News: 2020 Season and Virus Talk

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by nbrooks503, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Ethos

Ethos Member+

Houston Dynamo
    Apr 28, 2019
    Houston
    I prefaced it with, "don't take this the wrong way." No, it was not a personal threat, I am an adult and don't threaten people on a forum, or anywhere else for that matter. My meaning and intention was clear, you are just wanting to be upset.

I am a live and let live person. You are not, people like you believe in force, so be it, I am not a sheep.

2. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    most new infections aren't kids at school it's people 20-50. Older teenagers are right behind them.
    All the people with the least worry for serious illness.

the schools are doing a good job controlling spread -

however, my daughter caught it from someone on her dance team either at school or at the HS football game.

we quarantined but no one else in the house caught it.

i have a 57 yo good friend who has been very careful but caught it recently and developed blood cots in the lungs. He had little warning, developing symptoms within two days and them hospitalized. He was a healthy individual before this - it apparently attacked the circulatory system and caused a deep vein thrombosis clots which then broke loose and travel to the lungs.

Covid is real and a true American makes an effort to protect his fellow citizens with appropriate cautions. Nobody is forcing you to a gulag and taking your bible or guns away.

3. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    “ignore the dead pile” LOL, why don’t you find some refrigerated temporary morgues that don’t exist and post some pics?

4. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you must be an angry little dwarf!!

5. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah ok whatever RINO.

6. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You must love this idea Doomer boy!! What a great idea to double down on masks that didn’t work the first time!!!! LOLOLOL

https://dailycaller.com/2021/02/04/...onavirus-send-government-masks-all-americans/

7. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Snowflake alert!!!! Like Snowflake Ted Kaczynski with the virus manifestos!!

8. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacobson_v._Massachusetts

with a 1905 understanding of medicine we already decided mandatory vaccinations are legal.

done deal. you misunderstand your rights. feel free to pull your guns on vaccination workers just like you smashed the capitol up over losing an election. if we mandate — don’t pretend you’re following the law or doing god’s work.

9. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    you’re still not explaining why the one saying we are stuck is the optimist and the one pointing to the exit to peace is the doomer.

boring.

10. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you’re the loser who is stuck on lockdowns, I’m out living my life. You’d rather be locked down and pretending you’re “right” than actually like going out and doing things

11. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hey - why don’t you move to Australia? No guns, no rights, no virus!!!!!

12. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know what I enjoy the most about this @juvechelsea ? You wasting your time on these lengthy deranged responses to us while stewing about how the rest of us won’t “do our part” to stop the virus. While we all do what we want and you are stuck welded into your house in fear

13. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    all the happy talk is malarkey because you don’t know until you come out the other side that it was mild or hospital or the morgue. it’s boring to watch the whole progression of “it’s nothing, i’m sick, it’s real,” and then if they are a politician they circle back to “it’s nothing (when they think we’ve forgotten).”. any idiot can add up the thousands of kids and young adults dead. it’s not very high but it’s not zero.

it’s particularly silly when you realize people like trump were not just talking smack then sick BUT WERE HIGH RISK TO BEGIN WITH. a decent chunk of the people saying it will be mild are actually high risk and basically science deniers pretending like they did a risk assessment. nothing an expert says that would make you change behavior is ever good science.

we are basically at peak covid, and there may be nastier variants coming, anyone saying let your guard down now specifically is nuts. that’s like you were annoyed to be told to go in during a hurricane and are going out in the middle of the storm from boredom. that’s not science. that’s not math. that’s i don’t believe in hurricanes, i don’t believe one will get me.

14. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    the funny thing is i get treated like crazy political when i went to a biden fundraiser as the wife’s plus one (she is political) and couldn’t stand the political bullsh*t. i’m already a little frustrated with biden so far. i’m about facts, science, math. facts are this thing is bad news and we won’t know we’re ok til we’re other side and zeroed out. i wish people well but cover your butt too. and for me 10% who go to hospital die so i am not f*cking around. this country is supersized, not fit, and the last people who need to be talking low risk.

i mean, don’t the numbers themselves suggest you’re wrong on the risk? 450k? you were mr. flu. we are way beyond flu. this is not “upsell my car purchase” or “buy apple stock,” people die from this cheerleading.

15. Ethos

Ethos Member+

Houston Dynamo
    Apr 28, 2019
    Houston
    You do know there is a difference between law and justice right? I'm not an anti-vaxxer, ill take mine as soon as I can get it. But to hear you, seemingly gleefully, wishing people had NO RIGHT to say no was chilling. Knowing that people like you exist, well it reinforces exercising certain Amendments for me. Your absolute faith in the government would be amusing except for the fact that you would gladly enable it and that would be very bad for me.

nbrooks503 and Westside Cosmo repped this.
  16. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Waaahhhhh, cry some more pneumonia loser boy!!!

17. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So people die from me going to Shake Shack for lunch?

18. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since @juvechelsea doesn’t care about the kids, he probably doesn’t understand any of this Twitter thread, but it’s a decent read and everyone should be greatful they live in Texas

19. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This idiot apparently missed AOC crying and lying about the danger she faced

20. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey @juvechelsea , @AcetheTigah , @Dynamo_Forever , other virus doomers - how do you explain this:

21. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    They didn't "have to" ban fans. Australia makes a more human-centered calculation on the virus and tries to not get anyone sick. So when they have any cases at all they briefly lock down or close out fan events. We see cases as a cost of doing business and tolerate stuff like 2700 cases in HISD since they reopened. There are lists of countries out there with less than 2700 cases.

As a result Australia has 909 dead. Total. Or as we call it, "deaths between 12am and 8am Tuesday." And if you are familiar with Oz when they aren't locked down it goes back to pretty much normal. Not "pretend normal." Actual normal, like no one in the whole town is newly infected.

We have been idiotically sold the idea that economy opposes public health when they support each other. The economy will recover when people find it safe to go out in numbers.

The reality as hinted at by gun totting jerks who also don't want to get vaccinated is we have a hard-right-wing libertarian thing going where people think the ideal is creation of an unsafe "free" community. Only we have the insane virus and gun violence problems we do.

25. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    The worst year of the 1918 flu was year 2 and some have argued the virus mutated along the way. With a virus that can get worse a wise person only spikes the football when literally standing in the end zone.

How many iterations have we gone through of y'all underestimating stuff? No big deal? Not as bad as your strenuous flus? Over by easter? I'm trusting the people who said the winter would suck and predicted reality.

The weird part is y'all can be cold blooded about the Dynamo but can't apply it to the rest of reality. The rest of reality is that the more people a virus gets sick the more chance it has to mutate, including to mutate worse/ out of the vaccine. So your cute little Scott Atlas herd immunity intellectual trash actually increases the likelihood it gets out of control of the vaccines being prepared.

You waved off the Manaus discussion but they went for "herd" and then got sick again from the variant, which suggests they achieved neither.