2021-22 Champions League

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by juveeer, May 30, 2021.

1. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    I doubt that the Juve scarf issued to commemorate that match didn't sell well

2. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Prior to the match, I was feeling great. I actually thought we were favored for that match going in. Doesn't mean it wasn't embarrassing getting whacked 4-1 in a CL final.

Actually, getting crushed by the mighty Fulham was pretty embarrassing. Toss up between those for me.

juveeer repped this.
  3. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was a final, at least we were top 2 that year and it was a stacked RM

Losing like this to a mid table Spanish team was pretty bad

4. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Come on again, the Fulham game was not as bad. It was EL, we were missing tons of players and it was during our worst time. Losing while u got big pockets with Ronaldos and Vlahovic is 10x worse

5. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Disagree, we were absolutely waxed against Fulham after a big win in the first leg. Fulham who has been going up and down between the first and second divisions in England.

6. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude look at who played for us back then vs now. That was lowest point of Juve.

And again that was EL, not CL

I dont get how losing 3-0 at home in CL is better than losing away in EL with Chimenti as our keeper and 38yr old cannavaro?

7. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Liverpool first half has been absolute garbage lol!

2-0 Villarreal! It’s now all tied up!

8. dean smith

dean smith Member

Juventus
    England
    Jan 17, 2021
    Well I’m not surprised. They were good against us, beat Bayern and now making Liverpool look average. There was no disgrace us losing to them.They are a well organised, drilled team and could go all the way. They need to keep up the aggression and tempo in the second half

NicktheGreek repped this.
  9. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Nice run, but no cigar.
    Perhaps the Juve locker room attendant should get a referral from his counterpart at Villareal. They seem to use real men's toiletries there in Spain and it is reflected in their play.

10. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im so envious of RM ;(

Such a well run club with a positive attitude. They lost Ronaldo and still managed to get back to top while our management is busy playing "rebuild year"

Our fans have gotten used to excuses and the coach is taking us back to medieval times with his style.

juveeer repped this.
  11. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The year CR7 left Real, they were knocked out in the R16 against Ajax after losing 4-1 at the Bernabeau. The next year, lost again in the R16 against Citeh. Last year finally made it past the R16 and lost to Chelsea in the SF.

We can get back to the top after losing Ronaldo within 3 years as well. It will be tough, but no one thought we were going to make the finals in 2015, especially after not making it of the group the year before.

12. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Not with our current roster we won't.

13. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is what the transfer windows are for. Arrivabene and Cherubini have done well so far in their 2 windows. They were put in a bad spot with Ronaldo and probably chose wrong with Moise, but Locatelli, Vlahovic, Zakaria coming in while getting money for Bentancur, good money for Kulu, Demiral, etc. Who knows what the team will look like in a 2 years.

Add in some possible gems with one or two of Miretti, Fagioli, De Winter, Rovella, or Soule to add to the team. Not too bad.

Obviously Arthur, Ramsey, Alex Sandro, Berna are not good enough and will need to be moved on.