2020 Euro - Spoilers inside this thread [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Brilliant Dutch, Jun 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    England are very ordinary and Kane looks really slow right now. I wonder if any team will take a chance on buying him. England should have started Rashford.

2. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Southgate by far. At least de Boer starts his best players.

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  3. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
    I agree :ROFLMAO:. It will be down to whoever make a mistake and who can capitalize on it and decided by the individual talent, definitely not by these 2 coaches who are undoubtedly the worst of the top 8 teams' coaches.
    Also there is a chance England wants to give Scotland one point so Scotland still have a chance to advance if they can beat Croatia (unlikely).
    The road to final looks not too bad with Runner Up group A/B in round of 16 and possibly Winner Group E/runner up Group F in Semi. Belgium, Italy and 1 of France/Portugal will be in top half. Netherlands and 1 of France/Portugal will be in bottom half.

upload_2021-6-18_16-27-56.png

4. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Baku, here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Baku!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    You might be right! See now some massive vulnerabilities in the France team, despite their huge talent.

7. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    I don't want the Hungarians to win! That Orban country full of fascists (literally over 60% of the country are Neo-Nazis).

8. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
  9. The problem with France is their coach'es lack of fantasy/joy of the game. He counts on the superior quality of the players to drag a win over the meet with as little effort and risk as possible. That tactic however has the vulnerability you have to be able to keep the gate firmly closed, of which I'm not convinced the French defense is capable of.
    Once you get behind, you not only as a team have to go into a mode you're not practicing at all for match after match, but you also give the opponent the opportunity to profit from the sudden urge to go forwards, which opens up the pitch for them. A thing you're not prepared for either, given your match after match MO of leaning back in semi bunker mode.

10. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Deschamps is also fielding too few players who are good in small spaces imho. Or they are not even in the squad.

11. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
    Italy, Belgium and Portugal look more dangerous than France; let's see if Hungary can keep up or collapse near the end like Portugal game.
    If Portugal can beat Germany...

12. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    France are not fast enough passing in the attacking third. Kante is the only reliable MF and Pogba and Rabiot are not renowned for quick ball handling. It allowed Hungary to keep their shape very well. I

13. So what happens if Portugal beats both Germany and France and Hungary beats Grmany?

14. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    France and Hungary are even on points and it will then go to goal differential

15. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Kimmich is a great player but a defensive liability imho.

Hummels and Gosens are disasters waiting to happen. Rudiger has no positional sense.

richsavare repped this.
  16. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Terrible to see Gosens doing so well. This traitor should have played for Oranje! He is after all educated by a Dutch academy and has a Dutch father.

Orange14 repped this.
  17. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Oh man I wish we had Gosens at LWB! 1-4 now for Germany.

18. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I wouldn't call him a traitor a la Ziyech or Kokcu though. Gosens had a decent shout for choosing either team but it makes sense he chose Germany considering he grew up there. It's our fault we didn't call him up during those previous years when he was looked over by Germany. By the time we showed interest it was already too late.

Orange14 repped this.
  19. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Gosens is probably MOTM today!;)

20. Yup.
    I called for his selection, while he just moved to Atalanta. At that time he wasnot on the German radar. I even called for his selection when everybody was shitting about Dest.

21. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Yeah... Defensively he is far from perfect though. You saw that in the first half hour.

22. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    He has learned to be a pro footballer and has learned his technical skills in our academy system. Partially sponsored by the KNVB, partially by Vitesse.

23. PuckVanHeel

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Portugal has a super awful record against Germany. As bad as ours against Portugal.

What has killed them today is their central midfield having no ability (the pundits highlighted this before the match and the subs vs Hungary improving this) and their full-backs are defensively weak as well. Semedo and Guerrero are both not great defenders.

Plus their two center backs are really, really slow.

24. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
    If France tie Portugal and Germany beat Hungary, Germany will win the group.

25. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yeah I know, feels like a lot of us were pushing it for a long time. Had our coaches reacted earlier (as they never do) he would have been an Oranje player.

richsavare repped this.