2020 MLS Jersey Thread

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by Darkwing McQuack, Nov 13, 2019.

1. harrylee773

harrylee773 Member+

Jul 28, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Miami with the light pink shorts that look good but don't really stand out against the white shirt. If they wear those with the black jersey it might be one of the better looks in the league.

LainfordExpress repped this.
  2. wolvesfirehope

Chicago Fire, Detroit City FC, Swansea City, Chicago Red Stars, Edgewater Castle
    United States
    Apr 6, 2018
    yeah, you can barely tell they are pink.

*I can barely tell they are pink

3. LainfordExpress

Columbus Crew SC; Los Angeles FC; Heart of Midlothian FC, Arsenal FC
    United States
    Jul 1, 2018
    Los Angeles, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m at the game thinking how dope pink shirt with black shorts would look would look for them.

TKyle repped this.
  4. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    FWIW, the team wore red shorts during preseason and basically acknowledged that they were guilted into it by fans and Pablo Maurer.

Alejandro 10 repped this.
  5. Daniel from Montréal

Aug 4, 2000
    Montréal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    [​IMG]

6. BookerT

BookerT Member

Mar 27, 2007
    NC
    They should name the shade of pink in their uniforms “dope pink”

7. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm kind of curious (and bored with this quarantine), of whatever NCAA schools use Adidas (no clue who that would be), were any of them planning on using the three stripes over the shoulder template (was that even offered in the NCAA?).

This template would look best just as a blank jersey, but might look OK for some colleges.

8. TheEmperor14

TheEmperor14 BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2011
    Down the road
    Club:
    Pohang Steelers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Short answer is no you will not see that. That is not allowed by NCAA. Nike did a good job of lobbying the NCAA to have the area of a sponsor mark matter on collegiate uniforms. This is also why you do not see 3 stripes on college football jerseys, but it is on the practice jerseys of adidas supplied football teams.

sitruc, AlbertCamus and Nacional Tijuana repped this.
  9. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Northwestern football used three stripes once like fifteen years ago, but that was nixed pretty quickly.

10. wolvesfirehope

Chicago Fire, Detroit City FC, Swansea City, Chicago Red Stars, Edgewater Castle
    United States
    Apr 6, 2018
    in college, your uni can only have one maker's mark per clothing item and it has to be within a certain size restriction. the traditional layout of the three stripes- as you see on the mls/ pro kits or other pro unis- count as a marker's mark, so being on both sleeves wouldn't be allowed even if they weren't too big.

11. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Go Cats!

12. RefIADad

RefIADad Member+

United States
    Aug 18, 2017
    Des Moines, IA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When we get back to normal, Miami has a fantastic color scheme with the pink and black. They could pretty much do any combination of shorts, shirts, and socks in pink, black, and white and look sharp.

harrylee773 repped this.
  13. harrylee773

harrylee773 Member+

Jul 28, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh yeah- I’m a Palermo fan, so definitely can appreciate the appeal of those colors. Hopefully Miami leans into the pink a little harder with their next uniform set than they did this time around.

14. unlikelyfan19

unlikelyfan19 Member

Fiorentina
    United States
    May 29, 2018
    soccersubjectively and harrylee773 repped this.
  15. carnifex2005

carnifex2005 Member+

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    harrylee773 repped this.
  16. TheEmperor14

May 31, 2011
    Down the road
    Club:
    Pohang Steelers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah, it's not that bad. Just going on the sleeves for the tournament. LigaMx allows a ton more. The belly Home Depot on Club America jerseys cracks me up every time.

17. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. aztec21bas

aztec21bas BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 24, 2009
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What is the deal with the sleeve sponsors? I thought each team was allowed 1? Also, does anyone know what the “bumper sticker” on the back of the jerseys is?

19. TheEmperor14

May 31, 2011
    Down the road
    Club:
    Pohang Steelers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wolvesfirehope, USA94 and JasonMa repped this.
  20. Daniel from Montréal

Aug 4, 2000
    Montréal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Montreal wore black shorts with their grey kits, as opposed to white shorts earlier in the year.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. harrylee773

harrylee773 Member+

Jul 28, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #321 harrylee773, Jul 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    That's a good looking matchup there- neither team is in monochrome, neither has plain white jersey/shorts or socks. Wish this was the standard rather than a rarity in this league.

soccerbetic, RefIADad and wolvesfirehope repped this.
  22. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Both look cool.

23. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. RefIADad

RefIADad Member+

United States
    Aug 18, 2017
    Des Moines, IA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I watched a replay of the Toronto-Montreal game during breakfast this morning. That alternate Montreal kit is really sharp (except, of course, for the dumb three-stripe shoulder motif). It just shows that even if you have a light kit/dark kit mandate that you don't need to just revert to boring, all-white kits.

I've been long on record as saying that every team should have an all-white kit. However, that can be an emergency kit to wear in the event that primary and secondary kits produce clashes. The best example of where a boring, all-white kit would have been helpful was in last year's Portland-Seattle match at Providence Park. Seattle's black secondary clashed with Portland's primary, and Portland would have been forced to wear it's white secondary at home.

I get that some teams like the Galaxy use white as their primary kit. If that's the case, no issues. The Galaxy can design their white kit with all of the cool stuff they want since it's the primary kit. If every team had a boring all-white kit (just provide a template and slap the logos/numbers/sponsors on them), then they could be much more creative with their primary and secondary kit options if they chose to do so.

wolvesfirehope repped this.
  25. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm also scared that we're slowly heading the way of Liga MX when it comes to ads on team uniforms. The sleeve sponsors being used this year don't look too bad, but now we have a shirt front sponsor and 2 sleeve sponsors. If we then logically proceed to to having a shirt back sponsor some will say its a only return to the beginnings of the league. I still remember the Metros and how they had Fuji film on the back underneath the numbers. I think the LA Galaxy had Corona on the back of their shirt in those early days of the league. Then after the back sponsors are approved (believe me i can see it happening) the next thing is a shirt belly sponsor (bottom half of shirt), then a small sponsor on the top side of the shirt opposite side of the team logo, right underneath the adidas logo where there's usually just space. The next thing is short sponsors, and then ads on the socks. Before we know it we're looking like NASCAR. :cry: