PBP: 2020 House and Senate Elections (Maybe even State level)

Discussion in 'Elections' started by ceezmad, May 16, 2019.

?

Will Congress stay divided after the 2020 election

Poll closed Nov 6, 2020.
  1. Yes, different parties will control each chamber.

17 vote(s)
    45.9%
  2. No, Republicans will keep the Senate and retake the House of Reps.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, Democrats will keep the House of Reps and retake the Senate.

18 vote(s)
    48.6%
  4. No, a great 3rd party take over of Congrees will happen.

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  1. Pønch

Pønch Saprissista

Aug 23, 2006
    Donde siempre
    You knew this was coming...

2. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA

Between her, Eric Swalwell, and Eric Garcetti - California has an interesting debate for Diane Fienstein's replacement in 2024. She'll have to survive a midterm election with a Dem in the White House in 2022 however, while being a congresswoman in traditionally Republican OC.

EDIT

Plus a handful others, such as Libby Schaaf (Oakland Mayor) and London Breed (SF Mayor). All of this while Newsom preps for a White House run for either 24 or 28.

xtomx repped this.
  3. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's the name of my Style Council cover band.

chaski, appoo, CFnwside and 1 other person repped this.
  4. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know this is a pretty long shot but good to make Lindsey sweat...

A new Civiqs poll in South Carolina finds Sen. Lindsey Graham (R) and Jaime Harrison (D) locked in a tie for the U.S. Senate, 42% to 42%.

sitruc, American Brummie and EvanJ repped this.
  5. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I just chipped in a few bucks to Jaime Harrison's campaign.

I want to see Lindsey Graham lose.

I also tossed a few bucks towards Amy McGrath's attempt to send Mitch McConnell packing. That would be the most satisfying result possible.

McConnell has done more damage to democracy than any other American in my lifetime, including Nixon and Newt Gingrich.

6. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am jumping on actBlue and will send somke bucks to Jaime as well. Will also send to Bullocks, Gideon and Cunningham (Kelly and Hick are a done deal).
    Will send to Joe as well.

xtomx repped this.
  7. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

8. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why not send money to the Maine, Colorado, Arizona, North Carolina, Montana, and Iowa races? They are the actual races.

9. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because it makes the RNC spend money on races that should be secure. That way they have less money to spend on the races that are competitive.

10. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bullocks is Montana, Gideon is Maine and Cunningham is NC. As mentioned I sent them some bucks. Colorado and Arizona are done deals at this point.

xtomx repped this.
  11. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bye Felicia...

A new Keating-Onsight-Melanson poll of likely voters in Colorado finds former Gov. John Hickenlooper (D) is ahead of Sen. Cory Gardner (R) by 18 percentage points in the U.S. Senate race, 54% to 36% with 9% undecided.

The poll also found Joe Biden leading Donald Trump by a 19 percentage point margin in the presidential race, 55% to 36%.

JohnR, SetPeace and sitruc repped this.
  12. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nope. Trump has tried to damage democracy by being an authoritarian asshole.
    McConnell has succeeded.

Matrim55, dapip and SetPeace repped this.
  13. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry didn't catch those. My bad!

No that's fair too. And if we get lucky in one of the SC/KY/KS/AL races...and donating for SC senate helps the SC Cunningham.

charlie15 and SetPeace repped this.
  14. SetPeace

SetPeace Member+

Jun 22, 2004
    SC Illinois
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Lindsey Graham loses in a place like South Carolina, I think I'd go into an ecstasy coma.

charlie15 repped this.
  15. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I was going to post this but thought you already had.

Yea Hick is who I have to vote for here. He’s not my favorite. I met his D-opposition in Denver and he seemed like a really sincere guy. I just knew he didn’t have the deep pockets that Hick has. Disappointing, but this is the year of removing red incumbents in the most effective way possible

charlie15 repped this.
  16. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hick is the guy who used to shout at me in the train when I got off the plane at DIA. He's a hero.

Boandlkramer repped this.
  17. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I caucused for Romanoff this year and I think that he’s genuinely the best guy for the job, and I can tell you that his campaign is gonna have a hard time in the primary next month for two reasons:

1. Money

2. At the end of the day, Colorado Dems statewide — especially ones in deeply red parts — aren’t as blue as those of us on the Front Range. If only the area from Denver to Boulder to FoCo were a state, Romanoff would cruising to the nomination. But the rest of the state’s Dems are gonna give us Hick. And he’s fine.

18. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’ve never seen a governor more in love with a TV camera or a mic than John Hickenlooper. I’ve seen Jared Polis on TV less in the first 16 months that he’s been in office — even with daily COVID-19 briefings — than I saw Hick in the first month. And it was the same when he was Mayor of Denver!

American Brummie repped this.
  19. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    I would just like to brag that I'm buddies with Hickenlooper's cousin. You can send me my money via inbox.

American Brummie and charlie15 repped this.
  20. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pueblo and Colorado Springs, too many moderate Dems for Romanoff.

21. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And to be frank, Romanoff’s environmental stances aren’t gonna be that popular — even among Dems — with folks on the eastern plains, where there’s a lot of oil and gas, or in the northwestern part of the state, where there’s a lot of coal.

22. CFnwside

CFnwside Member+

Jan 25, 2001
    Humboldt Park
    I used to work with Sen. Dick Durbin's daughter. She bartended at a restaurant where I waited tables while she was going to the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. She was the nicest, sweetest, most down-to-earth person. This was 20+ years ago and I wasn't all that politically-minded, but I always voted for Dick Durbin under the assumption that he must be a good dude to raise a nice daughter like that.

23. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't imagine Romanoff winning anyone outside 16th Street or Washington Park or the Pearl Street Mall, tbh. Even my pinko-commie dad is going Hickenlooper because he wants Gardner out.

24. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Romanoff won pretty big in the preference poll at the state convention, so he's got statewide support... among folks like me who will give up their Saturday to be a delegate at the state Democratic convention. His problem is the same one that he had when he won the preference polls at the state convention when he was running against Michael Bennet in 2010: State convention delegates may not represent the sentiments of rank-and-file Colorado Democrats. (The other caveat here is that Hick got onto the primary ballot through the petition route, so his surrogates haven't exactly been campaigning hard in caucuses, county conventions, and the state convention.)

American Brummie repped this.
  25. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I've know some good people from bad families, but that's a hard handicap to overcome. At any rate, if Durbin is a baddie, he's a quiet baddie, because I barely ever hear of him. He doesn't seem to be the sort of politician that feels that he must be constantly heard.

Dr. Wankler, CFnwside and charlie15 repped this.