2020 Penn State

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by dmthomas49, Mar 28, 2020.

1. West Ender

West Ender Member

Dec 28, 2020
    Southwest
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    PSU remains at # 6 in the latest poll. The OSU moves up to # 22 and Rutgers is receiving votes.

upload_2021-4-8_8-7-5.png

Attached Files:

2. nocarters

nocarters Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Oct 22, 2018
    Georgia
    Anybody catch the game against Iowa? Did not see that result coming.. especially Penn St being shut out.

3. West Ender

West Ender Member

Dec 28, 2020
    Southwest
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, I saw it and I was thoroughly disappointed. It was the worst I've seen them play all season.
    Although, to be honest, I missed their 1st game against Rutgers (PSU lost 3-2 and, for some reason, the replay isn't available on BTN+).
    My initial reaction was that Iowa had a great defensive strategy, played disciplined, and the players were committed to the game plan.
    The Hawkeye's scored on a breakaway (PSU had a bad defensive breakdown).
    There were 2 such breakaways, but, other than that, PSU limited Iowa's offensive attacks.
    One Iowa player got red-carded with about 29 minutes remaining and the Lions still could not score.
    Penn State played disjointed and some players were trying to do too much on their own.
    I think it was a good wake-up match, and I'm glad it happened now, rather than in the NCAA tourney.
    I'm only upset that PSU missed out on playing another match; they need more practice games before the tourney.

nocarters repped this.