2020 CONCACAF Olympic qualifying

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by lil_one, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Mills

Mills Member

Aug 23, 2019
    #101 Mills, Jan 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    Ah, how our morals go by the wayside and then downplay our violations when we deem it important or convenient . LOL!!

TimB4Last repped this.
  2. Semblance17

Semblance17 Member+

United States
    Apr 27, 2013
    Lighthouse Point, FL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think @jackdoggy has the right idea: you don't have to worry about not being able to view the broadcast or access the live stream if you're watching the game in person.

Mills, taosjohn and lil_one repped this.
  3. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    winter small.jpg
    I know how you have suffered. I can only imagine your emotional toll. If it is any consolation, take comfort that you are not alone - - - billions, BILLIONS around the world have suffered as you have. I wish I could eliminate the agony.

However, we are almost there. Stay resilient. This 78 - day tragic period of human existence is almost over. This Planetary Nightmare is about to end.
    schhou.jpg
    We are less than 100 hours to Kick in Houston so pacing and chain-smoking has commenced.

Take solace my little Soccer Buddies, for the 2020 Journey with these Women……with this Team……………
    will
    be
    GLORIOUS

4. Semblance17

Semblance17 Member+

United States
    Apr 27, 2013
    Lighthouse Point, FL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I ask again: how are you not the team's publicist?

5. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    CONCACAF tweeted this 5 hours ago. Does "soon" mean today or just before the competition actually starts?

6. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Soon, to a head of lettuce, is a time reckoned in hours but soon, to a mountain, is reckoned in ten's of centuries. Soon to CONCACAF is somewhere between those.

7. Bob Lamm

Bob Lamm Member

Mar 7, 2016
    New York City
    LOL. Wonderful. Just wondering if "soon" to CONCACAF is sometime before the final whistle of Tuesday night's game. :)

8. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    Well, to a manure pile it is a decade or two...

jnielsen repped this.
  9. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Should you wish to contact Concacaf and express your glowing support and admiration for their collective efforts:

Concacaf
    161 NW 6th Street
    Suite #1100
    Miami, FL 33136
    Tel +1 305 704 3232 • Fax +1 305 397 8813 Fax?????????

Which reminds me, I will gladly accept all criticisms if they are on Stone Tablets and delivered by Pony Express.

10. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    That's Roby's department; he's in charge of ponies around here...

11. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's no confirmation but looks like it'll be FoxSports:

Mills repped this.
  12. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

ANGEL CITY FC, UCLA BRUINS
    United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So...... what subscription should I join? I don't have television right now.

13. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #113 FanOfFutbol, Jan 26, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
    The CONCACAF site has no update confirming this as of 19:00 Sunday but, assuming it is true then Sling Blue+Sports extra (The extra is needed for FS2) or Fubo TV or Hulu with live TV or a couple of others would work. You will probably need FS1 and FS2 at least to get all the matches and to authorize Fox Sports to Go which will probably have the low interest matches like they have had for other tournaments.

I will use the Hulu choice as that is the service that works best for me at the most reasonable price for me. I also use "Channels DVR" with which I can record the matches locally for playback when I want. One thing to note: There are a few events, like English Premier League Soccer, that do not record reliably with Channels DVR due to some restriction placed on them by the league nut those items can be recorded on the service involved (Hulu for me in this case) and for Hulu the internal base DVR is 50 hours at no extra charge.

I will be using Hulu at this time but I know several people using Fubo and a few that will use Sling. They are all about the same cost for the needed services and you do get a lot more with each service. Note: Hulu includes Fox soccer plus, I do not know about the others.

I do not know if Fubo will authorize Fox Sports to go but I do know that the others do and unless something changes Fubo will not authorize the ESPN apps on the Roku or Fire devices.

McSkillz repped this.
  14. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I know it is early on Monday (06:45 EST) but there still is no change on the CONCACAF site and Fox does not show any matches on either the regular schedule or the schedule on Fox Sports Go.

There is no official announcement that I can find either. I REALLY hope the Grant Wahl was not just blowing smoke to reduce the flack that he has been receiving and make his life easier.

I know that sounds negative but US soccer has screwed up the men's side so badly that I fear the stupidity and incompetence is leaching over into the women's side and disseminating misinformation is just the first salvo in the storm that will hurt the Women's game as much as Katrina hurt New Orleans.

But I do hope I am overreacting quite a bit. It just seems that if Grant's statement is true CONCACAF, U.S. Soccer and Fox would be releasing announcements as fast as possible to get the information out and to maximize advertising revenue even if that means working the various media departments overtime just to get the news out there.

15. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't think they'd be releasing any information until at least actual business hours today. No one's in the office yet!

jnielsen repped this.
  16. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    What I kind of expected was that they, at least one of the entities involved, would put out extra effort to get the news out. I realize that expectation was, probably, more than a little naive but it does seem that the time is VERY close and this news is important enough to put out extra effort and even call in some people yesterday to make the news available.

But I guess that they figured that since it was already so late that an extra day would make no difference. Also my sense of time urgency is greatly enhanced because my recovering from the surgery I recently had has me stuck at home and therefore I want as much notice as possible so as to set up recordings etc so as not to miss what I want to see. It should be said that I am interested in all the matches not just the ones involving the US and setting up those recordings and/or planing my time is not as easy as it used to be. Not all the matches will necessarily be on recordable channels so I might have to plan my time so I watch unrecordable matches live and record others. At least it appears that no two matches are scheduled at the same time so I "should" have no problems BUT I have seen some tournaments broadcast by Fox where several of the "lesser" matches are shown only once and delayed to fit into their schedule.

17. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Mills, lil_one, jackdoggy and 3 others repped this.
  18. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    Well Well Well, that's nice they deemed it broadcast worthy.
    I'll have to rely on a YouTuber putting the match up a day or 2 after as it's on at 2:30am where I'll be.

Coconut Juice used to post up full matches.
    You can always PM. me here if you find something.
    Thanks gang.

19. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The good news is that the matches are beginning to show on the Hulu guide and in the Fox Sports go app. There are still some matches that are not showing at all but I guess Fox is still rearranging their schedule to add the matches. I am reasonably content but it still has not peculated to the Channels DVR schedule but I guess that will come in time. I prefer to record, if needed, locally because the Hulu app is somewhat clumsy to use.

Now if all the currently missing matches will only show up. Currently most, maybe all, of the matches from the first two match days of both groups and the last match day for both groups and the final are in the schedule but none of the matches from match day two and none of the semifinals are listed. But like I said I believe that is just Fox getting its act together.

It should be noted that a Spanish language feed is still not listed on the CONCACAF site.

20. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    jnielsen, Semblance17 and TimB4Last repped this.
  21. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    So are they on an hour delay? Or have they moved the kick time? Or were the time zones wrong in the original announcement?

22. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank Heavens the issue of broadcast rights is finally resolved. This whole situation reinforces the importance of committing these CONCACAF and FIFA Tournament USWNT Matches (well, ALL USWNT Matches for some……..and I won’t say who:D:D) to a Digital Recording Device. Similar to the WWC Matches, I assume we can expect no replays of the these Matches over broadcast airwaves.

Let me reiterate, how ridiculous is it that the United States Women’s National Soccer Team successfully defends OUR CUP thus conquering the Universe last Summer in France…….and the Matches can’t be replayed on television. Do you have any sense of the absolute drivel that is constantly replayed on various sports channels? AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH. I’m going to try to not injury myself while stepping down from this soapbox.

The Matches in Houston all start at 7:30 CT.

McSkillz and Mills repped this.
  23. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #123 FanOfFutbol, Jan 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
    The times agree with what is currently shown on the US web site, I do not remember if the times were different before.

Those looking at the schedule on Fox will note that several matches including the US's second match (Panama vs US) and one of the semifinals will be on Fox Soccer Plus. Hulu plus Live TV has Fox Soccer Plus but I do not know if other providers have it.
    The others requiring Plus are:
    Haiti vs Costa Rica on Friday Jan 31
    Jamaica vs Canada on Sat Feb 1

Only one match (the semi that is not on Plus) is on FS1 the rest are on FS2 so those with Sling will need the sports add on to watch much.
    Edit: I just notice that there is another match on FS1 it is US vs Costa Rica

I guess this is about as good as we could expect and I hope the Fox announcers, or whoever gets used for these, are better than what we usually get. It can hardly get worse.

jnielsen repped this.
  24. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Actually, looking at the schedule it appears that there will be several replays of many matches at unusual times on FS2. Also the Fox Sports Go app offers replays of almost everything on Fox Sports. It is hoped the really do as they have in the past but nothing is sure where the media is concerned.

25. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    All three were showing as 5:30 Mountain on ussoccer.com yesterday, but show as 8:30 eastern on this report today. Of course people screw up adjusting for mountain all the time, but...