2021-22 Bundesliga Matchday 34: Borussia Dortmund vs Hertha BSC

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by BVBFNM, May 13, 2022.

1. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Final game of the season!

I feel like posting about our season in general. We are perhaps the worst ever second place in Bundesliga history, having conceded a grand total of 51 goals and possibly a few more. Most depressing thing for me isn't so much that Bayern have won ten seasons in a row, it's the fact that we comfortably secured second place despite our shambolic defending. We had the most accessible CL group in years and we still got relegated to the EL, and in the EL itself we were brushed aside by Rangers, and league wise we didn't just lose big games, we were humiliated, so this is an area where Rose really needs to step up. As for Rose himself, his disappointing campaigns in Europe notwithstanding, I admit I can't really be too harsh on him, as he's had to make do with a makeshift team for the entire season, even during pre-season, which leads me to our medical staff. For the past seven years there's always an injury crisis season after season, and this needs to be addressed.

I can only hope next season with the incoming reinforcements we can mount a proper challenge in the league, win another DFB-Pokal and make a deep run in the CL.

2. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    0:1 at halftime.
    Many goodbyes today, among them Zorc after 44 years and Schmelzer after 17 years although it seems he was only at the club the last two years due to his injuries.
    Hitz will leave the club as well and apparently the spot behind Kobel will go to a young goalie which is a bit scary. Hitz/Bürki were solid backups.

3. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Penalty... It would only be fitting Haaland takes it and misses it....

Edit : He almost did!! It touch the goaly touched it and it got deflected but still in the net. 1-1

4. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Zagadou leaves his last game with us because of injury!!

The irony is not lost on any of us...

dips82 and hava repped this.
  5. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    What a goal by Moukoko!!!! We may win our last game yet

6. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    The season is finally over with a 2-1 win... Lets quickly forget this season!!

BVBFNM repped this.
  7. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I feel like he could and should have got more playing time these last few weeks.

astrophyz repped this.
  8. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Game ends 2:1. I think our fans did appreciate the win even more due to us sending Hertha to the relegation games. That's some Schadenfreude.
    Stuttgart, you are welcome I guess. After all, we have to thank them for getting Favre out.

Pretty bad season overall. I know Bayern had nothing to play for in too many games but they won the league with 77 points which for their standards the last 10 years is almos10 points below their normal.

9. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Runner up conceded 52 goals, WOW.. Our defence is 11th worst in the league.. Damn.
    Did that ever happen in the other big 5 league? I cant remember that ridiculous stat

BVBFNM repped this.
  10. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Like I posted at the start of this thread, we are perhaps the worst ever second place in Bundesliga history, and most worrying is that we comfortably secured second place despite conceding 52 goals.

11. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Our back-up goalie that we signed will be the Hertha goalie that you saw play against us today.

12. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Yes, him and Unbehaun will be the ones fighting for the number 2 spot although there seem to be some contract issues with Lotka that could keep him another year in Berlin. He's still young and obviously both BVB and Hertha see something in him but the one thing that stood out for me in the second half was his atrocious ball distribution when he had to play long balls.
    Hitz was a decent backup goalie. If Kobel has an injury, I don't feel comfortable at the moment with these two options and I'm not even thinking about CL knockout games.