2020 Columbus Crew schedule

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by TRUJDUB, Dec 19, 2019.

1. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And I'm not excusing anything, just stating my observance is a bit different than what has been talked about.

To give a little more insight, I work in an area of Medicare that involves DSNP plans, or Dual Special Needs Plans, meaning the people I work with are both Medicare and Medicaid recipients. That would be people in the low end of the income scale, and yet the majority have smartphones.

2. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same goes for the Oakland Athletics going off of radio.

LaMacchia repped this.
  3. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Again, why is mobile-only necessary to control the resale market? The Cavaliers (AXS ticketing) have a very locked-down ticket system and allow credit card (or even drivers' license/state ID) entry.

Is it really the only way to control resale revenue or a fetishization of technology and/or ageism?

4. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They may be trying to get out of that market though.... They are having a very tough time getting a stadium deal done.

MLSinCleveland repped this.
  5. Dan Milton

Dan Milton Member

Nov 25, 1998
    I am using my tablet to do all the functions I used to do on my computer. My fingers are to big and wide for me to be using a cell phone for typing and the screen is too small for my old eyes to read comfortably!

MLSinCleveland repped this.
  6. CBusAlex

CBusAlex Member

Jun 17, 2011
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think I've ever had consistent service in or around a stadium on game day. That's gonna be a big problem if screenshots won't work and you have to have an active data connection to pull up your barcode, unless every carrier upgrades their technology such that they can handle 30-60,000 people pinging off the same tower at once.

MLSinCleveland and TKyle repped this.
  7. zman31

zman31 Member+

May 5, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think one of the things very likely to be part of the new stadium is a robust public wifi system and maybe cell tower boosters.

Draghignazzo and MLSinCleveland repped this.
  8. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The rotating barcode doesn't require a data connection. It's basically a hard token, based on timestamps. It's all local and independent of the network.

jairadballerina and MLSinCleveland repped this.