2021-22 DFB-Pokal Round 1: SV Wehen Wiesbaden vs Borussia Dortmund

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by BVBFNM, Aug 6, 2021.

1. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Our season officially begins tomorrow vs SV Wehen Wiesbaden, a 3. Liga club. We have several unavailable players but that shouldn't prevent us from advancing.

Speaking of our DFB-Pokal campaign this season, the only result I will find acceptable will be winning the DFB-Pokal again.

eaglespark and Berchtesgaden repped this.
  2. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Happy New Season!!!!

I had a bit of football burn out from last season's schedule, and so i didn't really watch the Euros or the Copa America.. I'm not sure I'm ready to start watching diligently again, but I am definitely excited that BVB football is back.

I don't think it makes sense to set a goal for cup competitions, and find it unacceptable if it's not met, just because cup competitions are so unpredictable. You have a bad day and you can be out.

I think the goals should be set for the league, and for group stage of the CL.

3. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
  4. Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Member+

May 18, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Excited for this season! Heja BVB!

5. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    1:0 Haaland, followed by him converting a penalty for the 2:0.
    For the first official game, I'd say it doesn't look too bad offensively. Defensively we seem a bit unordered/not used to each other at times. We need our starting players in defense back, otherwise it looks bad for the Bundesliga.
    As a (small) plus, Schulz had two really nice, precise passes that could have led to goals. Guerreiro is the clear number one on that position but maybe Schulz can be useful as well.

eaglespark and BVBFNM repped this.
  6. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Reus and Haaland seem to be in good form and have fun playing. The performance of the others is rather average.
    I'd like to see Malen to get a sense of how he fits in.

eaglespark repped this.
  7. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    On to the next round!

Now let's focus on our league opener vs Eintracht Frankfurt, who will be a much tougher opponent.

eaglespark repped this.
  8. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    My stream kept freezing so difficult to get a complete view of the match.

Tigges just isn't good enough to play. Passlack is a player I like, but we still need someone better.

Reus and Haaland looking sharp, Dahoud seemed to be decent and Reyna was contributing. We need to get a win against Frankfurt and we can judge more after that match.

9. Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Member+

May 18, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    My stream was very poor as well. It was clearly an early season game as timing is still off.

I am very excited about this team - maybe too optimistic. The manager change combined with the potential Dahoud, Bellingham, Reyna and Brandt provide is great. We have weaknesses, but I think we can challenge for the title this season. Yes I am drinking the early season kool aid.

astrophyz repped this.
  10. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
    Curious, what streamer did u guys use ... I couldn't even find the game, nor the replay.

11. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Next I will send you a private message, but I couldn't find the match on British TV at all.

TimBenneth repped this.