2020 Euro - Spoilers inside this thread [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Brilliant Dutch, Jun 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Woops! :-D

2. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Didn't say we would make the semi's did I? Nothing about my statement changed. Still can't wait to see England fly out, still hate your biased pundits & journalism and i'm still confident we would have destroyed you guys.

You're welcome to quote me and gloat if England wins.

3. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yes I've noticed the anti-English vitriol on here! You've all got some massive chip on your shoulders thats for sure! Also I'm sorry but the Dutch are FAR more arrogant than the English! How many times do we have to listen to 'total football' from a country thats never even won a World Cup! Germany has FOUR World Cups and THREE Euro wins and yet you don't here any 'total football' bollox coming from them. Considering we didn't lose by 2 goals to the Czechs I somehow seriously doubt you would have 'destroyed us'!! (and you have the cheek to call us arrogant!!).

4. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    We did win the Euro, a tournament which you have never even come close to winning.

BTW I dont hate the English, you guys are some of my favourite Europeans. You just suck at international football, thats all

DutchFanatic repped this.
  5. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Wow, obviously you really are the masters of 'total football' then! No wonder you are all so arrogant with an honours list like that!

6. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    What have you won?? The 1966 world cup which only 16 countries participated in, and you needed a dubious goal to win it all.

Since then you have won nothing, and you barely make it out of your group stage. You also play the most boring football on the planet. Every time I suffer from insomnia I'll download an England game and I sleep like a baby.

No wonder you're jealous of our beautiful total football

7. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Its still a World Cup though isn't it!? By the way it was 4-2, or 3-2 if you like even without the 'dubious goal' that actually WAS a goal. Talking of history was it the last Euro's your 'total football' won for you? After all if you would have despatched of us so easily it must be because you have been so fabulous recently? After all as somebody has said 'England are useless at football' whereas just now the Dutch are? What exactly? Perhaps people in glass houses shouldn't be throwing stones no?

8. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    No, it isnt. A world cup with only 16 teams in it doesnt really count

9. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I think you'll find.............it does. You can Google it if you like?

10. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Germany has six times as many registered footballers and just flies in extra players, like in 1996, if they want. Or pulls a trick like against Portugal in the '97 qualifiers.

11. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nevertheless 4 World Cups and 3 Euro's is not to be sniffed at, of course Brazil has 5, there again Brazil is the size of a continent, however so is Russia, China, India and the US.

12. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  13. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Erm yeah right, it was all luck! lol. When do World Cups actually start to count then!? :-D, still we HAVE been world champions. And what exactly has the home of 'total football' achieved again!?? Oh yeah ONE Euro in................1988!

BTW what have YOU done since 1988??

In fact lets ask something more relevant what have YOU done since 2008!!

I suggest the next time you lot start your anti English vitriol you should try looking into the mirror first.

14. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Now you're getting it :thumbsup:

A WC1998 semifinal
    A WC2010 final
    A WC2014 semifinal

What have you done??

15. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    We've won the World Cup thats what we've done! (Incidently semi finalists at the LAST World Cup (where were you?))

Anyway Ill leave you ladies with this:-

In the next tournament (assuming you manage to qualify) when you 'look forward' to 'destroying England' in the 'semi final' I suggest you worry about the Czech's first, because otherwise you are going to turn into Scotland (your practically there already). In fact at least the Scots have the excuse that they also neet to put out a semi decent Rugby side (mans game) as well as a football team.

16. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I previously asked what you've done SINCE you won the world cup.

You still havent answered

17. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Funny but if we're talking about semi-finals like they actually 'mean something' which they don't (apart from the fact that you're not good enough) then as I DID say, we were semi-finalists in the last World Cup - where were you?

YOU still haven't answered

18. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It means we keep making it much further into tournaments then you do, even though England has over THREE TIMES the population than we do :ROFLMAO:

19. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    What!? You didn't even qualify for the last two!! lol. Lets face it you are the 'worst' performers in the whole region, every country around you (with the exception of Luxembourg) is performing better than you and your 'total football'! And you say the English are arrogant! lol.

20. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You're cherry-picking only 2 tournaments though, and conveniently neglecting how successfull we've been in many other tournaments before that

Anywho dude, I've had enough of your trolling bullshit. Go back to your own forum and maybe there you can convince your fellow posters how impressive your 1966 WC win was :ROFLMAO:

But please leave okay, otherwise a moderator will boot your ass

21. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    You guys started it with your anti English bollox, don't worry though you won't get the same treatment from the 'arrogant English' on their boards - and I'm being accused of 'cherry-picking'! lol. A total of one Euro back in 88, is that really worth boasting 'how successfull we've been'!?

Well in that case thank god we only have to face FOUR times World Champions Germany instead of the mighty Dutch who were looking forward to thrashing us and sending us home! Even if we do get past Germany (which incidently is something I actually think we'll fail to do) we will have to again face the might Czechs destroyers of 'total football' which obviously would be even worse!

I gotta fall back on my 'English arrogance' here before I start to panic!

'One World Cup and two world wars do dah, do dah' - phew, thats better.

Anyhow I wish you guys all the best with the World Cup qualifying and hope to see you in 3 years.

22. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Did we go into your forum with anti English bollox?? Or did we post it in our own forum??

majspike and DutchFanatic repped this.
  23. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #273 Crawleybus, Jun 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
    Doesn't make any difference, its an open forum. I came here looking for (hopefully) good football conversation but noticed a lot of anti-English comments instead, perhaps coming here was a mistake. You are more than welcome to come to the English board, you will find a lot of Englishmen/women on there talking about the football, I doubt you will find any saying they're looking forward to 'thrashing the arrogant Germans/Dutch/French and sending them home', it might just be because the English are NOT as arrogant as some seem to suggest or as some 'others' are on other boards on this forum.
    What I was going to say was that the game (England) against the Czechs was a hard game, the Czechs were surprisingly good, they are one of my 'dark horses' for the tournament, they might go further than a lot of us thought they would, they surprised the English team, I think they surprised the Dutch team too, they're on a roll.

24. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Are you still here?? I thought I told you to take a hike

25. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I wondered if anybody on here actually fancied talking about football? (didn't mean you obviously) but I guess not! If you fancy some footy chat do come and find me won't you!