2021-22 Bundesliga Matchday 4: Bayer 04 Leverkusen vs Borussia Dortmund

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by BVBFNM, Sep 10, 2021.

1. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    International break is over.

Reus came back with knee problems, but Rose assures he can play.

I suspect Leverkusen will win, what with our defensive issues.

2. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    If we cannot contain Diaby, we'll get slaughtered. A few players came back with knocks from the NT games. But if we show a convincing performance against such a team, I think it'd be a pretty good sign.

3. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Reyna out a month and Meunier will be out for this game which means Passlack or Pongracic at RB...

4. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Kobel
    Meunier Pongracic Akanji Guerreiro
    Witsel
    Bellingham Dahoud
    Brandt
    Haaland Reus

I'm not too optimistic, especially the defense makes me worry.

5. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Leverkusen takes the lead after another bad giveaway in our buildup.
    We miss to equalize a few minutes later in an even better scoring opportunity.

6. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I missed the start. Who gave the ball away?

This is going to be a long season. We just aren't good enough

7. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Yeah and we've seen nothing yet... When Haaland leaves and Marco retires yellow may turn to grey.

8. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    It was on our left side, I think either Guerreiro or Dahoud under pressure from Leverkusen. But then Wirtz just walks without any opposition to the box and can score. So it wasn't just one person at fault.

And now Haaland scores followed by Bellingham to turn the game around.
    What I've noticed in a couple situations in this game, we want to make the game fast in attack and that looks good. Dahoud isn't in the game yet but Brandt is a good fit despite his earlier bad miss.

9. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    And now VAR takes the goal back because of a foul in the development of the goal. A decision we would have probably wanted if that happens on the other side. It's just that there is no consistency whatsoever with VAR.

10. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Exactly, makes me remember a certain Bayern goal that VAR did not take back... I never seen a goal against us be overturned this way. It's frustrating.

The call was right though, just not detected by the ref way before the goal is scored.

11. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Leverkusen takes the lead again. We make it so easy for the opponent to score. Just a long ball and that's it.

BvB_Peon repped this.
  12. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    And moments later we are down again just before half time...
    Loving this team is an act of contrition...

13. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Brandts shite, i can see why hes riding the bench most the time, malen in in hus stead pls

14. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Rose was another mistake. No issues we address in the off season, we just continue where we left off with Favre, same mistakes over and over again, no learning...

15. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Halftime.
    Just not good enough in our approach regarding defense for top football. If you give up goals like this, you won't even reach the CL spots.

Witsel doesn't work for me. Pull Dahoud back again but the alternatives on the bench are too offensive. unless we change the system to a 2 man midfield.

16. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    So far we have been giving up 2 goals per game. That puts us just above the 2 relegations teams in terms of goal allowed. That is a very bad trend that leads to nowhere good...

17. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Brandt with a great goal. I thought the chance was already gone due to bad ball control but after th replay, it was actually well done.

18. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Brandt ties it with a hell of a nice 'ability' and finish goal. Not sure how to describe it... 2-2

19. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    3-2 down. At least Hummels will be back very soon.

20. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    And here we go again, we can't defend shit. Leverkusen 3:2. Only two teams have conceded more goals at this point.

21. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    And Belligham is scared of the ball in front of the box, turns his back to the Diaby of all player who sidestep him to score. We are down again, our defensive woes is getting worse.

** Belligham just took a big dive in my book. If you are too coward to stand in front of a shot you have no place on the field...
    I'm ok with making mistake but lack of effort or cowardice really rubs the wrong me...

22. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I think Bellingham just wanted to block the shot and it's not uncommon to turn around. Diaby completely missed his shot and that worked out in his favor.

23. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Yeah but if this team can't thrive when 1 defender is missing what does it say about the team. Hummels is good but he's old and slow now. He should be fighting for a spot in a 'good' team not be the best player on defense.
    We have allowed 9 goals in 4 game so far that is more than 2 per game!!! This season will go nowhere at this rate... That is almost 1/4 of all the goals we allowed last season (41) and we have yet to meet a good team!!

24. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    That is not how you block a shot in the big leagues...
    He looked like a scared little girl.

25. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Guerreiro with a great freekick goal after he played way below his abilities the whole game.