2021-22 Bundesliga Matchday 19: Borussia Dortmund vs SC Freiburg

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by BVBFNM, Jan 13, 2022.

1. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Freiburg are currently on a hot streak, which could spell trouble for us, but hopefully we can come out on top.

2. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
    I'de like to see Dest and Christeanson at the club ... meunier has stepped up, but I feel like the depth there is worrying, and who knows how Mourey turns out after that injury. I think that was perhaps the worst time for an injury of sorts, when he was just finding his feet. Hummels is getting older. Zagadou seems on his way out.

Akanji - Christenson w/ Hummels, Mane, Coulibaly, and Collins in the wings. Doesn't look like they will give Collins much of a shout. But I would be content with that.

Management need to step the fuk up ! And start playing Moukoko instead of chassing stupid loan deals for other club's players !!! Like y in Gods name would you try to loan a Ziyech or a Callum Hudson Odoi when you have Moukoko. What are these clowns doing man. Attack is set, Hallaand (leaving at end of year), Tiges (too raw, decentish backup), Reus, Hazaard, Malen, Moukoko ... and Reyna and Brandt can play SS and Wing in a pinch. Good enough. Get a striker to replace Halaand, u don't need to loan Reinier or Callum or Ziyech ... I don't understand these idiots man.

Alex C repped this.
  3. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Meunier 1:0. What a change that we are the ones taking advantage of a corner.

4. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Second goal after a corner, Meunier again.

5. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Haaland 3:0. Finally a well played attack from open play.

Good first half. There were a few other good chances for an even bigger lead.
    The team shows good movement and overall sharp, fast passing. Still too many avoidable mistakes in my opinion but in this game the difference is that we show a very aggressive pressing which lead to winning back the ball back in most of these cases. If we lose the ball, we don't give them any time to think for playing with more control.

6. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
  7. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Dahoud! 5-1!

8. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Freiburg had a good phase in the second half, working towards their second goal until Haaland put an end to all their hopes.

Besides the weaker first half of the second half, my other criticism remains that Rose doesn't give the youth players a chance, especially when the game is decided. There isn't much to gain from giving Witsel some playing time.
    Hopefully the issues that Can and Meunier have aren't longterm.

Alex C and BVBFNM repped this.
  9. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Also, you never know whether youth players can make the next step but I wouldn't be surprised to see Freiburg's Schade on a much better team soon. He seems to have some good attributes to become a very dangerous offensive weapon.

10. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Yeah. It really rankles me that Ansgar Knauff is never given any playtime.

Alex C repped this.
  11. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah I fully agree about giving youth more chances, I particularly want to see German/local talents get developed as they are the ones most likely to have a stronger attachment to the club, rather then just seeing it as a stepping stone.

In any case I thought it was a very good performance, especially pleased to see the strong form of both Dahoud and Brandt.

The midfield looked better balanced and the movement to create and utilise space out wide was better. And scoring 2 goals from corners was a pleasant surprise.