2020 red stars

Discussion in 'Chicago Red Stars' started by Fanaddict, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. liesse00

liesse00 Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What does the current roster look like?

Jiggly_333 repped this.
  3. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    59Amerinorsk and Jiggly_333 repped this.
  4. Jiggly_333

Jiggly_333 Member+

Chicago Fire
    Mar 8, 2015
    Corner of Bedlam and Squalor (It's that way ->)
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  5. liesse00

liesse00 Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice to see Dani Rhodes get a shot.

6. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    How are you handling this my friend? Can't go to Fire games, can't go to Red Stars games. For me this summer has been frustrating to say the least.

Fanaddict, 59Amerinorsk and Jiggly_333 repped this.
  7. Jiggly_333

Jiggly_333 Member+

Chicago Fire
    Mar 8, 2015
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I started a Chicago soccer podcast back in late December with a couple other minor Fire writer friends and we've had the running joke about how I hadn't been outside in so long. Just recently I ended it by going to the library after 177 days without leaving the house. I feel like the lack of soccer's only heightened the disappointment from a lot of the soccer I've seen. The Fire haven't done well and the Red Stars were incredibly frustrating to watch. Overall not a good time.

MRAD12 repped this.
  8. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tough loss 2-1. Losing kerr, now ertz and then macaskel to a red card is too tough to overcome.

9. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Somehow, I imagine a hornbill feeding you through a narrow slit in one window :giggle:

Jiggly_333 repped this.
  10. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Say hi to your dad and hope to see you guys in the stands next season, Fire and Red Stars.

Jiggly_333 repped this.
  11. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Just want to say, not a smart play by Savannah on the second yellow. I know she wants to play hustle but not slide tackle, cleats up with a yellow card.

I always thought that in last year's Championship game when Kerr yelled at her, it was not for a bad pass or two, but lack of intelligent play in that game. That's why Yuki and Kerr made such good partners is that Yuki's soccer intelligence was up there with Sam's.

59Amerinorsk, blissett and Jiggly_333 repped this.
  12. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aggravating stupid back pass lets Washington tie the game.

59Amerinorsk repped this.
  13. Jiggly_333

Jiggly_333 Member+

Chicago Fire
    Mar 8, 2015
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I didn't expect anything out of this game and I wasn't disappointed. It was the most "meh" game I've ever watched. It felt like nothing happened, even though two goals were scored.

Fanaddict repped this.
  14. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Rory making moves:

15. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Sad that Yuki moves to Louisville: now both the pieces of the wonderful 2019 duo, Kerr and Nagasato, left Chicago.

MRAD12 repped this.
  16. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I was gonna say Yuki can stay in Japan though if she does not want to play for Louisville?

17. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    #47 MRAD12, Oct 26, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    In my opinion, I think some of it is protecting the players that have been with the CRS for a long time and some may be from financial side. They want to keep the USWNT players for obvious reason but also because they are free. They unload two players with contracts and housing costs. Losing Yuki is disappointing.

As for Arin Wright she is now married with child living in Chicago, moving back to Kentucky may not be viable. Mrs. Watt is part of the plan for next year and beyond, many local players on this team. They aren't going anywhere. I think Naeher is comfortable with Goalkeeper Coach Rade in Chicago and so is the National Team.

Morgan Brian is now in Chicago with her husband who is Academy Coach for local Club FC United. Colaprico has said Chicago is her second home, DiBernardo, Short, Gorden, and some of recent draft picks are all from Chicago.

I agree on keeping the core of this team for next season. The year after that may be another story.
    Just a thought.

Not sure why they had to give up that 1st round draft pick though.

blissett repped this.
  18. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I mentioned over in the Louisville thread the other day that Arnim had mentioned that almost all of the Chicago players are well-established in the Chicago area, and MRAD went into with a few specific examples, so trading away an international player (or, as it may be, the rights to an international player) may have been the best way to avoid a more-stressful uprooting situation.

MRAD's point about protecting allocated players may also explain why this trade "looks" expensive from Chicago's side. A USWNTer is, at least on paper, "more valuable" than an international player is (though we all know how damn good Yuki is,) and the fact that Yuki *could* stay in Japan probably raised the price a bit more still.

At the very least, Louisville now has more bargaining pieces to use with other teams, so things have definitely gotten interesting.

lil_one, blissett and MRAD12 repped this.
  19. Jiggly_333

Jiggly_333 Member+

Chicago Fire
    Mar 8, 2015
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I'm just sad about Yuki.

blissett repped this.
  20. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree with the above, but losing Nagasato still hurt. It was just one of the better options to protect other core players:

1320747262318968832 is not a valid tweet id

Jiggly_333, MRAD12 and blissett repped this.