2020 Olympics rosters

Discussion in '2020 Women's Olympics Soccer' started by lil_one, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Some major changes in China squad.

4 players with 0 caps
    3 players with 1 cap
    1 player with 2 caps
    1 player with 3 caps
    13 players in total under 10 caps.

I wonder if Li Ying coming out the other day had something to with this... :unsure:

kolabear repped this.
  2. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did have to come back and update with Robertson's correct birthdate but it only changed by a smidge:

New Zealand:

Average age: 26.75 or 26 years and 274 days (oldest: Riley, 33; youngest: Rennie, 20)

Surprisingly, I had all of the birthdates that I was unsure of on Zambia's roster spot on.

3. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    China:

Average age: 26.33 or 26 years and 122 days (oldest: Ding Xuan, 32; youngest: Jin Kun, 21)
    Olympic newbies: 18 (Zhu Yu, Li Mengwen, Lin Yuping, Li Qingtong, Zhang Xin, Wang Yan, Miao Siwen, Wang Yanwen, Peng Shimeng, Yang Lina, Liu Jing, Wang Xiaoxue, Luo Guiping, Warigumula, Wang Ying, Xiao Yuyi, Jin Kun, Ding Xuan)
    # not on the 2019 WWC roster: 14 (Zhu Yu, Li Mengwen, Li Qingtong, Zhang Xin, Miao Siwen, Wang Yanwen, Yang Lina, Liu Jing, Yang Man, Wang Xiaoxue, Warigumula, Xiao Yuyi, Jin Kun, Ding Xuan)

JanBalk and Lechus7 repped this.
  4. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Updated teams, from oldest to youngest:

1. USA: 30.18
    2. Brazil: 29.15
    3. Sweden: 27.92
    4. Canada: 27.54
    5. Netherlands: 27.31
    6. Great Britain: 27.14
    7. Chile: 27.0
    8. Australia: 26.99
    9. New Zealand: 26.75
    10. China: 26.33
    11. Japan: 25.11
    12. Zambia: 22.98

I may come back this weekend and do some double checking now that we have official squad lists, but otherwise unless there are any last minute changes, this is it.

datschge, JanBalk, kolabear and 5 others repped this.
  5. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Thanks for your effort @lil_one :thumbsup:

kolabear and blissett repped this.
  6. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    toad455, kolabear and blissett repped this.
  7. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At least one member of China's 2019 World Cup Goon Squad is included in the roster, Shanshan Wang, who committed various sorts of criminal offenses at the last World Cup, including breaking Dzsenifer Maroszan's toe in a group stage match.

8. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just saw that Formiga is the FIRST Olympic athlete, male or female, to go to 7 Olympics in a team sport. Only 31 athletes total, so far, have gone to 7 or more Olympics:

9. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Saying "Impressive" is not enough to even start to describe it. :notworthy:

10. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, besides 3 of 4 of the semifinalists coming from Group G, I thought this was the best place to point out that 3 of 4 of the oldest teams in the tournament advanced to the semis (US, Sweden, Canada). :barefoot:

11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yes, I had noticed that already on the Nadeshiko Japan thread, wondering if, given the results, cutting most of the veterans and bringing the youngest NT at this tournament after Zambia had really been a wise move.

Japan and USA played the WWC finals in 2011 and 2015: USA brought to these Olympics 4 players that were in 2011's final (Lloyd, Morgan, Rapinoe, Heath), Japan half of that, only 2 (Kumagai, Iwabuchi), having unreasonably cut Sameshima just before the tournament, thus leaving a big hole (unsolvable with the current generation) at the Left Full-Back position. :unsure: