2020 Coaching Thread

Discussion in 'Coach' started by stphnsn, Feb 9, 2020.

1. rustysurf83

rustysurf83 Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    What is everyone doing while things are shut down? Our teams are subscribing to Techne Futbol and doing social media challenges so far

2. danielpeebles2

Dec 3, 2013
    I'm starting to think of what social media challenges we can do to inspire our team to 'play soccer at home' and stay active.

The club forwarded some links to the team, it really didn't inspire team engagement over our teamsnap platform.

3. rustysurf83

rustysurf83 Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Our Club has been doing a pretty good job. They’ve got kids posting almost non-stop with their challenges.

https://m.facebook.com/ewsurfsc/

4. elessar78

elessar78 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 12, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Technical question regarding plant foot: do you land on your forefoot or heel? Or is it dependent on the type of strike you are executing?

5. rca2

rca2 Member+

Nov 25, 2005
    Generally speaking when running and jumping you don't land on the heel.

elessar78 repped this.
  6. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My state association held an update video call with DOCs today. They said we're resuming play 4/15. Apparently, we're on the Trumpian schedule. Damn the torpedoes. Full speed ahead. I can't believe it. I was fully expecting to hear the spring season was cancelled.

7. rca2

rca2 Member+

Nov 25, 2005
    They are going to get a lot of pushback. What will they do if the local governments close the facilities. Most places schools are already closed, if your club uses a school property there will be a lot of forfeited matches and no training.

8. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My impression is that they've missed the forest for the trees.

elessar78 and rca2 repped this.
  9. elessar78

elessar78 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 12, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Same in our state. If they start up that soon, me and my kids will be sitting out the spring season.

rca2 repped this.
  10. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our club directors voted to continue to suspend activities as long as the schools are closed. I guess that's easier for an all-volunteer club to stomach than it might be at a club where peoples' jobs are at stake.

TCRZero and rca2 repped this.