but in this case there legit concern and a pattern and BC had to do the right thing. Drunk dialing and texting your players late at night isn’t a good thing typically.

Sad to see how this turned. Foley did some good things at BC no doubt. But now she’s desperately trying to get a payout because she can’t get a job anywhere else. Also sad to see how she is openly sabotaging Lowe and the current students athlete experience of the players at BC.

18. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    Well, you can start with the fact that no woman has ever coached a mens team at BC, while the reverse isn’t so, and the coaching salaries at BC average $607,888 for mens teams while womens team coaches Average $154,808.

your turn. How do you you show the disparity in hiring and salaries isn’t gender based?

19. Fanatic#88

Fanatic#88 Member

Nov 22, 2021
    Are you really comparing the revenue teams to the non revenue? That does play a part; gender notwithstanding.
    In all business situations, the rainmakers are paid more. They bring in the revenue that runs the business.

HeadSpun repped this.
  20. Fanatic#88

Fanatic#88 Member

Nov 22, 2021
    #221 Fanatic#88, Nov 24, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
    I would hope each contract has bonuses built in based on performance. So the recent national championship for women's lacrosse was hopefully rewarded.

Although as the USWNT discovered, it is tough to renegotiate an agreed upon contract after the fact.

21. 6peternorth9

6peternorth9 Member

Nov 15, 2012
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    With Cromwell leaving UCLA, it will be interesting to see who takes that job and what domino effect it could have. It seems the department wants fresh start and I’d think it’s probably good for her to move on as well if she is indeed uncomfortable there.

22. SAS_Soccer

SAS_Soccer Member

Everton FC
    United States
    Nov 17, 2021
    Do we not forget that Cromwell is also currently dating a former player from her days at UCF. I'm sure @ytrs will say it's completely fine tho

23. SoccerTrustee

SoccerTrustee Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  24. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018
    Clearly you must be joking. I have been emphatic in my posting that dating players is wrong on every level. And, while I have no idea the history of this coach and player, it seems they are are a decade past the player's playing days, so it is not likely applicable.