2021-22 Bundesliga Matchday 3: Borussia Dortmund vs TSG 1899 Hoffenheim

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by BVBFNM, Aug 26, 2021.

1. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I'm gonna be totally honest with you guys. I don't know why bother creating these threads since the same problems from the past four seasons persist. Vulnerability in set pieces, dropping points vs minnow teams and far too inconsistent to mount a proper challenge for the Bundesliga. Even worse is the fact that our management are aiming no higher than second in the league, but here we are.

2. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This is another game where points have often been dropped in the past, often due to horrible defending. A commanding performance would reinstall some belief that this year could be different, but I doubt it will happen.

3. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Its a labour of love.

Early team news suggest Meunier is back in the squad, but Hummels and Schulz might be absent.

4. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Kobel
    Meunier Witsel Akanji Guerreiro
    Dahoud
    Bellingham Reyna
    Reus
    Malen Haaland

So the diamond once again. Meunier is hopefully an upgrade but I fear we'll still struggle in defense. It will also be a question whether we can bring the ball forward in a way that puts the offense in promising situations.

5. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    We look bad in defense and Hoffenheim can win this with their style. They hit the post but we had more chances so far, mostly due to counter attacks.
    Hoffenheim play very physical. 2 early yellow cards for fouls with no regard for the other player's health that were just at the edge for reds.

6. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I get it, I feel the same way with the poor start for the season...

BVBFNM repped this.
  7. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    VAR? Hello?

8. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Am I crazy? How is that not a penalty? He almost brought Reus (who has 'weak' knees) to the infirmary right there in the box and never touch the ball!

It feels like those calls always only go against us!!!

BVBFNM and hava repped this.
  9. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Dahoud is playing well as is Reus. Malen has done some nice things, but losing the ball too often. Bellingham and Reyna haven't been great. Bellingham when he comes to receive deep losing the ball too often. Can't judge Meunier since this is his first game..

10. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Shaky start but we've dominated the game, however no end product. Malen looks like he's getting the hang of the team.

11. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Good half by us after Hoffenheim had the stronger start. After the first 15-20 minutes, it was almost complete control. Chances were there. Good pressing by us.

BVBFNM repped this.
  12. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Kobel is making friends today...

13. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    My stream stopped just when we scored. But we've looked shaky in the second half any only used the one chance we got.
    We better get back to playing football anytime soon because we surely cannot defend.
    And now Hoffenheim scores. We've been just horrible in the second half. Without Kobel, we would have looked way worse in these first 3 games.

14. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    But his friends let him down... 1-1 . This team has not learned....:mad::mad::mad:

15. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    What a strike from Bellingham!! 2-1
    Makes me think of that bullet from Kiel in his last year... but not quite as epic

16. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    2:1 Bellingham. It sucks that we needed Hoffenheim to score but it's a completely different game since they did.
    Brandt sub was also needed. Reyna scored but it was obvious that a change was needed. Just continue playing like this.

17. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Another great save by Kobel on a FK

18. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    As I was writing that my hope for the season was slipping away on a stupid goal allowed at the 90th minutes, Haaland scores to put us back in front merely seconds later!

We need to start a trend KEEP HAALAND at all cost!!

19. Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Member+

May 18, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Malaga all over again

20. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    And they get a FK as time expire...

21. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    ... but we win (luckily) !! Thanks (again) Mr Haaland

I'll have a long depression when/if Haaland goes...

22. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    And haaland plays with the crowd again! He loves it here! Lets keep him!

23. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    We conceded two goals for the third game in a row. Not good.

At least we have all three points.

See you in two weeks time after the international break.

24. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    It's a bit strange watching this team. You see some promising stuff, the team could easily score half a dozen goals with a bit more luck and getting used to each other more. But as soon as we our in our own half, it's shitting bricks time. Some of the players need time to get into rhythm and we need Hummels back but I'm not sure that alone will fix it. We get beat with simple long balls too often. It seems Kobel has 2-3 of those out of the box saves to bail the defense out every game. But all those issues aren't only on the defense.

I think a few players (Kobel, Dahoud) make us look better so far. Either the coach finds the right balance and gets the whole team to work or we'll inevitably lose more games.

podrinje and BVBFNM repped this.
  25. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Agreed. I would add Reus to that duo as well as it is largely thanks to his outstanding early season form that has carried our game for most of the time.