2020 NWSL Draft

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by liesse00, Oct 25, 2019.

1. EHaz

EHaz Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Mar 23, 2017
    Little late to the party but a few quick points and observations from an avid fan and watcher of women's college soccer. I've watched Ashley Sanchez quite a bit since she was coming up with the youth national teams and saw her play in college. She's a fantastic player. Great technical ability and quick feet and her upside is really high. She was on par with Mallory Pugh as they were coming up. Both earned call ups to the senior NT camps and it wasn't until much later that Pugh really separated herself. I think the discussion about her lack of physicality is a bit overblown. I've seen her ride some pretty hard challenges, get up and come at the same defenders and beat them. She has a fearlessness and confidence about her that i admire. Can she get stronger? yes. can she be tougher? yes. I don't think she put great emphasis on that during her college career and as a result, she struggled a bit against more physical opponents. But i think those are all things she can improve on by hitting the weight room. She does get frustrated and display poor body language when things aren't going well but she still goes 100%. In a few years i think she'll develop into a great player at the next level.

Another player i'm high on, Ally Watt. An absolute steal for the courage at #6. If we were drafting on potential, i have her solidly at #2 behind Sophia Smith. She has raw, unrefined talent. Big, strong, powerful, and fast. If she puts it together i think she has all the tools and potential to be a star.

CoachJon, McSkillz and Klingo3034 repped this.
  2. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

ANGEL CITY FC, UCLA BRUINS
    United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I only support teams with Bruins on their roster so I'm absolutely ecstatic