2021-22 Hot Seat

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by ThePonchat, Oct 26, 2021.

1. MrIPO

MrIPO Member

Mar 18, 2022
    Supposed to be announced on Tuesday. Too early to list the new coach on 22-23 Hot Seat?

2. Futholic

Futholic New Member

Manchester United
    Belgium
    Mar 16, 2022
    Is it that bad?

3. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Was speaking with a coach from out west this morning and the preseason award for dumbassery goes to the Wyoming staff who scheduled a 23 game season thinking that was ok. Don’t think this is a hot seat issue more just stupidity on the staffs part so I would imagine some coaches are gonna be getting their Wyoming game cancelled in the near future LOL.

4. SpeakeroftheHouse

PSG
    Italy
    Nov 2, 2021
    No one is taking PVAMU until they shorten their name.

5. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It looks like they have dropped their exhibition games, as they now are at 20.

6. Sophos

Sophos Member

Feb 20, 2020
    Depending on whether they have contracts for exhibition games that could be a good chunk of change. As much on the admin for approving it, as on the coaching staff.

Futholic repped this.
  7. SIS111

SIS111 New Member

Mar 24, 2015
    WYO canceled their trip to Cali as well, hope they got refundable tickets or at least parents did. Also now doing a free kids clinic 1 hour away without a game. I imagine the team is looking forward to that.

8. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Looks like those amazing foundations are Arizona this preseason are really being built into place with a convincing 1-0 win over a below average NAU followed up by an awesome loss to a San Diego State program that had a losing record last year. But culture and foundations are really there for all to see so far.

ilikecollegesoccer and Socr4evaH repped this.
  9. SuperSoccer1978

Barcelona
    Nov 24, 2011
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    But Moros is one of the top coaches in the country according to her. And I quote "if I was a player I would want to play for a coach like me.'

Socr4evaH repped this.
  10. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018
    You have to work hard to manipulate that quote to mean what you said it does. Geez.

11. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Maybe that’s her recruiting pitch. Some solid foundations.

12. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With the coach change merry-go-round over for the year, here are some summary numbers. The last table, showing the median head coach tenure at current school of 4 years, is quite stunning.

upload_2022-8-11_21-23-4.png

upload_2022-8-11_21-23-26.png

upload_2022-8-11_21-23-59.png

Soccermom21 repped this.
  13. Footyballs

Footyballs Member

Barcelona
    United States Virgin Islands
    Dec 19, 2018
  14. MrIPO

MrIPO Member

Mar 18, 2022
    From 13 wins... to your ex leaving being the highlight of your program for almost 3 full months... to hiring a juco coach a week into the season. If that doesn't scream PVAMU doesn't care about WSOC, I don't know what does. The only question that remains is if they care enough to put the coach they just threw under the bus on the hot seat.

To be continued and debated in 2022/23 Hot Seat.

15. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018
    Do we know if she has or hasn't been running the program for a few weeks already? I would say that it is a strong possibility that she has, and that they were waiting for HR or Board of Regents approval before an official announcement.

16. Footyballs

Footyballs Member

Barcelona
    Dec 19, 2018
    She has not, they literally were interviewing over the phone other coaches on like August 1st. They wanted the candidate to be able to get there within a few days is what I heard. Don't know exactly what day she arrived to coach, but know they were still searching to hire a coach not even two weeks ago.

ytrs repped this.
  17. Footyballs

Footyballs Member

Barcelona
    Dec 19, 2018