2020 National Team Thread [R]

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by La Trucha, Jan 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Seeing Dustin on that list is so weird where is he even at right now? Also they couldn’t call up Kevin.

Blue_nation724 repped this.
  2. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Guatemala, no?

3. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    He's was released from his club and he doesn't have a club at the moment. I found the call up strange too. A lot of players that aren't performing well either.

La Trucha repped this.
  4. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Probably for the best. His club seems to be looking out for him. Who knows it might be a sign he might get some playing time with his club. I rather see him play for the youth teams for now. The senior team was great for the training and maybe a substitute experience. FESFUT was probably was trying to cap tie him as soon as possible.

La Trucha repped this.
  5. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I highly doubt he’ll be representing Oranje or Finland. He’s already stated he’s keen to represent El Salvador.

SamKnight repped this.
  6. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  7. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    He could have been called up against the U.S. match. The federation never helped speed up the process to join the national team.

Bryan might go to Europe eventually if he ends up playing well in Colombia, but Colombia has better options in Italy, Germany, Spain, and Portugal that are already playing really well in those countries. Even with their younger forwards playing in Argentina. He might get capped tied with Colombia if he plays an official match with the youth team and won't have a senior team to play in. Not good enough for Colombia senior team and not being able to play for El Salvador being cap tied with another country. Even if he plays an unofficial match with Colombia youth team, I think that will make the process longer and harder for the federation to process for Bryan to join the national team.

I might be wrong. I heard or read somewhere FIFA change some things with players that have multi-nationality that have played for one country, but then want to play with another. It was suppose to be more lenient compared to the old rules.

SamKnight repped this.
  8. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  9. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Did it need to? Moreno and Zavaleta don’t want to represent ES for whatever reason.

10. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

Amando Moreno elige a El Salvador sobre México y USA
    https://us.as.com/us/2020/10/07/futbol/1602039489_134914.html

Salvadoreño es goleador en la USL y quiere jugar para la Selecta
    https://futbolcentroamerica.com/not...iere-jugar-para-la-Selecta-20201005-0004.html

Amando Moreno elige jugar para El Salvador y deja de lado a Estados Unidos
    https://us.marca.com/claro/futbol/mls/2020/10/07/5f7dab34268e3e8f0b8b45cc.html

Toronto FC defender Eriq Zavaleta exploring option to play for El Salvador
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017...iq-zavaleta-exploring-option-play-el-salvador

Eriq Zavaleta could soon become an El Salvador international
    https://www.wakingthered.com/toront...e-an-el-salvador-international-toronto-fc-mls

Amando recently stated he wanted to join the national team. Eriq wanted to but his paperwork wasn't done and when he could he was out of form, injured, and repeat. Eriq has been fine the past 2 seasons now.

11. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I’m aware of these news, and the Zavaleta articles are from 2017. Maybe they changed their minds.

12. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Or an odd attempt at leverage, TBF Zavaleta was really hoping for a call up during the early Klinsmann run when he was calling players with Latin blood. Then when Bruce took over and it felt like he was dead set on showing that MLS players can keep up.

13. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I think the 2022 World Cup cycle would likely be the last chance for Zavaleta to play international football. I can’t see him (or Moreno or Perez) playing for USMNT.

14. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    It was brought up in the Mexico forum that it feels more like the USMNT is just cap tying Latin players just to keep them from going elsewhere. But Zavaleta hasn’t said jack in a while so I think it’s okay to close the door on him.

SamKnight repped this.
  15. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Speaking of Salvadoran-Americans choosing not to represent ES, it looks like Alex Roldan of Seattle Sounders has chosen to represent Guatemala.

Blue_nation724 and edcalvi repped this.
  16. Guanaco Azul

Guanaco Azul Member

Nov 17, 2015
    Club:
    Club Deportivo FAS
    Does anyone know how we are lining up today? I think the only given is the goalkeeper since we only have one.

17. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Here you go.

La Trucha repped this.
  18. Willsant87

Willsant87 Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    We got nothing.

19. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    If this is the “base” that he is going in with we are ********ed.

20. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Just tuned in now to see 4-0 at the 24th minute.

And we wonder why Zavaleta, Moreno, Perez, Roldan and Gil Hurtado don’t want to play for ES.

21. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Zavaleta and Moreno just want any nation to call them up let’s be honest here. Won’t speak on the others.

But man this is also showing why them forgoing friendlies prior to the pandemic was going to hurt badly.

SamKnight and La Trucha repped this.
  22. Rozr1

Rozr1 New Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Man been couple years since I login in here i think, been lurking last 2 weeks or so curious what the national team had been upto since I had enough of them. Watching this game I remember why I stop following them, damn.

SamKnight, slaminsams, La Trucha and 2 others repped this.
  23. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    You see a lot of factors come into play with this ass whooping.

1) The fact that we have the slowest league around so anything with a bit of speed kills them.

2) A coach with tactics that don’t take advantage of player strengths.

3) Calling the same old same old instead of fostering competition for spots.

24. Guanaco Azul

Guanaco Azul Member

Nov 17, 2015
    Club:
    Club Deportivo FAS
    #124 Guanaco Azul, Dec 9, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
    I’m right there with you. I haven’t been following since we lost Lara as head coach. Any progress has stopped under these last few head coaches. I was excited since Hugo became our official scout and seeing promising young players but it might be a few years before we see any positive results from these findings. It’s tough when we don’t call up some of our best like Bonilla and Santamaría who create for us.
    Also benching Punyed is tough to see. Would have liked to have seen Mayen and Oscar Ceren experience out there too

Willsant87 repped this.
  25. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Is it me or do these players not wanna play? Like only Dominguez is legit hustling. Marroquin and Rivas are utter trash. Please stop calling them up. Monterossa, Ceren, and Chicho look HORRIFIC. Pineda looks SO much slower than before (so sad to see). Not bringing players like Rivera & Santamaría shows how stupid De Los Cobos is. We gotta fire him. There’s no saving grace, we gotta fire that pathetic coach.

slaminsams, Willsant87 and Guanaco Azul repped this.