2021-22 Champions League

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by juveeer, May 30, 2021.

1. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its not even about uptempo attacking beautiful champagne or whatever people wanna call it these days...just PLAY FOOTBALL...we dont fukkin play, why are we sugar coating it? We dont step on the field like a team that wants to play and score and win. It looks like a 11pm-6am McDonald's night shift...they clock in to pass the time and go home

Its embarrassing and please lets stop excusing it for the love of God.

2. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Issue is that we don’t have aggressive midfielders. Long are the days of Pirlo dropping dimes and Vidal playing like a striker. Marchisio was such a good corner stone to this team, reliable for so many years. Pogba was box to box and put fear on opponents.

With that said I hope we can get Pogba, but we will need some replacement for Sandro.

3. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    CL draw is made. This is gonna be Bayerns year….this team is just firing on all cylinders.

4. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    That is fair enough....for THIS season.

My concern is longterm we need to improve the squad overall. That is going to take a couple of years minimum, esp. if we let Dybala walk and have to find a player like him to replace him. That will not be cheap and will impact what can spend elsewhere.

Therefor, keeping max going forward makes me nervous as we need a better style to build towards than his neanderthal approach to the game.

5. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I think the club does have an eye toward building for the future. De Ligt, Vlahovic, Chiesa, McKennie, and Locatelli are all reasonably young players who can play. I think it's as simple as continuing to make signings of affordable, young players with the potential to grow.

Tifoso repped this.
  6. cizko

cizko Member

Juve
    Italy
    Jul 14, 2017
    After my head finally cooled off, I just want to comment. I am irked that we went down at home, to Villareal. But I am more irked about the manner how we lost. I would say we were the better team for the most part, but the longer the score was tied, the players were more anxious. It is mentality issue more than anything. Allegri should have used his subs sooner, I don't know what he was waiting for. Rugani's mistake is inexcusable. He was alright until that point, but if we want to be the best, he can't make such a mistake at this point. After this, we were cooked.

What is more apparent, and what is everybody saying for half a decade, this midfield will not do. Zakaria could have helped, and I like this player. Locatelli can be salvaged. But there can't be a place for players like Arthur and Rabiot for Juve. There was nothing of note from these two. With Kroos and Modric in our midfield, we are winning this game in a halftime. This needs to be addressed asap.

It is absolutely clear to me that huge mistake was made years ago when we decided that we want to play attractive football with Ronaldo at the helm. Absolutely sent us in the wrong direction.

Clearly, when we go down to Ajax, Lyon, Porto and Villareal in the UCL, deep, and I mean deep analysis needs to be taken, about every facet of this team. I acknowledge that in football there are cycles, but we could have prevented this 4 years ago with proper direction. But it is water under the bridge right now.

7. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please dont blame Ronaldo. Enough BS, this is on management and coaches. Every team in the world plays football, we play pussy ball. Did Ronaldo tell the team to backpass and hold 1-0 leads over relegation teams? This is about finding our balls again and actually start playing

8. cizko

cizko Member

Juve
    Italy
    Jul 14, 2017
    I was not blaming Ronaldo of course. I was blaming that we bought him.

9. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Put yourself in the position of a PGS fan asking how in the hell can we lose with all this talent?

Daei_10 repped this.
  10. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Just because someone is worse does not mean we aren't bad.

11. soji22

soji22 Member+

Juventus FC
    France
    Feb 8, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I don't know if you heard, but Pogba's home in Manchester was burglarized during the Champions League game versus Atletico Madrid last Tuesday. His kids were asleep while it happened, and thankfully no one was hurt. This is the sort of thing which can convince a player that it's time for a fresh start.

12. Tifoso

Tifoso Moderator
    Staff Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Feb 24, 2007
    northern California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hopefully not with us. Unless he’s completely free.

13. Tifoso

Tifoso Moderator
    Staff Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Feb 24, 2007
    northern California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Nearly impossible. Where can you find another player that plays only 3/4 of our matches? ;)
    Although, I hear Ramsey is available.

14. soji22

soji22 Member+

Juventus FC
    France
    Feb 8, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    You wouldn't take Pogba back for say, 60 million euros?

15. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Why would Juve pay when he's a free agent?

16. soji22

soji22 Member+

Juventus FC
    France
    Feb 8, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Sorry I forgot that his contract expires in June. All the more reason we should make a move for him. Having him on the pitch and in the dressing room would lift everyone else around him. His mistake was leaving Juve for Man United. I think he plateau-ed in the EPL.

17. Tifoso

Tifoso Moderator
    Staff Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Feb 24, 2007
    northern California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Oh, if he paid us that, sure

18. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Sooooooooooooo Wrong

usnroach repped this.
  19. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Just a few comments with props to Villarreal who withstood the German Machine and brought great credit to themselves today.
    And in the knowledge that many of the deep thinkers here blame Juve losses to everything from solar flares to fluoridated drinking water or the evil eye., there q]was no disgrace in the way they met the Yellow Submarine

dean smith repped this.
  20. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    We lost to Villareal because we can't score goals, especially against teams that bunker down. Juve clearly played better the second leg.

Dante and juveeer repped this.
  21. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well well…AM went out in fashion like they always do with lots of drama in the last 20 mins.

Liverpool and Benfica 3-3 bud LP wins aggregate or 6-4. Liverpool defense is absolute garbage.

I think Real Madrid just might take it all this year.

22. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    No Trent no Roberson no Virgil van Dijk

23. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Crapping out 0-3 last 20min at home is not a disgrace?

It doesn't matter what happens in other games, that loss was probably the worst ever Juve loss. Stop sugar coating it

24. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    The worst is yet to come,

usnroach repped this.
  25. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was more embarrassed with the 4-1 obliteration against Madrid in the CL Final in 2017.