2020/24 Takumi Minamino @ Liverpool F.C. (ENG)

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by Samurai Warrior, Dec 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kenny South

Kenny South Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    May 25, 2019
  2. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    #27 teioh, Jan 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    It seems Minamino lost his only chance to impress Klopp with his fail against Everton.

Lallana always in instead of him and actually he's doing not so good.

Ok Origi and Fabinho in, bye bye Minamino.

3. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Minamino needs time to be fully integrated into Liverpool’s team. No one expected him to have playing time immediately.

Liverpool are expected to have at least a 19-points lead on top of the EPL by the beginning of next month, and with UCL knock-out matches being the top priority, Jürgen Klopp is expected to field his second team in the EPL and Minamino will have some playing time.

4. HTCONEM8

HTCONEM8 Member+

AC Milan
    May 16, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Hyperbole, much?
    Give the lad some time to adapt.

5. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Guys I agree with you. I hoped to see him as a sub for one of the 3 fws, that's all.

6. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Found some news about Minamino in for Mane tonight.
    Probably bs but let's hope till.the very end.

7. larc-en

larc-en Member

Mar 8, 2008
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Our boi is in

8. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    He struggled to make much impact tbh but that's expected. Also Salah was selfish af most of his game.

seolseol repped this.
  9. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Liverpool struggled a lot with Wolves, not exactly the best match for Minamino's EPL debut.
    As said Salah was a lot selfish but he encouraged Minamino after his first (deflected) shoot on goal, so at least he support him.

Now Mane is injured. Sunday Minamino will have other playtime, let's hope for a goal.

seolseol repped this.
  10. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

seolseol and HTCONEM8 repped this.
  11. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    His positioning was pretty great. He never got the ball when in good positions in front of the goal though.

seolseol repped this.
  12. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Started but not exactly what we hope for...

13. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    Dont know how he performed but I think okay, cause Liverpool was leading 2-0.

But even when he was bad today its very hard to play with the reserve resevers. Almost the hole team was not playing together in this formation so you can say Minamino was not really playing with "Liverpool". Klopp will know this. Its hard to play in a new league, with a new team especially when this team today is total out of team chemistry.

The other 2 games by the way Klopp was driving more or less crazy cause he loves what Takumi was playing. I would say a slightly solid start for Minamino. Of course not the Firestart we dream off but Minamino will shine under Klopp no worries.

14. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Apparently he was quite poor. its not clear why Klopp wouldn't put him on the left and insists on him as a CF

15. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    That's Firmino's position, the other player in the squad most like him in style. If Minamino can replace him 1-1 Klopp can rest Firmino without having to change the formation or tactics.

16. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I don't think Minamino will thrive there without putting on 10kg.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  17. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Having said that, i think as long as he can make it to the summer break with some reasonable rotation playing time and head into training camp pre season with a bit of experience and integration thats all we can hope for.

He should get a 10 or so games in between now and then across all competitions. If he can get maybe 1-2 goals and a couple good performances that'd be great

18. marten48

marten48 Member

Jun 2, 2012
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I watched the game. To me he wasn’t that poor. Made some good passes, kept possession pretty well, tracked back defensively. His problem was that Liverpool was very poor, especially after they went up 2-0, and lacked fluency in their play. Whenever he would make runs his teammates would not pass the ball to him. Hard to make an impact as a forward if your teammates don’t get you the ball in front of goal.

Samurai Warrior and gandychan repped this.
  19. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Mane still break?
    Anyway the replay of this match will be very interesting! I hope Minamino will start again, it will be a tough and dramatic match for Pool since they can't lose the face against this type of opponents, FA Cup or not.

20. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Klopp admitted that the team will entertain the 2-weeks league break in February and neither him or any of the first-team players will play the replay against Shrewsbury.

Whispered11 and seolseol repped this.
  21. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    He is making improvement game after game, and showing more signs of forming chemistry and fitting in with the team.

seolseol repped this.
  22. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    He needs to ... he’s been tremendously disappointed thus far !!

23. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    They tried Tsubasa and Misaki's Twin Shoot but the final product didnt go as expected.

24. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    This actually funny:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:!

25. poyotaryo

poyotaryo Member

Brazil
    Feb 14, 2020
    Brussels, Belgium
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    5 more wins for Liverpool and they'll lift the PL. Hopefully that'll mean more appearances for Minamino by the end of the season.

I'm curious how many trophies he'll manage to get this year, thanks to the help of his former teammates in Salzburg as well, he could break a record in japanese football history.