2020 red stars

Discussion in 'Chicago Red Stars' started by Fanaddict, Jan 7, 2020.

1. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I'm assuming in order to make the deal happen and keep ALL USWNT allocated players in Chicago, the Red Stars had to give up a player equal in status. That would be Yuki the only other National Team Player (Japan).

2. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I doubt that Louisville would have entered into this deal unless Nagasato already has bought into it, the same with McCaskill. You all have been posting about Nagasato, but I think McCaskill is a significant loss too.

And, good for the Red Stars for getting out front on this.

59Amerinorsk, lil_one and MRAD12 repped this.
  3. tiaotnszn

tiaotnszn Member

Chicago Red Stars
    United States
    Nov 13, 2019
    As a Macario fan, I wonder if these same financial considerations maybe make a trade for the #1 pick more desirable for the organization. She will probably need allocation money this year, but then going forward she will probably be paid by USSF for the next decade or however much longer the USSF-NWSL agreement exists.

4. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    You are right about the buy-in. McCaskill IMO, is a good player, but her issue is in her head. If you remember last year's Championship game, Kerr lost her nerves with her. She just never seemed to fit in the flow. She played hard, tough, went for every ball, but Red Stars midfield with Brian, Colaprico, DiBernardo is a finesse midfield. Up front she didn't quite jell with any of the forwards consistently and times she would go off on her own tangent outside of the shape the team was trying to keep.

I don't know that's what I saw. Hopefully she will do well and find her niche in Louisville. I would like to see her do well.

cchchaplain and blissett repped this.
  5. Jiggly_333

Jiggly_333 Member+

Chicago Fire
    Mar 8, 2015
    Corner of Bedlam and Squalor (It's that way ->)
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    My question is what plan do the Red Stars have to get a new goalscorer on the attack? Because McCaskill was starting to look like that person, but now she's gone.

59Amerinorsk and MRAD12 repped this.
  6. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Well, Watt will be the go to forward unless they get another star forward. Sarah Luebert seemed to do well up front with Watt.

IMO, with Kerr gone there was no need to keep Yuki. Watt requires a different type of partner up front and with that midfield and Ertz possibly moving up to midfield with Davidson healthy, there may not be be room for Yuki in midfield either. as Brian Colaprico, DiBernardo play a certain style.

But you are right. Red Stars need a forward that can score consistently.

59Amerinorsk and Jiggly_333 repped this.
  7. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    59Amerinorsk and blissett repped this.
  8. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

59Amerinorsk and blissett repped this.
  9. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  10. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have been meaning to say for a while that MRAD12, it has been nice to see you active here on BS over the recent months. I hope you are well, as am I.

blissett and MRAD12 repped this.
  11. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Thank you my old friend! So far so good. Glad you are doing well. Trying to do all the right things. Let's all take this serious, stay safe and meet again at future games!

blissett and cpthomas repped this.
  12. tiaotnszn

tiaotnszn Member

Chicago Red Stars
    United States
    Nov 13, 2019
    I haven't seen it mentioned here, but did anyone read the article talking about the new KC onwers where Arnim said that he was seeking another owner to help with investment and that an announcement should be expected in the new year?

I remember hearing from a Fire insider shortly after they changed ownership that their new owner (Joe Mansueto) was looking to buy the Red Stars too. Now, just recently, there as a leaked redesign of the Fire logo that apparently looked kind of similar to the Red Stars logo. I'm really wondering now if Mansueto has bought at least a part of the team.

13. Jiggly_333

Jiggly_333 Member+

Chicago Fire
    Mar 8, 2015
    Corner of Bedlam and Squalor (It's that way ->)
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Interesting trade. I like it.

59Amerinorsk repped this.
  14. threemileallan

Jun 17, 2006
    No one has any thoughts on the Mal Pugh trade?

I like it. Fringe uwnt player so maybe does or doesn't take up a national slot on the team but still has the cache and potential to live up to that.

Alyssa, Short, Ertz, Brian, Dibernado, Watt, Pugh...

Not bad. Needs a little more playmaking I think but pretty good imo